It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to. . .Uganda we go??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
am i mistaken?
but was this deployment a presidential decree?
and if so, what next
ohio?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

EA006
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

What's the point in sending more troops to find someone who's dead?

One suspects that while 'searching' for him they might run into some of Uganda's gold, and other massive mineral wealth. Or oil. Before the Chinese get there.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

It wouldn't surprise me ..Something like the Muslims when they don't have anyone else to kill they start killing each other .

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

indeed it appears the golden apples of discord an happen to anyone
like the emporer's new clothes

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I am of the mindset that goals have converged here: 1) Africa, and Uganda specifically, has vast resources in the mineral department, which is good for US tech companies (or whomever wins the spoils) including the military industrial complex, 2) having a "moral justification" by going after a super-villian is good for garnering international support, or at least you will not be set-upon by the International Community - we get to be perceived as the "good guy", 3) we are in competition for the resources of Africa with other nations, especially China, who are doing a lot (I believe you have done awesome research in this department, Wrabbit) of courtship and providing economic support for African countries in their efforts to gain access to mineral rights.

Is it all tied together? Yes. Absolutely, in my opinion. Ask why we are at war in Uganda? National Interests are at stake, not just "getting the bad guy." Is it worth it to do this? Well, that depends. I don't like the idea of American soldiers being killed in Uganda (or wherever they are) because the strategies for obtaining powerful resources dictate that American boots on the ground and dollars in rebuilding / "stabilizing" = Americans winning in a larger economic struggle for technological supremacy (many minerals are used in technology - some of them "rare earth" minerals that are found in Africa). Also what happens if we need to build our weapons and we don't have access to the mineral rights to allow the technology to be developed? I dunno - just thinking out loud here... I'm interested in your thoughts on this, though, Wrabbit!

peace,
AB
edit on 25-3-2014 by AboveBoard because: grammer

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join