It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Preparing to Invade Eastern Ukraine?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Last 1 month the things were developing unbelievable fast.
Troops movement, military drills, deployments, meetings, talks, agreements, elections, rallies, sanctions, warnings and so on.

Now there are multiple news sources suggesting Russia may be preparing to move to Eastern and Southern Ukraine.

White House: Russia may Invade...

Irish Times quoting White House

Fox! Russia will Invade

Telegraph - Blog - Will Putin Give Orders to Invade

Kiev Warns Putin Wants all of Ukraine

edit on 25-3-2014 by demus because: summoning thought storm

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

Na, their just having larger than normal scale exercises near the border. That's all this is, snif.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I think all of those reports are overblown fear mongering
As far as i can tell, everything is fully legal. Russia is allowed to have troops on the border. I've seen the stats just not the location of those stats, i'm sure someone will come along and bring that info as well

The war drums are beating but they're falling on mostly deaf ears, i hope? What are peoples experience with "sheeple" these days.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
i 100% believe russia isnt done guys...hes met 0 resistance....0....and much more of ukraine is pro russia....you dont amass that many troops for #s and giggle. More is to come.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

I sincerely hope you are right.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
just listening to a ukrainian on the ground
interview on the Power hour with Joyce O'Riley ( captn, USA, ret )
he says russia invading is the least of their worries
nazi style democracy is their worst fear

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This is just the TPTB moving chess pieces in order to get the masses behind another war president. My guess would be Jeb Bush. For the next two years the war drums will beat harder and harder and Russia will be villainized by western media to the point the masses will be begging for another Bush. Believe it or not the masses actually felt safer with a Bush at the helm.

All it will take is Putin's strings to be pull for him to continue his campaign in Hitlers general footsteps. That will give the TPTB all the ammo they will need to whip the masses into believing we have to get strong again. Meanwhile Obama will continue to make us look weaker and weaker.

Here is just one example of things to come.

www.presstv.ir...

It's a good plan for the Bush Dynasty.

edit on 25-3-2014 by Skorpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
if they still needs two years to prepare the people for the war then we might just avoid it somehow, at least temporarily.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I would like the minute details regarding the deployments and positioning along the border. In my opinion Russia will not attempt to invade Ukraine. I just don't see it happening, for many reasons. I think the aggressive positioning of troops has to do entirely with intimidation. First Russia did this in the event that Ukraine's military attempted to strike in Crimea. Putin could have been looking for justification for an invasion, but I don't think so. I think he merely was, at first, prepared to invade Ukraine in the event the Ukranian military attempted to drive Russian troops from Crimea. It is an important area for Russia's forces, strategically speaking.

And I think they are still on the border, just posturing, but probably would never be used, of course depending on how Ukraine plays things. There is no way Ukraine can stand up to Russia, considering their military forces. Ukraine has a decent military, not very large, not all that powerful, and 10/10 times Ukraine will lose. So despite the hatred some Ukranians probably feel for Russians, including those in the Ukranian leadership, I don't think they would do anything stupid, which would justify a Russian invasion of the entire country.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

I think you might be wrong but I hope you are right.

lots of current news and developments suggests that Russia is just waiting for an incident to send the troops.

lots of propaganda on every side but there is a very scary pattern.
edit on 27-3-2014 by demus because: misscalculating distances

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Fear monger BS from American media.

Russia didn't INVADE Crimea, when Kiev fell Russia alerted its army bases to go into a defensive mode.
Crimea then voted to become Russia.

end of story.

All this BS Crap about Ukraine being next on the list, Poland preparing etc etc is ignorant fear mongering and people who continually dribble this nonsense should be banned from continually posting the same propaganda over and over.

new topics

top topics

join