It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What was my computer being scanned by?

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Maybe I was just being a little paranoid. Supposidely they were able to access the website.

[edit on 25-11-2004 by NWObringer]

[edit on 25-11-2004 by NWObringer]

[edit on 25-11-2004 by NWObringer]




posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
If you are interested, I can send a private message containing the site on the grounds that you promise to keep it secret to everyone else.



posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Search results for: 82.105.236.171
ARIN WHOIS gave this info

OrgName: RIPE Network Coordination Centre
OrgID: RIPE
Address: Singel 258
Address: 1016 AB
City: Amsterdam
StateProv:
PostalCode:
Country: NL

This is what they do

About the RIPE NCC
The RIPE NCC is an independent, not-for-profit membership organisation that supports the infrastructure of the Internet through technical co-ordination in its service region. The most prominent activity of the RIPE NCC is to act as the Regional Internet Registry (RIR) providing global Internet resources and related services (IPv4, IPv6 and AS Number resources) to members in the RIPE NCC service region. The membership consists mainly of Internet Service Providers (ISPs), telecommunication organisations and large corporations located in Europe, the Middle East, Central Asia and African countries north of the equator.

www.ripe.net...



posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Did you just install Zone Alarm? I've been "scanned" over 100 times in the past 4 hours, it's generally not a big deal. You can turn the Event Alerts OFF or to MEDIUM (which will only show High-rated alerts). Having it on HIGH will drive you crazy. (It still logs all alerts, and you can review the logs...)



posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Hmm... well in that case I'm undoubtedly surprised that it's not whom I was looking for. I've just sent NetZero the website that I was accessing to see if the same thing hapened for him too, I needed to shut my computer down so I wouldn't get so many access attempts, I can send it to you too.



posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Zone Alarm is one of the best if not the best Fire walls I use it along with a program called 'Prevx home' it is supposed to protect your system from new and emerging attacks from worms, Trojans, spyware and hackers 'Prevex home' is free also



posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I just tried the website that NWO U2Ued me, and the same thing happened. here's a little more info:

The site wouldn't open at all in Firefox (my browser of choice, perhaps this is one reason why?)

It opened in IE, and everything looked normal. So I tried to open Word (NWO said Word locked up); Word started to open, then I got a Macro warning...not much info, except the Macro "author" was "Lingea s.r.o.", linked to an "Unsafe" certificate from the same source. (Now I have to go and delete the Macro from the Word startup folder...)

I'm going to report this to Zone Alarm.

Any other ideas anyone??

Oh, btw, this site is reporting on a law case, nothing to do with some NWO org, it's Omega World Travel. So that part's just coincidental.



posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azeari of the Radiant Eye
I just tried the website that NWO U2Ued me, and the same thing happened. here's a little more info:

The site wouldn't open at all in Firefox (my browser of choice, perhaps this is one reason why?)

It opened in IE, and everything looked normal. So I tried to open Word (NWO said Word locked up); Word started to open, then I got a Macro warning...not much info, except the Macro "author" was "Lingea s.r.o.", linked to an "Unsafe" certificate from the same source. (Now I have to go and delete the Macro from the Word startup folder...)

I'm going to report this to Zone Alarm.

Any other ideas anyone??

Oh, btw, this site is reporting on a law case, nothing to do with some NWO org, it's Omega World Travel. So that part's just coincidental.

Yeah, good point. I already sent the error report to Microsoft, I suppose we could also file a lawsuit against them for violating the FOIA, if that's the case. Since it's not viewable in certain browsers, but it is viewable in Internet Explorer, would that mean that they could possibly have a connection with them? What's the point of hosting a website if no one can see it?



posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Well, it might just be a fluke. Didn't appear to do any actual damage (fingers crossed).

I tried to report it to Zone Labs but apparently there's no facility to do so. Maybe I'll check Symantec...

If & when you get a response from Microsoft could you post it?



posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azeari of the Radiant Eye
Well, it might just be a fluke. Didn't appear to do any actual damage (fingers crossed).

I tried to report it to Zone Labs but apparently there's no facility to do so. Maybe I'll check Symantec...

If & when you get a response from Microsoft could you post it?

Yeah, it could possibly be a flux as well, I gtg now so I can't talk as much anymore.


E_T

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
Zone Alarm is one of the best if not the best Fire walls I use it along with a program called 'Prevx home' it is supposed to protect your system from new and emerging attacks from worms, Trojans, spyware and hackers 'Prevex home' is free also
Hardware firewall and NAT is real solution to it, that way incoming worms and attacks are stopped "even before they enter to your yard".
If you have only software firewall that means they're already knocking on your door.

And second thing is using non-Micro$oft browser, it's really prone suck every spyware and malware it founds to your PC.




top topics



 
0

log in

join