It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighting 1976

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I understand the scepticism here, what I do not understand is saying I am a liar. If I was lying I sure could have made is a much bigger lie. I would not have said it was in 1976, I would have said it happened yesterday and that I had coffee with them. I don't lie, there is no point in lying. As to why I did report it the, it was 1976, I was 17, who was I going to tell. My life was run by my family.. that says a lot if you knew my family.

I understand not wanting to believe things you may not have experience yourselves. But I am not here to prove anything. I was only sharing and experience. I did not ask anyone to believe me. What I did ask however was feedback. I would like any plausible explanation for what I saw because I do not know what it was.

If you can do nothing but berate me, it does not help me in this matter. IF you are as smart as you all claim to be them give me viable reasons for what it was I saw. Its real easy to knock down someone that is trying to figure it out. Especially when you are not in their face, so grow up and try to have a conversation, not just attack someone. You were not there, you did not experience it.

You know people see these things all over the world, and if you all act like this then is it any wonder no one says anything. I do not have an exact date, what did you have with your breakfast 20 years ago today?? This is stupid, you all sound stupid. Like humans that have nothing to do but attack people, you show your maturity by how you act, and to me you are lacking. I did not ask for your opinion of me, I want to know what else I could have seen. What else could it have been.

You can call me a liar if you want, but I am not. Further more I can call you many names.. but I won't. What you are is showing clearly to me, and anyone that reads this post with an open mind, can see what you are. You are not here to help, you are here to make yourself feel superior at any chance you get. I feel sorry for you ....

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaimless

When people don't believe you and challenge your stories you call them stupid, that's the way to get people to believe you.

Let's see here, you have seen 3-4 sightings one of them was as large as a football field and the only witness is dead then you claim to have been on a couple of spaceships and we are stupid because we have a hard time believing your word as truth?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Don't let it get you girl. You are braving up to it really well, imo. I'm not sure I could. Your story is 40 years old? A lot of the people here that are picking your bones aren't even that old. May their memories be so good at our age.

Thanks for sharing that experience. Reason I clicked on it is that is about the same time I witnessed something. Like you its been a long time and I can't remember exactly when it happened either. One thing that I say about that is that back then, people were even more in denial about this and other phenomenon and you were hopelessly crazy if you kept retelling it with friends, family or peers at work.

So it gets kind of buried in our minds and only now do we feel the "openness" to relate for others to ponder. This is difficult to pry loose from our memory boards being its been 4 decades. Good for you.

Like I said, I clicked on yours because I had one around the same time and I was wondering, was this on the west coast of US?

Thanks…
edit on 25-3-2014 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
For what it's worth, I had a sighting some time back. I know it was on July 4th, I know it was on the pier of my friends beach house, but it't been long enough, I am not sure of the year. (2007-2008) So while I am not saying anyone is lying or telling the truth, it is possible for a persons brain to become a bit mushy over time.

Could have been the whisky, might have been the gin,.....

edit on 25-3-2014 by network dude because: fixed vid

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

You have just proven my point, and I knew it would get your attention. Proof, name calling gets you no where... thus, just because you call me a liar is the same. Stupidity is a lack of intelligence... and when you call a person a liar and they are not lying, then what is that? Calling people names gets no one no where. But you refuse so much about yourself, and feel the need to knock down many others on ATS.. why is that??? What is your hidden agenda?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Yes, it was Washougal Washington, and thank you for your kind word. Sometimes I think the people on ATS have gotten so jaded that they forget why they are here...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I understand the scepticism here, what I do not understand is saying I am a liar. If I was lying I sure could have made is a much bigger lie. I would not have said it was in 1976, I would have said it happened yesterday and that I had coffee with them. I don't lie, there is no point in lying.

Lets quote somethings from your OP and maybe you can clarify which is true and which is untrue so you must be lying.

So I am open to suggestions as to what it could have been.. I know what I saw.. I know what I think it was.. I am looking for feedback on this...

You know what you saw and you know what you think it is and are asking for feedback?

You need to give more details if you want feed back.

But its clear that you know what you saw and know what you think it was, which is?

Only to be followed by this just after the photo you posted

I have no logical sensible explanation for what I saw.

Let me get this straight,

You have no idea what you saw but you know what you saw and know what you think you saw but don't know, is that right?

What I did ask however was feedback. I would like any plausible explanation for what I saw because I do not know what it was.

back and forth you know, you don't know.

what did you have with your breakfast 20 years ago today??

Food,

But is breakfast, a meal most have once a day as common as being on spaceship?

Being on a spaceship once would leave a slightly larger impression on ones mind than eating breakfast would, wouldn't you agree, if not care to explain why?

IF you are as smart as you all claim to be them give me viable reasons for what it was I saw. Its real easy to knock down someone that is trying to figure it out.

Who claimed to be smart?

But many here can read in-between the lines especially when you leave such gaps in-between yours.

so grow up and try to have a conversation, not just attack someone. You were not there, you did not experience it.

So share your experience in a little finer detail without many contradictions and members wont point them out and you wont feel like you are being attacked for saying opposing and contradicting things about your experience.

Yes we were not there but all you shared was a I saw a light in the sky, its the 3rd time, I know what I saw, I know what I think it was but I don't know and need feed back.

Others pointed out a few contradictions and others asked for more detail, you jumping straight on this defensive stance in the fashion you have is a clear case of an attention seeker or troll having laugh with a bunch of mates.

I suspect you think you saw an ET craft and want to see how many readers might have a similar opinion of lights in the sky being ET.

Nothing you say is clear, when asked you say you were ill, now you are better, you posting this now so why cant you get your story straight?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Can you show me where I called you a liar?

I said that I don't believe you and why should I?

When the moon is full I sprout wings and fly around the town I'm not lying I don't do drugs, what do you guys think? Input would be useful but please believe what I tell you as gospel.

See where I'm going?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

I thank you for your help in the matter. I cannot be more clear, yes I saw lights in the sky and I cannot explain them. The feedback I was looking for, I believe I was clear. I was looking for other explanations, not personal attacks.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Yes, it was Washougal Washington…

Mine was Silicone Valley, but what we saw was different than what you described. This "object" was a blue light with two red lights one fore and aft and it flew by us, bisecting the valley at impossible speed, totally silent. It also changed direction abruptly at speed which would have destroyed any earthbound airframe due to excessive G force. From that I recall that was a period of time on the west coast that saw more than a little activity of that sort.

Can I ask you some more questions? Was your "three lights" three distinct different lights or one object as far as you were concerned? I mean your feelings about it. It does resemble the wedge from other places like Texas and the Belgium wave, for instance. That was also described as sometimes a single light, three lights, or even a big wedge that also apparently defied the laws of physics. Tell the debunkers to look all those "differing" attributes up in their Funk and Wagnalls.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

What I remember is three lights, in a triangle positions. I did not see any craft. They were just hanging there in the sky, not moving. My reaction was 'what the heck is that', the drivers reaction was ' I wanna get home'. But they were just sitting there in the sky. It was strange, I heard no noises, no sound. But they were huge. Still mystifies me to this very day. The year being 1976, it was weird. I only saw them for maybe a minute, but they did not move while I saw them.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Also, I had the feeling that it was one thing, not three. One big thing.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Zaimless
reply to post by InhaleExhale

I thank you for your help in the matter. I cannot be more clear, yes I saw lights in the sky and I cannot explain them. The feedback I was looking for, I believe I was clear. I was looking for other explanations, not personal attacks.

What do you believe it was you saw?

What lead to believe that is was that in which you said you know what you think it is?

Was the driver that freaked out that woman that died?

How did you determine lights in the sky to be the size of a football field?

The moon could look like the size of a football field if the field was being viewed from a certain distance to give the impression that the size of the field is similar to the size of the moon in the sky directly above or if the moon was closer to the horizon it would look much bigger but that could also be the size of football field depending on the distance the observer from the field.

Did they look the size of football field being just over your head and covered much of the sky or at higher altitude and covering just percentage of the sky from your view?

basically what I am asking is does the photo in your OP give a good indication of the size of what you witnessed?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I only saw them for maybe a minute, but they did not move while I saw them.

And when you got to the top of a hill close by a few minutes later they were gone, right?

Also, I had the feeling that it was one thing, not three. One big thing.

With this and the rest of what i have read in this thread I am assuming you think it was something intelligent, maybe of extra terrestrial origin, or maybe human made but I am assuming you are leaning to it being a craft of some sort, have you attempted to find any other explanations (which this thread is obviously for) on your own and have come here because you have hit a wall?

It was your experience and you gave an indication in your OP of knowing what you saw (lights in the sky) and knowing what you think it was which I have yet to read, if you have shared that I must have missed it, sorry.

But in conclusion are asking for our opinions as you have no logical and sensible explanation which I assume would be a more down earth explanation not involving ET.

With what you have given us to go off all I can say that you saw the 3 lights you described, from your observation point they seemed as large as a football field and was in Washington around 1976.

I believe you saw something, what it was without much to go off is merely speculating on what you have told us are faulty memories of yours.

For detailed research into a sighting, the more details the better, the less details provided make it hard to paint a picture all can agree upon.

However thanks for sharing, I have to yet describe my UFO sightings on ATS, come off as skeptic when ever a story is shared, Many times ask questions as though its an interrogation, but the answers that come if they do usually show the willingness of one sharing to find an understanding of what they experienced if they haven't already made up their minds.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I posted a photo of an image of what I saw and the approximate size. Although I understand scepticism, I do not understand any of you here. I guess I was under the false illusion that you folks helped figure things out. Not take others inventory. I am a fallible human and I guess none of you are.

The whole point of this was to share, and if you don't want to share then maybe you should go somewhere else. Giving to people is fine, asking questions is fine, but why the attack?

It is so much easier to attack then look at your motive for attacking someone isn't it?

I thought you all would be able to help me with this, maybe I was wrong. I am not afraid of admitting I was wrong.

I couldn't make this simpler if I tried. Three huge lights in the sky, like the photo. It happened, I don't need to justify anything to anyone here, it's my experience.

Thank you for the education on your personalities, it tell me a lot about you all. You don't have to like that either, I really don't care. I for one, often give people the benefit of the doubt, but you repeat yourself, making it clear what you are like.

I am not afraid to say that I am less than perfect, but I know what I saw. What I saw was three huge lights in the sky. I cannot explain that.

You were there for your birth, explain that would ya... even though you were there you cannot explain that. Even with video footage you couldn't. All experience is through perception, and programming.

I would be so BORED if all I had to do all day was sit around and find others faults instead of looking at the positive in it all. So this is the positive in this... THANK YOU FOR THE EDUCATION.. ALL OF YOU...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I'm only suggesting this as a possibility but perhaps it could have been three of these ...

Just a thought

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

So questioning your story is attacking you?

When you told this story to ats 8 years ago you pretty much got the same replies so what did you think was going to change?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

wow, looks like some people have nothing to do but look through your old posts, you should be flattered and they should be embarrassed for being so lame. 1976 was a hot year for ufos at least here in s.c. , I know many people who saw classic saucers that year.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

searchlight rentals in 1976, are you kidding me ?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

you wont get an answer here, its just a bunch of swamp gas lovers.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join