It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rich MUST Be Stopped. they are feeding off ALL of us!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
In my opinion many of the extremely wealthy people view others as beneath them so to speak, and they have no qualms about taking advantage of anyone to turn a profit. Their is often no sense of moral decency or ethics. Money is the bottom line, and this is partly why I think capitalism is doomed to failure. It can only go on so long before the people turn on the rich, because things MUST get that bad in a system like that in place in the US.

I mean think about the fact that 1% of the population controls about 50% of the wealth. There is something inherently wrong with that, and it doesn't take an economist to recognize as much. It is common sense really. And the fact that the 1% will control even more wealth in the future means things can only go downhill. One can argue semantics all day long, but that is the bottom line.

We've seen what the extremely wealthy do, just look at the bank bailout, the price of gas, etc. There are just so many things that one could point to. Has anyone ever looked at the yearly profits for the large oil companies? It is absolutely sickening, especially when people cannot afford gas, which they need just to get by in their daily lives.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Aphorism
The "rich" are products of the system in which they thrive, not the other way around. It's as simple as stop paying for it, stop funding them, stop demanding their supply, stop willingly taking the money out of your wallet and putting it in theirs. They are not rich because they steal, but because you simply hand it over.

poppycock.

stop eating, stop using electricity, stop using any form of transportation, stop paying insurance, etc..

They own and profit off every aspect of our lives and even withhold technology that would make life for everyone better so they can profit.

There is no way out, except death. If we stand up and change the entire system into one where everyone gets a piece of the pie, humanity might just progress into a paradise of sorts.

Work should be rewarded, but saying one person's work is worth more than another is very wrong.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by andr3w68

I don't think you understand.

There are some folks who don't want to "set the slaves free".

What they want is to change the name on the wealthy bank accounts.

It's only wealth redistribution because THEY want the wealthys' money.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
There's something perplexing about this whole rich vs. middle-class vs. poor thing.

All we hear from just about everybody from the time we are all kids is:

Go to school and get a college degree and become a professional

Like be a doctor or a lawyer or an accountant or a pharmacist or a nurse or a business owner or something other than a slave worker.

Then when many take that advice, they get ridiculed and lambasted beyond belief.

Where is society going wrong?

Should we just eliminate all higher education and professions?

What happens then?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

It takes hard work, sacrifice, drive, motivation, personal responsibility, discipline to achieve that.

Easier to just make a speech, justify theft, smash a window and take someone else's money.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

beezzer

It takes hard work, sacrifice, drive, motivation, personal responsibility, discipline to achieve that.

Easier to just make a speech, justify theft, smash a window and take someone else's money.

the economy is set so many work hard their whole lives but very few ever get rich. Instead of a few billionaires and couple hundred multi millionaires. why not a few tens of million people with about half a million?

And it takes LUCK above hard work, etc. blah, blah, blah.

I have known MANY people that have saved and worked hard for decades, and they still end up with FAR less than some rich punk whose daddy is a Mitt Romney Gordon Gekko type traitor

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

well what should we do as a society?

(fill in the blanks)

Step 1 _____

Step 2 _____

Step 3 _____

Step 4 _____

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

poppycock.

stop eating, stop using electricity, stop using any form of transportation, stop paying insurance, etc..

They own and profit off every aspect of our lives and even withhold technology that would make life for everyone better so they can profit.

There is no way out, except death. If we stand up and change the entire system into one where everyone gets a piece of the pie, humanity might just progress into a paradise of sorts.

Who purchases their products? You. Who voted them into power? You. Where do they get their riches from? You. These things don't materialize out of thin air. They are not stealing anything but your own self-imposed slavery brought about by your self-entitled need for luxury and convenience. If you are unable to produce your own food, electricity, transportation, or are entirely dependent on them to survive—is that their fault?

I can point to many societies and communities that cultivate and produce their own foods, and live good happy lives without luxury. The problem is you just want to drive a block to the corner of the street just minutes away from your heated, watered, electric house, and purchase something that fell off of some assembly line. Yes, that sort of life comes at a premium. Luxury and convenience isn't free.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Aphorism

Once again you are dead wrong. I didn't vote for this, I was born into it. Had I a choice to be born?

And, I wish I could buy some land and homestead, it has been my dream and goal for a very long time.

But, guess what? the RICH have cornered that too! cant buy a piece of land without the rich getting their cut first!

noone can get a fair deal on property because the rich make sure to buy and "flip it" first at a premium.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

step 1. No profiting off of medicine, abolish all medical items from the stock market
step 2. No LANDLORDS. people cant buy affordable housing because the rich get it first and push up the price
step 3. no futures markets, no commodities trading.
step 4. no flipping of property. Each man/woman can only own 2 houses.
step 5. all people with offshore accounts that avoid taxes... life in prison, assets seized.

good start.

anyone that thinks it is OK to profit of the misery of others are the lowest lifeforms, all farmers that grow GMO food yet grow organic food for their family becuase they "wont touch that GMO stuff" lose their farms, never allowed to farm again.
edit on 25-3-2014 by HanzHenry because: bb

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

FlyersFan
People have a right to make money.
People have a right to keep what they make.
We can't steal it from them.
While I wish they'd voluntarily share more of their wealth for the good of the planet
... I don't know how to spark them into doing so.

But simply taking it from them is the wrong answer.
Those that did so, and those that 'took care' of the wealth, would just be corrupted.

When they create scams that make them morally thieves and destroyers of the middle class then it is not that they have a right to make money. This is creation of Ponzi schemes from the feudal leaders thru corrupt politicians has to stop.

¨IMF/banks lending to corrupt politicians that steal the money and the people in the country (just look at Africa) have to feed the banks for all time. Insane tax rates going directly to the banks benefit instead of helping the people. Economic slavery where people are in debt thru their citizenship. Just look at United States.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

HanzHenry

beezzer

the economy is set so many work hard their whole lives but very few ever get rich. Instead of a few billionaires and couple hundred multi millionaires. why not a few tens of million people with about half a million?

Because people don't want it bad enough to earn it. (Tho justifying TAKING it seems so much easier)

And it takes LUCK above hard work, etc. blah, blah, blah.

Wrong. Just wrong. Create your own luck. Or be lazy.

Your choice.

I have known MANY people that have saved and worked hard for decades, and they still end up with FAR less than some rich punk whose daddy is a Mitt Romney Gordon Gekko type traitor

Who cares.

Really. Who cares.

This envy and obsession with what others have just boggles my mind!

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

HanzHenry

step 1. No profiting off of medicine, abolish all medical items from the stock market
step 2. No LANDLORDS. people cant buy affordable housing because the rich get it first and push up the price
step 3. no futures markets, no commodities trading.
step 4. no flipping of property. Each man/woman can only own 2 houses.
step 5. all people with offshore accounts that avoid taxes... life in prison, assets seized.

good start.

anyone that thinks it is OK to profit of the misery of others are the lowest lifeforms, all farmers that grow GMO food yet grow organic food for their family becuase they "wont touch that GMO stuff" lose their farms, never allowed to farm again.
edit on 25-3-2014 by HanzHenry because: bb

It sounds like all that would need to be achieved by government legislation.

And it sounds just like any common ultra-authoritarian ultra-totalitarian Left-of-Center "system" I think.

They've tried that and failed in the past.

How would you factor in all the psychotic psycho-pathological influences ?

WHO would decide who gets to be the "administrators" ?

And, you forgot about "education".

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I care, and there are many others that do also.

Slavery, that is the road the ELites have paved. I prefer not to be a slave that works everyday for scraps, eating substandard food that was designed to make my kids sick so that some rich jerk can have a 300 million dollar yacht.

I prefer not living in a society where those with the upper hand use it to mold society to their liking. The ELites are able to eat the finest food, nourishing their bodies more than others. They are able to thrive will others suffer and struggle. Knowing that the more others suffer, the more they thrive.

Balance, there needs to be balance.

If there was a way to have communism without greed and hypocrisy we could go there, but the human condition is not ready.

When someone works all week and they have to feed their family unhealthy food while some other rich jerk feeds his family the best night after night. When that rich jerk is able to give his kids more inheritance than what 10 people that worked their selves into the grave, that i needs to change.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

This is the problem.

Comparing happiness against another.

"I can't be happy because someone else makes more."

When you base your happiness/life against another, then you'll always be unhappy.

It used to be called "keeping up with the Jones".

It's like saying, "I can't be successful because someone else is more successful than I am".

You need to stop basing your success/failure/happiness against others.

Judge for yourself what would make you happy. There is no positive basis or outcome for comparing yourself to anyone else.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It doesn't really have anything to do with that. I don't find injustice in the system because I want a 300 million dollar yacht, a car stable full of sports cars, a multi-million dollar house, and a trophy wife. I don't need any of that crap. I'd be happy living off the grid in a little house big enough for me and my family with a bit of land and the ability to live our lives without having to line someone else's pockets every month. But all of that takes money. Land is incredibly expensive, building a house with plumbing and all that is expensive, and getting off the grid is expensive. To do even just that much, you are looking at hundreds of thousands of dollars. Not many people have a few hundred grand lying around.

To even get to a place where you can free yourself from that cut throat system takes large sums of money. Your work is not your own until you get there, because your hard earned money goes to someone else every month. Utility bills, the bank for your mortgage, the loan company for your vehicle, the schools to cover the costs of your children's education, etc etc. A guy basically takes his paycheck at the end of the month and then carves it up into pieces for other people, and if he's lucky, he's got a couple bucks left over after he budgets the rest to feed his family.

The average joe can't become rich, because it takes capital to get there, and we don't have any capital or disposable income after we're done giving the fruits of our labor over to the rich. It's not about hard work. That's BS.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I have to disagree.

It is about hard work. And it can be done.

It's not easy. It's never been easy. But it is possible.

Discipline, hard work, motivation. . . it can be done.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

This is the problem.

Comparing happiness against another.

"I can't be happy because someone else makes more."

When you base your happiness/life against another, then you'll always be unhappy.

It used to be called "keeping up with the Jones".

It's like saying, "I can't be successful because someone else is more successful than I am".

You need to stop basing your success/failure/happiness against others.

Judge for yourself what would make you happy. There is no positive basis or outcome for comparing yourself to anyone else. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=#sthash.dH1ZWkY9.dpuf

Good grief, talk about being obtuse!! It's not ABOUT comparing "happiness" or "keeping up with the Jones". It's not even about "success" - whatever THAT means, because it's pretty subjective.

It's about how a good honest life of working OUGHT to AT THE VERY LEAST afford a HOME, 3 HEALTHY MEALS A DAY, and GAS to GET to work...not to mention that a LIFETIME spent working (no matter WHAT that work is), ought to be able to provide for emergencies and savings as WELL as the BASICS. And a growing amount of people aren't even able to do THAT today, nor expect it for their kids for that matter...

The bottom line is you can only live in ONE house at a time; and drive ONE car at a time - yet how many people own vast amounts of each? This is not envy at what they have - it's DISGUST at their GREED and their participation in corruption of the system at the expense of the majority.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MoonBlossom

It's an unhealthy obsession with what someone else has.

If you're going to be blunt.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I don't find injustice in the system because I want a 300 million dollar yacht, a car stable full of sports cars, a multi-million dollar house, and a trophy wife. I don't need any of that crap. I'd be happy living off the grid in a little house big enough for me and my family with a bit of land and the ability to live our lives without having to line someone else's pockets every month. But all of that takes money.

Your work is not your own until you get there, because your hard earned money goes to someone else every month. Utility bills, the bank for your mortgage, the loan company for your vehicle, the schools to cover the costs of your children's education, etc etc. A guy basically takes his paycheck at the end of the month and then carves it up into pieces for other people, and if he's lucky, he's got a couple bucks left over after he budgets the rest to feed his family.

The average joe can't become rich, because it takes capital to get there, and we don't have any capital or disposable income after we're done giving the fruits of our labor over to the rich.

Very well spoken DeadSeraph - I know many people who feel the same. When there is no money LEFT in order to save, and no capital TO invest in yourself, hard work is nothing but working from cradle to grave for everyone BUT yourself. No rich person, in similar shoes could do it either; and frankly most just don't care about any reality but their own.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join