It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belgium Newspaper Depicts BARACK AND MICHELLE OBAMA as Apes Ahead Of President`s Visit

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

I agree
..I wish I had real monkey chops like the photo in the op.
Primates ftw!

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

All I know is my own grandfather explained to me that one of the lowest things he used to hear was either being called a monkey or an ape among other things by white sailors while he was a cook on a Navy ship when he served in the Navy in WWII, back in the early to mid 1900's it was pervasive as whites using the N word to a black person's face with impunity as they regularly did, so it may not offend you my friend, but it's just like anything else if you are not the intended receiver of the insult, you just will never get it, this type of humor has nothing to do with having thin or thick skin, the picture is not satire, and it has no real message, it is a veiled and tasteless attempt to dehumanize and continue to perpetuate a negative stereotype.

This Belgium artist, cartoonist or newspaper knew exactly what they were doing, throwing a low blow.

I also think a lot of people do not fully understand what being a racist is or what racism really is.

I actually had to refresh my own understanding of what that is, I will also share it.

Excerpt from Wikipedia.
Link to Racism

Merriam-Webster's Dictionary defines it as a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority or inferiority of a particular racial group, and alternatively that it is also the prejudice based on such a belief.[24] The Macquarie Dictionary defines racism as: "the belief that human races have distinctive characteristics which determine their respective cultures, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule or dominate others."

Early examples and history of the Monkey caricature

edit on 28-3-2014 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Ploutonas
guys

belgium is a cover up... Air force one is in my country...

edit on 27-3-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

you are aware of the fact that there are two of them,right?

<< 4  5  6   >>

join