It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: "I'm Concerned About a Loose Nuke Being Detonated in Manhattan"- prep for a false flag?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

And we understand what he said, that he is more worried about a nuke in manhattan than the russian threat.
What seems warped is to use such analogy(as I have explained before).

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

good one Wrabbit the levity is appropriate in a non levitic kinda way
the mirror image is appropriate..for the purposes of this thread...
kennedy stopped a nuclear war...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This is me going down some serious conspiracy-type road... (for the sake of the discussion)

While some believe global warming is BS, I am from the camp that believes it is very real. Actually, just took a global climate change course at my college and found some of the statistics to be rather scary, but I digress. Say we begin to see sea levels rise at an alarming rate due to the polar ice caps, greenland, all melting away. Now there's been lots of speculation that Manhattan could/would be threatened by rising sea levels within the next 50-100 years. Maybe the US wouldn't mind a nuke going off on a piece of land that they already know will be inhabitable down the road, so it's lose-lose anyway, so why not make a giant statement with this no-win scenario...

I dunno, I decided to go way off the trail there......hahahahahaha

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Yusomad

These types of analogies did not used to be a problem when I was growing up or as it sets, with most other Presidents. So either Americans are becoming to stupid to too understand a simple analogy or the Presidents words are being twisted in the media.

This President has proven to me that no matter what your politics are, being only half white in the White House is a serious problem.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Since everything Obama says actually means the exact opposite of what he says ("If you like your insurance you can keep your insurance."), I am now TERRIFIED of Russia.

We all need to watch Russia. Manhattan, however, is perfectly safe.

link   
Obama gets Daily Presidential Briefings all the time that talk about loose nukes, smuggled nukes, terrorist nuke plans, etc. It's a nifty way for the CIA and NSA to keep control over him. It's a wonder every President since Eisenhower hasn't spent the entire four to eight years hiding under the Resolute Desk.

That said, am I the only one that thinks that a bomb in Manhattan at the intersection of Wall Street and the Federal Reserve Building, along with another one halfway between Congress and the White House, wouldn't be a disaster so much as a Fresh Start?

Ya gotta laugh sometimes; first they couldn't wait to build these infernal devices, then they almost instantaneously lost control of them. Nuthin' like your own technology coming back to bite you in the ass.

link   

jhn7537
This is me going down some serious conspiracy-type road... (for the sake of the discussion)

While some believe global warming is BS, I am from the camp that believes it is very real. Actually, just took a global climate change course at my college and found some of the statistics to be rather scary, but I digress. Say we begin to see sea levels rise at an alarming rate due to the polar ice caps, greenland, all melting away. Now there's been lots of speculation that Manhattan could/would be threatened by rising sea levels within the next 50-100 years. Maybe the US wouldn't mind a nuke going off on a piece of land that they already know will be inhabitable down the road, so it's lose-lose anyway, so why not make a giant statement with this no-win scenario...

I dunno, I decided to go way off the trail there......hahahahahaha

Yes you are rambling, but its no less plausible than any other idea, keep this as a reminder, if it happens you know we will be looking for you.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

With all due respect.. What other president was making such casual and offhanded comments DURING the largest global crisis I've seen since 1989?

I actually saw history prof's this week look SCARED... You know what it takes to make a history professor show any emotion outside of passion for dusty books and old stories?? That is an attention getter.

Was Kennedy cracking jokes and making Russian humor during the Cuban Missile Crisis? There is a time for general P.R. fluff in speeches to rah rah the Faithful...and there is a time to realize that words cause actions to happen and actions can get people killed with 0's on the end.

He never has appreciated the fact that Presidents don't have opinions. They don't make observations. They speak and set or redefine National Policy, every speech and with every word.
edit on 25-3-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Danbones

Obama: "I'm Concerned About a Loose Nuke Being Detonated in Manhattan"
Speaking at a brief news conference in the Hague, President Obama said he's more worried about a loose nuke being detonated in Manhattan than he is about Russia:

www.weeklystandard.com...

Are we being prepped for a false flag, and is Obama is telegraphing to Putin that he would happily start world war three just to spite Russia...because the US has been caught supporting alciaduh in syria and nazis in Ukraine, and is against the democratic process as expressed in Crimea?
or is the president really afraid Russia would start a MAD event?

what do you think ATS?

edit on Tueam3b20143America/Chicago26 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Tueam3b20143America/Chicago32 by Danbones because: spedding

I sure hope not. I live Manhattan!

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
possibly
Israel attacks Iran..iran sleeper cells the US( the us paid for Israels attack..the attacks on the US could be real or FF )...
US attacks Iran..Russia backs Iran....Ukraine blows up..EU and Russia tangle there...
fronts in syria Iran and ukraine...afgahnistan ..maybe in afrika as well...

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon have ordered the army to continue preparing for a possible military strike on Iran’s nuclear facilities at a cost of at least 10 billion shekels ($2.89 billion) this year, despite the talks between Iran and the West, according to recent statements by senior military officers.

Some MKs asked the army’s deputy chief of staff, Maj. Gen. Gadi Eizenkot, and planning directorate official Brig. Gen. Agai Yehezkel whether they felt there was justification for investing so much money in those preparations, said the MKs present at the meetings, who asked that their names be withheld because of the sensitivity of the issue. They said some lawmakers also asked whether the interim agreement reached between Iran and the six powers in November 2013, and the ongoing negotiations for a full nuclear accord, had caused any change in the IDF’s preparations.

The IDF representatives said the army had received a clear directive from government officials from the political echelon – meaning Netanyahu and Ya’alon – to continue readying for a possible independent strike by Israel on the Iranian nuclear sites, regardless of the talks now happening between Iran and the West, the three MKs said.

www.haaretz.com...

now its often been said the Mullahs work for BP just like the Shaw the CIA installed did...

A top Iranian military leader says the Islamic Republic has terrorist sleeper cells in the United States that are ready to launch attacks on key population “centers” once given the command from Tehran.

Though he stressed that the attacks would only come if the Islamic Republic is attacked first, the speech seems at odds with Iran’s recent diplomatic outreach with the Obama administration, which has resulted in an interim deal designed to at least temporarily halt their development of nuclear weapons.

"America, with its strategic ignorance, does not have a full understanding of the power of the Islamic Republic,” the Islamic Revolutionary Guards commander, Brig. Gen. Hossein Salami, warned in a televised interview reported by The Daily Caller.

"We have recognized America’s military strategy, and have arranged our abilities, and have identified centers in America (for attack) that will create a shock,” Salami said. “We will conduct such a blow in which they (America) will be destroyed from within."

Recent reports have suggested that terrorist forces tied to Hezbollah, a strong ally of Iran, have infiltrated the U.S. and have designed specific American targets, according to the Daily Caller.

Salami boasted that if the U.S. takes up its military threats against Iran, the Islamic Republic would then "recognize no boundary for its response.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com www.newsmax.com...
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

www.newsmax.com...

this would also lesten the radiatiion out cry from the 104 nuke plants and other waste sites that are falling apart in the US and also Fukushima would be put on the back burner too...
(yay GE..just like BP in the gulf...a forgotten villian(s))
edit on Tuepm3b20143America/Chicago22 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The other troubling issue is that they were playing an interactive nuclear war game.

Time to do a check on my emergency plans.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Pretty sure that just about everyone's concerned about a loose nuke being detonated in Manhattan. Oh since about February 26, 1993, and probably even before that. I would watch this with interest but also not make too much of it. Good to note it.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
If a Nuke goes off in Manhattan it's because the Administration allowed it go off in NYC.

Just like 9/11 and the Boston Bombings.

Can't stop beating that war drum, people might catch on to the scam!

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wrabbit, this is a long ways away from the Cuban Missile Crisis. At the moment is is little more than a local crisis. Granted I do not trust Putin's motives and he may still move on other areas. However, until he gets to invading Poland I just don't think there is as much to this crisis as some think.

Close to a WW3 over the Ukraine? Not a chance.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Mamatus
Obama did not mean to say (or for you to hear) that there was a loose nuke problem and that he was worried about a loose nuke more than Russia. But that he was more worried about something that is clearly not a current threat than he does about Russia's threat level.

Okay that sounded messy so let me make it simpler for you guys by saying what he really said and doing so using something else.

---I am more worried about the sun not rising tomorrow than I am worried about Russia being a threat.---

He did not say "There is a loose nuke and intelligence that Manhattan has been targeted and this causes me much more concern that Russia at the moment".

Logic people, logic........
edit on 25-3-2014 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2014 by Mamatus because: Gwammer and speeeeling

Ya, that's the way I read it. I don't think he means there is a loose nuke out there ready to be detonated in Manhattan. He was implying he's more worried about anything happening here at home than what Russia might do.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Quetzalcoatl14

Danbones

Obama: "I'm Concerned About a Loose Nuke Being Detonated in Manhattan"
Speaking at a brief news conference in the Hague, President Obama said he's more worried about a loose nuke being detonated in Manhattan than he is about Russia:

www.weeklystandard.com...

Are we being prepped for a false flag, and is Obama is telegraphing to Putin that he would happily start world war three just to spite Russia...because the US has been caught supporting alciaduh in syria and nazis in Ukraine, and is against the democratic process as expressed in Crimea?
or is the president really afraid Russia would start a MAD event?

what do you think ATS?

edit on Tueam3b20143America/Chicago26 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Tueam3b20143America/Chicago32 by Danbones because: spedding

I sure hope not. I live Manhattan!

QUIK to the escapegoats!
now would be a good time to invest in a tinfoil hat, some bottled water...and some Iodine, and some board games in case the power goes off...and some spam too...you'll want a few cans in case the internet goes out and the email goes down.
just being a jerk..*sigh*...sorry

heads up and stay safe Quetz

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Obama wasn't using a teleprompter.

No telling what idiotic things would come spewing from his pie-hole.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Absolutely.... People are clearly taking what he said out of context and also misrepresenting what he said.
The point is he's more worried about domestic, home-grown threats than he is about Russia.

And I would say that is absolutely spot on.

But no...he's now apparently preparing everyone for the Nuke that he will personally launch at New York.

*sigh*

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
there are a lot of coincidences, and they say there is no such thing inpolitics

Why Sen. Lindsey Graham Thinks the U.S. Will Be Nuked
September 8th, 2013

South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham intimated the United States could suffer a nuclear attack if it did not contain Syria’s chemical weapons programs.

“I believe that if we get Syria wrong, within six months, and you can quote me on this, there will be a war between Iran and Israel over their nuclear program,” Graham told a crowd in South Carolina. “My fear is that it won’t come to America on top of a missile, it’ll come in the belly of a ship in the Charleston or New York harbor.”

Graham said that if the United States did not stop Syria, an ally of Iran, the latter country would succeed in developing a nuclear weapon, technology it would then share with allies. A more radicalized Middle East would force Israel to step up its preparations for war, leading to an inevitable escalation that could result in a nuclear attack

www.mediaite.com...

Syria Gas Attack: Assad Wrongfully Blamed

“Turkish prosecutors indict Syrian rebels for seeking chemical weapons,” saying:

“The prosecutor in the Turkish city of Adana has issued a 132-page indictment, alleging that six men of the al-Qaeda-linked al-Nusra Front and Ahrar ash-Sham tried to seek out chemicals with the intent to produce the nerve agent, sarin gas, a number of Turkish publications reported.”

“The main suspect in the case, 35-year-old Syrian-national Hytham Qassap has been charged with ‘being a member of a terrorist organization’ and ‘attempting to acquire weapons for a terrorist organization.’ ”

“The other 5, all Turkish nationals are being charged with ‘attempting to acquire weapons for a terrorist organization.’ ”

“The indictment alleges that Qassap tried to setup a network in Turkey in order to obtain chemical materials for the al-Nusra Front and Ahrar al-Sham Brigades.”

“Citing telephone calls made by the cell, the prosecution believes that the group ordered at least ten tons of chemicals, Al-Alam News Network reports.”

A previous article cited Mint Press News headlining”Exclusive: Syrians in Ghouta Claim Saudi-Supplied Rebels Behind Chemical Attack,” saying:

“Rebels and local residents in Ghouta accuse Saudi Prince Bandar bin Sultan of providing chemical weapons to an al-Qaida linked rebel group.”

Insurgents had “tube-like” weapons. Others were in a “huge gas bottle.”

Another previous article said the following:

Pentagon contractors provided chemical weapons training. Syrian forces seized a warehouse. It contained barrels marked “Made in KSA (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia).” Protective masks were found. So were drugs used when inhaling chemicals.

www.globalresearch.ca...

Senator McCain met with terrorists in Libya and Syria, has called for his country to provide weapons to terrorist groups in Libya and Syria and should therefore be prosecuted for the assistance he provided them with. There is ample evidence that the armed groups supported by John McCain have committed horrible terrorist acts, which resulted in deaths.
www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

blupblup
reply to post by Mamatus

But no...he's now apparently preparing everyone for the Nuke that he will personally launch at New York.
*sigh*

Yup, the effort that the O-haters will go to in order to try to make him look bad is astounding. Granted I am not an Obama fan, at all. However I do firmly believe (as I thought most here used to believe) that the President is just the puppet at the front of the table.

I am of the opinion that the economy was so bad after the Bush's that the Republicans intentionally threw the last two elections in order to protect heir party long term. Palin? Really?

They will come out of the woodwork and put forth some real candidates once the economy is better..... IF it gets better.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join