It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the universe, whats out there, you tell me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
do you know whats out there, whats comeing and when, you tell me tour theroys and ideas.

some one told me that in 2012 the planet will be swolowed by a whitehole?
the moon wot is it made of and wot should be done with it

someone told me aboult socalled planet that is on an identical orbit as earth bu on the other side of the sun so we can never see it with telescopes, is this true?

topic 1 wormholes
topic 2 blackholes
topic 3 whiteholes
topic 4 planets
topic 5 other

[edit on 27-11-2004 by mew the destroyer]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mew the destroyer
do you know whats out there, whats coming and when, you tell me your theroys and ideas.

why not start us off with your own ideas

and...we don't know whats out there (100% hasn't been presented yet)

and on whats coming and when... see above

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
lol good point give us ure ideas daniel like wormholes string theory things like that

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I have a theory there may be parralelle earths somewhere in the universe, after all earth is a pretty good prototype is it not? I wonder if there are other humans elsewhere, exactly like us, who also think there "it"?

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mew the destroyer
some one told me that in 2012 the planet will be swolowed by a whitehole?

what's a white hole.....time to be ignorant

I'm guessing here:
is it the opposite of a black hole, so instead of sucking in all matter it repels it??????

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
i would'nt like to die near a black hole because if u belive in life after death wtf would it do to the other side

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
A white hole!?!?! their existiance hasne even bene confirmed and then to say that thats what will happen in 2012 is absurd. the whole 2012 thing is the ancient inca calander. it droped off at teh year 2012 and many people think that its the end of life on earht and the apocyplace , that the Incas figured it out. A white hole is the theoretical object at the moment. It is branched off the concept that going through teh center of a black hole will put you in a wormhole and teh exit point is called a White hole. The discovery of Black holes was first theorized like 200 years ago when some astronomer ( forget his name) said " I believe it is possible for a star to becoem so massive that no light can excape it" Then enstiene did his speacail relativity sand generaly relativity stuff and proved the existance of the black hole. The white hole concept is farily recent ( past 25 years) so the idea that a white hole swallowing earth in 2012 predicted byt the ancient Incas like 400000years ago is completely nonsense. unless you are an alien consparist and the aliens came to the incas and told them. but i dont believe in UFOS or aliens.

hope that answers some of the questions

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by klain
i would'nt like to die near a black hole because if u belive in life after death wtf would it do to the other side

i think i heard somewhere that black holes move, absorbing and then desorbing their contents....sadly i can't remember where i heard it

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
actually it was an astrominer that predicted that this will hapen im not sure if its a white hole or black but its in this site some where 2012 allows for different positioning of planets research it i may b wrong

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Black holes/white holes they are out there in the universe, just use search on the internet. Im sure you will find what you are after or not.

As for what is out in the uni, God-Lucifer, aliens, planets, other civillications, and a whole load more.

But the question should be EARTH whats really in here?

Laterz!

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The real question is, what isn't out there?

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
instar
I have a theory there may be parralelle earths somewhere in the universe, after all earth is a pretty good prototype is it not? I wonder if there are other humans elsewhere, exactly like us, who also think there "it"?

Don�t know about the �good prototype� thing. There�s not much else we know of to compare us with yet. But, we�re still looking �

As far as parallel earths are concerned, if you believe the multiverse interpretation of quantum theory, then there are uncountable parallel earths.

You can go here to read a decent article about it:
www.newscientist.com...

According to the multiverse interpretation, there are not only countless parallel earths, but countless parallel universes to contain them.

Briefly, on the original topics of the thread:

- topic 1 wormholes �
they�re known to exist on the atomic level, and we have even determined how to possibly open a gateway/entrance through one large enough for a human to pass through. The biggest obstacle so far is to generate enough "negative energy� to keep the gateway/entrance open long enough for someone to pass through it and then come back. But, it�s only a matter of time before it�s done.

- topic 2 blackholes �
they�re born; they eat, sleep, belch, move around a little, then die, like everything else.

- topic 3 whiteholes �
a white hole is a black hole running backwards in time. Black holes swallow things, and white holes spit them out. They were thought to be the exit points of black holes. I think, however, that white holes are no longer given much serious consideration amongst physicists since they violate the second law of thermodynamics.

- topic 4 planets �
space junk made of that rare substance known as ordinary matter/atoms. Ordinary matter/atoms contribute about 4% to the makeup of the universe, the remainder being around 23% dark matter and 73% dark energy, which we know little about and don�t understand at all.

- topic 5 other �
too much to cover.

IMHO, we haven�t a clue what�s going on. Humans will never be able to objectively understand reality, although it�s fun trying. Somehow it�s hard to accept the notion that perhaps we're all nothing more than ambulating bags of ions. We want to be so much more. In the meantime, and until such time as we are no more, we�ll continue on our skewed journey through lalaland, all the way simply making up whatever it is that we are, as well as inventing everything else that's out there.

Just a thought ...

[edit on 11/25/2004 by netbound]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizar
A white hole!?!?! their existiance hasne even bene confirmed and then to say that thats what will happen in 2012 is absurd. the whole 2012 thing is the ancient inca calander. it droped off at teh year 2012 and many people think that its the end of life on earht and the apocyplace , that the Incas figured it out. A white hole is the theoretical object at the moment. It is branched off the concept that going through teh center of a black hole will put you in a wormhole and teh exit point is called a White hole. The discovery of Black holes was first theorized like 200 years ago when some astronomer ( forget his name) said " I believe it is possible for a star to becoem so massive that no light can excape it" Then enstiene did his speacail relativity sand generaly relativity stuff and proved the existance of the black hole. The white hole concept is farily recent ( past 25 years) so the idea that a white hole swallowing earth in 2012 predicted byt the ancient Incas like 400000years ago is completely nonsense. unless you are an alien consparist and the aliens came to the incas and told them. but i dont believe in UFOS or aliens.

hope that answers some of the questions

First of all, please try fixing up your grammar a bit. It was a Mayan not Incan calendar. Also it wasn't predicted 400000 years ago, it was more like 2000-4000 years ago. Such a massive universe, only for us to live in sounds absurd.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well planets and Blackholes or confirmed to exist out there. Just about every Galaxy has a super massive blackhole at its heart. We are also finding new planets at about a rate of 1 a month.

whiteholes are just a theory that has of yet not been confirmed. Plus like someone eles said they dont suck stuff up they spit stuff out. So no threat of earth getting sucked into a white hole.

Blackholes are much scary IMO as you would never see it comming until it started to feed. Whiteholes you would see from light years away.

Other how about neutron stars which are massive stars that collapsed down to the size of a city but never became a blackhole. Their gravity is so strong if you dropped something like a marshmellow on one it would have the kinetic energy of a atomic bomb. Just imagine if a asteroid hit one

[edit on 25-11-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
im sorry i got dates messed up and cultures. i have spelling diffculties i always have and my grammar isnt that great either i am sorry for it. nor am i a great typist i spend most of my time working away for computers so im not typing al day. im a wiz in math and science but im terrible at grammar. im sorry if my alien comment was "rude" or " offensive" i was simply stating a scenario for all the people on this site.

and as for

Such a massive universe, only for us to live in sounds absurd.

im entilted to believe what ever i whish

[edit on 25-11-2004 by Mizar]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
we don't know whats out there (100% hasn't been presented yet)

On that note, I have allways liked the saying, something like 'All of our understanding is just an interesting pebble on an entire beach' or something like that.

Also, the visible spectrum of light, everything man can see with its own eyes, is the tiniest infenitestimal fraction of the entire spectrum of electromagnetic radiation. Man can only naturally experience a tiny portion of existence.

Also, the universe, as far as it is understood now, is composed of several major classes of 'stuff'. There is regular matter. There is anti-matter. Then there is regular engery. But there is far far more Invisible barely detectable Dark Matter than all three of those. And there is far more Dark Engery than dark matter, and man barely understands that. SO man exists in a world and is made up of stuff and can normally interact with stuff that is a small fraction of the universe, and can only do so over a very very small area of the universe (exluding telescopes, and even then its only what can be see, not mixed around in one's hands). Very very humbling.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Mizar, no need to be so apologetic. Sure, your grammar could be cleaned up a little, but your ideas are basically sound (I think ). You gave it a shot just like the rest of us, and I, for one, appreciate your contribution, for whatever that's worth to you.

As far as your opinion goes, it indeed belongs to you; you own the title. Don't think that because it may differ from the opinion of others that it's any less valid.

Frankly, the world of cosmology is in a bit of confusion and upheaval these days. It seems daily that long established beliefs and assumptions are being shattered by discoveries that simply don't fit the picture. It could very well be that once the underlying foundations of m-theory (branes/strings) is provable experimentally, all our past notions and beliefs about reality and the structure of the universe will be tossed aside anyway. This is an ongoing process that has taken place forever, and if history repeats itself, it's likely we'll continue to re-invent our reality every few hundred years for a long time to come.

The bottom line is, we really don't know the truth, and may never be able to know it ...

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizar

im entilted to believe what ever i whish

I never said to beleive in my statement did I? I was giving my comment.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
By "Good prototype" i meant, it works, its a perfect biosphere, it supports life. its just the right distance from the sun, it has water. Its a masterpeice!Compared to the other planetry bodies in our solor system anyway. They dont even have to be "parralelle" earths, just other earths! who says (apart from Darwin) that its a fluke. I say its a darn good design.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
i beleive that there well may be other humans out there or some sort of beings(life) who's saying that there aint dinasaurs or prehistoric life on new planets just like how we started!!!

top topics

join