It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was the first movie you saw that was inappropriate for your age?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

AK907ICECOLD
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Omg, am I that old that I remember the drive-in movies! Ghostbusters. Gotta love Slimer.

Damn.....

don't feel bad I remember going to the drive-ins, not only that my first inappropriate movie was "Frankenstein "(black and white version) I had to leave the theater I was so scared and crying my eyes out.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Today.

My niece insisted I watch "Hunger Games", and that I would love it. She is a smart girl, I trusted her and did what she said.

Apparently she thinks I am a teen-aged girl. lol

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I was 4 yrs old and I remember waking up and noticing the tv was on out in the living room. I went down the hall far enough to see the tv and I sat down and watched without my mom knowing I was there.

She was watching "IT!"

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
nightmare on elm street,i had nightmares for weeks about the scene where she flies around the room

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

For me, it would have to be The Blob. The original. We watched a lot of old horror movies on a late night program, and most didn't bug me. That one, though, scared me so much I had escape plans for what I would do if the blob showed up in the house, or wherever! When I was younger, there weren't so many that t he kids shouldn't see.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Batteries not included when i was really young...
Went to bed thinking my alarm clock or tv was going to come alive !!
Thanks mum..

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I was 15 yrs. old. One of my friends lived right across a fence from the drive-in. We used an AM-FM radio to hear the movie. It was "Deep Throat".

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Cocktail lol

BUT my mom made us leave the room during certain scenes. We were at my aunts and they had rented it.
Funny I remember that.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I can't recall if it was Jaws or Poltergeist but both scared the beejesus out of me somehwere around seven or eight.

Especially this scene in Poltergeist

Oddly as fascinated as I am with sharks they scare me so much that if I come upon them in a videogame I get anxiety and end up turning off the game, lol.

Both movies are great, they are what scary should be and I never give up the opportunity to watch them if they come on the television.
My dad always tried to keep me from watching IT, because of how messed up Poltergeist made me but when I was ten I snuck it while everyone else was sleeping, stupid, stupid, child I was.

edit on 28-3-2014 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Gargoyles, that one was actually a pretty cool movie. Scary, at least I thought so then.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I was probably 8 or 9 years old and got to watch "Porky's" if anyone remembers that 1982 classic movie lol. I have been a dog ever since .

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Animal House, in 1978. I won two tickets, and the vinyl soundtrack, via a promotion with a local AM rock station... Yes. Before FM. I was 14, and had never seen a rated R movie.

I joined a fraternity in 1983. It was crazier than the movie. TOGA! TOGA! TOGA!

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Some of my earliest memories are of watching horror movies. My parents didn't care that I watched them. I remember they had lots on VHS.

I think my favorite series was Hellraiser back in those days just because they were pretty crazy to a young kid, lol. Lots of gore and nasty demon/monsters. Pinheads been my favorite movie monster ever since I can remember.

As I gew up I watched every horror movie I came across. I spent more time in the Horror section than browsing new releases in a video store. I don't like many of the ones they have nowadays, every once in a while they come out with a good one, nothing like the 80s and early 90s horror movies though.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
i was always watching horror movies as a akid but the first movie i tricked my mom into taking me too was the classic animated movie
HEAVY METAL. the naked animated bobbies and the coke snorting robots i had a blast mom was speechless and i got dragged out about half way thru movie. thank god for showtime where i got to watch whole thing late night. the thing that threw mom was they showed it at a saturday matinee usually r rated movies were shown only on fridays and saturdays after 9.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Pulp Fiction - thought my parents were really depraved watching it. Love it now, but certain scenes still take me right back to that first viewing. The best of this films I think, and the most innapropriate for an under 10 yr old.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join