It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Tweet of "Philippians 4:13" by Gov Walker a 'Threat'?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
which seems more threatening or offensive to your sensibilities?

"i can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
or
"do what you want shall be the whole of the law"

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

beezzer

FlyersFan

beezzer
Yes, Twitter is free. And why can't he quote bible verses?

If it's an official (FREE) twitter site .... no problem. If he's doing his own tweeting .. no problem. If volunteers are doing the tweeting .. no problem. But if someone is being paid with gov't money to be posting religious verses ... it could be a problem. It's using gov't money to express religious beliefs. Some could argue it's using tax payer money to further a religion. That's not an 'establishment of official religion' ... so it's not unconstitutional. But it's a grey area, IMHO.

I wouldn't want my tax money to pay for people to be posting Jack Chickisms.
I wouldn't want my tax money to pay for people to be posting their opinion that there is no God.
I wouldn't want my tax money to pay for people to be posting their Qu'ran quotes.

See what I'm getting at? Tax money used to promote religious things I disagree with ... irksome.
So I can understand others not wanting tax money used to promote religious things they disagree with.

As long as the twitter account is free (it is) and Walker is doing the posting himself (??)... no problem.
And no, the quote isn't a 'threat'. That's absurd. It's just inspirational.

It's only an issue when conservatives do it.

That's because conservatives seem to love to play the victim so often.

I am not a fan of this mentality, it is backwards psychology that doesn't really translate into mainstream votes. Sarah Palin was not a victim, she was an idiot, like actually an idiot. Walker has some pretty un Christian policies that seem to conflict his religiosity, being that I have faith, I am personally offended by his use of a holy book to lull idiots into his corner. What a mans deeds, not his lips.

Plus, isn't Walker in Vegas kissing the ring of the new GOP owner??? Did he win the competition? Is he the next GOP contender?

I bet you guys can't wait until Fox tells you.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If you are saying that people must be in a religion because they have freedom "of" religion and not freedom "from" religion

No, that's obviously not what I'm saying.

Freedom OF religion says that you can practice whatever faith (or absence of faith) you want.

Freedom FROM religion says that atheism trumps all religion, and the ultimate liberty is to not be exposed to any religion.

The former is inclusive, and everyone, including atheists, can find a position.

The latter is exclusive, and everyone, apart from atheists, is told that their position is an imposition on everyone else.

Only an extremist would say that the latter is a more reasonable position. The "Freedom from Religion" folks are bigoted idiots who don't understand Constitutional Law.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well, im all for seperation of church and state, however i dont see how this violates any laws of seperation of church and state. for all those who dont like what he tweeted you better not go see what alot of our early presidents have said over the years since our great country was founded. because what the Gov posted in his tweet is nothing compared to some of the stuff i have read from early presidents.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
well, quoting some scripture got this guy arrested... link to huffpost story

i guess some people are threatened by things which others are not.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I wouldn't want my tax money to pay for people to be posting Jack Chickisms.
I wouldn't want my tax money to pay for people to be posting their opinion that there is no God.
I wouldn't want my tax money to pay for people to be posting their Qu'ran quotes.

See what I'm getting at? Tax money used to promote religious things I disagree with ... irksome.
So I can understand others not wanting tax money used to promote religious things they disagree with. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...
reply to post by FlyersFan

I don't want my taxes paying for illegal wars throughout the world, but hey ho.
I don't want my taxes subsidising the very banks that f*cked everything up and then put the onus on us to fix it.
I don't want my taxes going to support a space programme in India while people in my country are homeless and starving.
I don't want my taxes going to support and promote an unelected fascist delegation of EU directors that determine the fate of any country unfortunate enough to join them without the personal democratic consent of the people supposedly represented by them.

I see no separation of church and state here if the state willingly sacrifices its peoples on the altar of mammon for the sake of personal gain. The world worships money. The state/governemnt/authority/SYSTEM worships and sacrifices to MONEY. EVERYTHING is laid out on the altar to the god of MONEY, you, me, countries, nations.....whatever the price may be.
Your taxes pay for the chords that bind you to the altar.
It's maybe just a bit more subtle, but the facts are the same.
So rethink your strategy, or rethink your taxes.....

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join