It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost hunters to investigate: Gilford store raw surveillance video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

CallmeRaskolnikov

charlyv
The bowl looks very light. It is sitting slightly tilted on an unstable surface, probably a folded newspaper, perhaps on top of a pen or pencil. You can see it shift to the right and slide down, then starts to wobble as it moves across the glass top. I think that it was unstable to begin with, and some minor vibration caused it to pivot onto the glass, where it wobbled off to the edge and over. The flash of light could have been the reflection of a large vehicle going by in the street, which could be the source of the vibration that started it all.

It's a more likely scenario than paranormal.

"the bowl is light"

"the bowl is on an unstable surface"

"it's probably on a folder newspaper"

"that probably folder newspaper is probably on a pencil or pen"???

a large vehicle could have passed by causing a vibration leading to the thing falling... ( a vibration which would have to be so powerful as to vibrate through the street, the sidewalk, the building and the counter...c'mon with that vibration stuff)

SOOOO many assumptions there. paranormal things happen everyday. though it's not everyday that they are captured on film. it's alright if you dont believe in ghosts. but, to me all of those things are far more of a stretch.

These assumptions exist in the realm of reality, things we know about. Before you jump into things you have no basis of experience in, they are the bellwether that needs to be dis-proven. I did not say that I did not believe that a paranormal explanation could be possible, but it is the stretch here.

If you follow modal frequency theory, you know that the shapes of certain objects are very resonant to certain frequencies, and very weak ones at that. This is why glasses, vases and bowls crash to the floor every day from seemingly "stable" platforms.

BTW: For an opposite scenario where indeed paranormal may beat out a real world explanation, I offer a post I made to another thread in this site that I believe justifies thinking a bit out of the box may have some justification....

Here
edit on 29-3-2014 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Interesting. As i've seen things move, fall, go flying, close, open... yeah, i'm a believer.

This stuff happens. Paranormal? I guess I'd say so. But i wouldn't know where to find the proof to show the skeptics.

It happens, there's no doubt about it. And i didn't pull any invisible strings or anything like that.... because i've never filmed the few things i've seen. As they've been out of the blue.

That's what always gets me.. when someone "happens" to have their camera on at the right time. Security cameras, that's different.

Interesting post, I Love this kinda thing... thanks!

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Awesome story. I imagine New England is crawling with spirits - I'd like to visit there one day. I have family in the Boston area; I should ask if they've been to Gilford...

Recently a man told me about having visited a 'haunted' place in a town nearby - it was said that there was a ghost of a girl who 'makes grown men cry'. The man said he was in the group exploring, they were even allowed to use the 'ghost hunter's' equipment that the place had and wander around. Someone came up to him and asked him why he was crying.

He hadn't even been aware of it - but tears were streaming down his cheeks. The host said 'she must have touched you.'

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

benrl

BuzzyWigs
reply to post by Aleister

The store owner says the building is very, very old, and they've had weirdness in other ways...
I'd think a string would be visible when the clerk comes back in to see what happened...

Also, the window was closed. Owner naturally says it was totally genuine, not staged or a clever stunt.

I could think of a few ways to fake it, compressed air off screen for one, It would take little effort to do.

So the question is, does the owner of the building have reason to want free advertising and media coverage...

Hmmmm.

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Who the hell would seriously think that staging ghost activity would attract more consumers to their shop? That's like staging a murder to get more people interested in your hotel. Why would anyone except freaks and creeps be attracted to a place allegedly haunted by ghosts? This is real camera footage, the light gets brighter as the glass dish slides, and the frames all match. So it's real - the question is, is it supernatural or natural phenomenon? Not some form of niche marketing campaign for a tiny old grocery store.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

i'm sorry i didn't know i was jumping into something i had no experience in. oh, that's right, you have no idea what my experiences are so it's funny that you're talking about jumping into something without knowing about it first. lol

we're here to talk about the event. why do so many members jump to a personal attack after their argument is attacked? there's a differentiation to make there.

merely stating that i would believe more readily that this is legitimate than jumping to a conclusion which was drawn based on not one but several assumption on the conditions relating to the objects, the inside of the store and the outside of the store.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SgtKeroro

It does look like a glass cake stand. And they are heavy.

I've seen a drinking glass that had moisture under it slide across a bar table. But no way with this thing.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Interesting - if you play the video in full screen and watch the glass bowl from when it starts moving - frame by frame - it slides across the bench and doesn't just drop over the edge flatly by its own weight - it lifts from the bench and tilts upwards on the right hand side and off the bench before dropping to the floor.
There's a frame that captures the bowl partially above the bench and tilted in the air.

Try and watch it in the biggest screen size possible so the play button doesn't get in the way of the view of the bowl, and you can see it clearer.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by planchette

Good call! Yes, I watched it full screen multiple times, but didn't notice that!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join