It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada has possible Ebola case: health officials

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JHumm

You make a good point, and as a Canadian myself, I would probably keep a watch on this... although I'm nowhere near Saskatchewan as I'm on Vancouver Island. It's the connecting flights that could worry me if someone got infected. Though if someone else got infected, we'd likely be hearing about it now or it's being covered up so as to not cause a panic.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Heh...that's the next thing i better not get. I'm dealing with a festering cold sore atm and that and bleeding will not a happy Toast make

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I really hope this isn't the case. I am comforted that it wouldn't be as bad, but I cannot help recall when I was a kid, I sat up late and watched Outbreak on HBO. That terrified me. I still remember vaguely and it disturbs me to this day. I know it was just a movie but still.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
This is the nightmare scenario that most experts fear the most. It is where a person is infected with a highly infectious disease and then gets on a plane and travels to another contentient, and in the process all those on the plane and 10's if not hundreds of thousands of people in the process. And with the modern way of travel, it is one where it is possible.

Here is the scenario that most health officials are terrified of: A person gets infected with Ebola, or another highly contagious disease, that is a level 4 contagion. They get on a plane and visit or stop at several international airports, where they infect all those on the plane and all those who the person came in contact with, who would then go out and continue to infect people, till the first signs reared up, and alerts of a pandemic and force the people to remain at home and stay inside.

The other aspect that they do not often speak about is the isolation wards for such, and the person is cut off from the rest of the world, and there is no more human contact, a horrible way to be placed, and go. We can only hope it is not ebola and something like the flue.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I think the larger question here is "why the heck would anybody go to Liberia?" Or back there if they got out?

Personally, I'd never go near the place, Cannibalism, Warlords, Rampant Aids, I saw a Vice special about a guy name "general Butt Naked" he'd get high as heck and eat a child and then go to war "Butt naked" because he believed the bullets couldn't hurt him if he was nude...

Liberia's a herpes sore on the genitals of the planet, stop freakin flying there.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

VoidFire
reply to post by JHumm

You make a good point, and as a Canadian myself, I would probably keep a watch on this... although I'm nowhere near Saskatchewan as I'm on Vancouver Island. It's the connecting flights that could worry me if someone got infected. Though if someone else got infected, we'd likely be hearing about it now or it's being covered up so as to not cause a panic.

Incubation period is 21 days, so I think we have a bit of a wait for the all clear.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I read that 6 people in Liberia contracted the virus and 5 are already dead. That makes it a very high kill rate so far. And this man travelled from Liberia? What was he doing? Attending a funeral? Visiting a fruit bat cave? Is he a health care worker. We know so little about this sick man in Canada. That worries me.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
They are now saying that he does not have ebola.
AP

TORONTO (AP) — Canadian officials investigating a man suspected of having contracted Ebola during a visit to West Africa say it has been determined he does not have the virus.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

VoidFire
reply to post by JHumm

One thing you can depend upon, they will ALWAYS cover up anything like this (like Fukushima) in order to avoid panic. That's standard operating procedure no matter how many people it ends up hurting. Our government officials will always lie to us, even way past the time that the lying is obvious. A quick look at history proves it.

I keep wondering when we'll have the necessary conversation about global air travel and its hazards? An incredibly ill person can get on a plane in any country of the world, expose thousands of people between the flights themselves and the layovers, and not even know they're sick until they get home less than a day later. And there's no incentive to stay put if you feel you might be coming down with something before the flight, because of all the money you spent on a ticket. You could go from Patient Zero to 10,000 exposed, untraceable people in 24 hours flat, all of them unwitting carriers.

Something like Ebola is the nightmare scenario for the CDC and you can bet they're sweating bullets over this one. It regularly kills the health care workers, so it's probably easily spread and hard to avoid even with gowns, gloves and masks. The only good thing about it is it kills so quickly and viciously that a sick person is unlikely to even move out of bed, much less travel.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917Hey. I can't create my own thread yet. So I'm posting here.
I think ebola might have spread to Canada.

www.ctvnews.ca...

It's a small isolated native reserve.

The kids there are all getting these really ebola looking rashes.

Also, there was a diamond mine near it with a company that does a lot of work in Africa so maybe one of their employees brought it over?

Anyway, I think it's worth looking into.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join