It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do I really have the lamest super power ever!?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I checked out that Washlet.

I was slightly disappointed. All that fanciness... you still have to pull your own pants down.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Baby steps,

Maybe by the time man walks on mars.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
My only super power is stepping on the only lego piece in the entire house during a midnight trip to the restroom, in the dark.

I do have a gypsy curse. Every lane I stand in (at the grocery) will always go slower than any other lane.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Hey Beezzer, this thread isn't about your super power
But since you went there(okay you weren't the first, just wanted to pick on ya a bit)

My super power....if I stare at a red light long enough, it turns green

edit on 25-3-2014 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: To offend correctly as I misspelled Beezzer...is fixed, may I be forgiven?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BoovDawg

Most people don't have little noses on the end of their fingers, seek medical advice and don't pick your nose with your noses.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Xcouncil=wisdom
But since you went there(okay you weren't the first, just wanted to pick on ya a bit)

edit on 25-3-2014 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: To offend correctly as I misspelled Beezzer...is fixed, may I be forgiven?

The question had been answered, just wanted to share.

LOLZ

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Xcouncil=wisdom

omd u actually had me scoping out my stand by light for a minute......

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Artanis667

Am working on it

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Interesting circumstances you have found yourself in BoovDawg. People have gone the toilet humor route which is hilarious by the by, butcherguy's comment had me in stitches as well as a few others. The way I see it, must be hell chopping onions.

I also have a lame superpower: I have the inherent ability to repulse anyone that comes in contact with me through force of will alone! (Actually I'm just an idiot) it can come in handy at times though.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I thought you knew the answer and were just being silly. If you are curious
you probably have:

"Synesthesia is a condition in which one sense (for example, hearing) is simultaneously perceived as if by one or more additional senses such as sight. Another form of synesthesia joins objects such as letters, shapes, numbers or people's names with a sensory perception such as smell, color or flavor. The word synesthesia comes from two Greek words, syn (together) and aisthesis (perception). Therefore, synesthesia literally means "joined perception." -faculty.washington.edu...

It's rare but it is out there.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

beezzer
My only super power is stepping on the only lego piece in the entire house during a midnight trip to the restroom, in the dark.

I do have a gypsy curse. Every lane I stand in (at the grocery) will always go slower than any other lane.

I have one very similar to this except that I usually find a bit more than one. I almost think my son puts them out just to test my powers.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

BoovDawg

SilentE reply to post by BoovDawg

Sounds pretty cool. All you need now is a cape and your underpants over your trousers and you're set!
I'm sure i've read somewhere about what you experience happening to others. The only thing weird that happens to me would be when I hear a certain sound I immediately see a neon blue colour in my mind. I called it the blue noise. Used to hear it a lot in my raving days in hard trance music.

Chromesthesia

Thanks for that bit of info.

I didn't even realise there was a word for it. I just thought I was odd, lol. Now I can prove to my mates that I'm not nuts after all!

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Are you sure you're not imagining it? I can manifest the smell of chocolate cake anytime I want.

I think to best test this, do it blind folded with someone handing you objects.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but you probably have synesthesia.

Here's the linky:

Synesthesia -- Wikipedia

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Yes. Many, most can. Think of it like a topical analgesic, where it numbs the area it is placed on but you can still smell it & even taste it even if you have a head cold, don't need to see, or feel......

edit on th312014Sat, 29 Mar 2014 20:00:47 -05000314th31pmSat, 29 Mar 2014 20:00:47 -0500 by StormyStars because: I lost some words?

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

S&F considered further thoughts on this topic & found it can be potentially very useful with everyone else stating their," Lame Superpowers." Most being in jest but hopefully you will receive some more replies not in jest...

I can smelll things by touching them :-/ Can enyone else here do that???

You may feel it is lame despite those remarks in jest lol! At least it's harmless and can be useful as a chef, parfummer, et.
It is a condition I can't quite recall the name of similar to other senses that 1 or 2 may be lower than normal.

I have Sicca Shardra with causes Lacrimalia in which if I cry too hard or too long, ONLY my tears become bloody, no broken vessels or anything, soon as I stop & wipe them away, you'd never know it had been that way, though I've managed to avoid it most of my life since I was 8. There is so much going on at this time that I have not had the full impact of losing my parents & most of my past life regarding them yet. It IS coming though and I hope no one is around when I do break. But although somewhat related, it is not my lame super power.

Ok, here goes; My lame superpower is: The stronger my emotions are, lights blow up, doors slam, a few occasions windows shattered, televisions, radios, electric alarms, etc, either go all klafooy or blow as well, 96% of the time can be repaired but not always. It doesn't matter what the strong emotion is, Anger, Sadness, Happiness, etc. It does however, depend on how strong that strong emotion is regardless of type, but is also when I get the strongest visions, or if you prefer, Clairvoyance. It has occurred my entire life which terrified ANYONE around me, pfft! Priests wanting to do exorcisms etc, till I broke away from mainstream religions, going back to a more Paganistic/Old Goddesses & Gods, knowing they still exist.

But since I was 8, I have also trained myself to douse those strong emotion, even though some people who don't know my pst, believe me devoid of any emotion. I'm not though. AND I have had a few occasions I couldn't douse or even tampen them down so these day I try harder, wait, & if still going to happen, do my best to be alone or only around those who already know AND are accepting though I still notice a hint of fear in them in their eyes which helps me regain control.
You can believe me or not. I don't care & will not bother attempting to prove it. I don't need or want to.
But THAT is not ONLY lame, it is quite useless as well as costly lol!

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
This is creepy. I think I may have the same lame power, I too can smell things held at arms length. Doesn't work on all objects it seems. For example the power works flawlessly on a cup of coffee, onions, bags of garbage, car air-fresheners and other objects. Some objects on the other hand, Sunglasses, pottery, hats, and various electronics, seem to be immune the power. I believe these items might have properties that act as a sort of "kyptonite" for lack of a better term. More precise testing would need to be done to be sure.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: StormyStars

Yes apperantly a few people can do this with the lights, phones and electrical stuff with their emotions, there was a thread on it a few weeks ago was it you?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Daxxal

cool! Yes! Someone who shares my lame ass power awsome!!

Friend me on ea haha

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join