It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was the first movie you saw that was inappropriate for your age?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
My Dad took me to see Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back. Seeing Luke Skywalker get his hand cut off ...

Went to a friends house for a New Years party in the late 1970's, and the older teenagers watched "Nicholas and Alexandra", that movie where the entire family get shot. Great start to the new year.

Our high school had a cinema club - we watched Rollerball, Escape from New York, Night of the Living Dead (lawn mower vs. zombies) Bladerunner (the eye-popping scenes).

When we lived in an apartment block, our upstairs neighbor had a collection of the most goriest movies; Alien, Jaws, The Shining, The Exorcist. Watched a few of those.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Jurassic Park, I was 3 and my dad was in charge of my sister and I for the night while my mom was out with friends...he thought it would be a fun dinosaur movie... lol

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I saw Top Gun when I was in my twenties, and realized with horror that it was meant for teenagers.

Then I saw Zero Dark Thirty in my early 50's and realized it was meant for brain-dead 'Murikens.

Never saw any age inappropriate movies as a kid. Did see Patton in third grade, and was a little shocked by some of the gore scenes and made a little uncomfortable seeing it with my Dad because there was some swearing in it; however, it wasn't anything I hadn't already heard at school.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
was a movie about a giant spider, i think it was from alfred hitchcock but im not sure

spider was injected with something in a lab and grew very large

to this day i am afraid of spiders, really afraid

hate them

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It was an XXX rated film I stole from under my brothers bed. Deep Throat. I watched it with the girl from across the street......it sort of choked her up.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The movie was Evilspeak with Clint Howard, I was 10 years old and my sister was 2 when my mum dragged us along on a date with a new guy she was seeing to watch that disgusting pigs eating humans movie, the devil was named Esteban and still to this day Im freaked out by Clint Howard. That movie gave me many sleepless nights. It terrified me and I"m still to scared to watch it again
edit on 26/3/2014 by CatSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I was bout 10 years old when I went to the movies and saw Jaws, still have a phobia of sharks, exsp great whites lol. The music alone was enough to scare me and just before a kill, the music changed and I closed my eyes, Man I will never forget Jaws

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I think I was about 7 when my grandmother let me see the original black & white version of "Night of the Living Dead". I literally f'd me up enough so that even to this day ( I am 40ish) I look for all exits and windows/doors to bar up when I go to dinner or shopping with the wife and kid.

OOOOrrrrrrr it could be getting to see Pork's at the Drive In with my buddy and his sister+boyfriend. Learned ALOT that day!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Probably be The Sword & The Sorcerer. Kinda bloody, some T n' A. I was like, 5. There's this one scene towards the end where dude's skin peels off. Yeah...

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
My dad snuck me off to go see "The Silence of the Lambs" when I was about eight....

It's kinda funny, because the next week at school, the teacher asked me the class what they wanted to be when they grow up, and I told her "A forensic pathologist, so I can pull butterflies out of ladies' mouths."

My mom got a call from the school, and my dad got busted. LOL

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I saw the movie aliens when i was 8 or 9 seeing aliens come out of stomachs got me nightmares , and it did not help that my brother used to say there is an alien in my stomach ...

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
ha when me and my friend where like 7 his older sister took us to see inspector gadget. but something happened and they weren't able to show the movie. so we saw 8mm instead.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Gremlins gave me nightmares when I was younger.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Damn your young!!! Jk lol

The first movie that scared me and left an impression...

Steven kings IT!! Too creepy for a ten or 11 year old.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Silence of the lambs.

I was 7 or 6. We went as a family to the movies. They snuck my slightly older sisters and me in. I wanted to see the never ending story 2. This is what my parents decided was a good choice for us all.

lol

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JuniperRose

HEY!!!!

Right on!

EDIT TO ADD:
I wouldnt have even read your post if it wasnt for the pic. I am glad I did. Apparently this was a common thing for this movie. Allot of people were snuck in to see it from what I gather. A couple people say this.

edit on 3 27 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Toss up. Either The Graduate or Barbarella.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
i was about 12, mum won a copy of 'Fire in the Sky'during a promotion at the local video shop. That movie scared the absolute Sh#t out of me at that age, gave me nightmares for ages. Still makes me uneasy watching it even as an adult just because its reminds me of how much it freaked me out. I was probaboy watching a lot of x-files at the time as well which probably didnt help lol

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
My mum watched candyman with me when i was about 4 and it was pretty disturbing i haven't watched it as an adult because it was a few years old when she watched it so its pretty old now. My mum for some reason likes creepy scary movies so i sat in on a few as a small child! That one gave me a massive fear of mirrors & def stuck out of all the rest i saw. Im 23 now and i hate scary movies my partner was watching sinister i had to leave the room. What a sick movie.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

ArtemisE
reply to post by iamhobo

Damn your young!!! Jk lol

The first movie that scared me and left an impression...

Steven kings IT!! Too creepy for a ten or 11 year old.

Haha, true! -- but I sure feel old. Turning 27 on Saturday. Eh, they all just blend together now anyway.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join