It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was the first movie you saw that was inappropriate for your age?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Rambo, at a friends 8 or 9th Birthday party.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
When I was in elementary school my sibs and cousins were placed in a theatre showing for a movie called "The Black Windmill" and I remember wondering why I was there because the movie was something totally uninteresting and inappropriate for all of us. The only reason we were there was because the adults wanted us out of their hair and the dad of our cousins was the manager of the theatre.

Sal

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Jurassic Park for me when i was ten.

Was taken to see it by my mother and when the tyrannosaurus ate the guy and the velocaraptors where going after the kids - just terrifying.

I thought how bad can it be, its a PG and i have my mother - turns out i should have waited for a few more years as it gave me nightmares.

Course, i can watch now no problem at all its even amusing.

edit on b1111741 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I was 16 and went to a XXX movie at a skanky movie theatre (sticky floor and all) in a bad part of town.
I snuck in with a fella I knew who was 18. I think it was 'beyond the green door' or some such thing ...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
In a musty old theater on the outer banks of North Carolina, my brother and I saw Robocop. I was seven years old. Still one of my favorite movies to this day.

I also remember seeing Full Metal Jacket when I was a kid, went through my old sketch books a few years back and found a drawing I did of Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes in army fatigues and a machine gun with "Born to Kill" written on the helmet.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Damn, just realized a perfectly good missed opportunity for a Twilight joke...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
So many.....thanks HBO. Here's a few that stick out.

Jaws - as others mentioned, I still think about that damn shark when I go into the water. Oddly enough, it's one of my favorite movies and I watch it once a year.

Cujo - Just remembered the dog running into the car they were hiding in and blood everywhere. The mother screaming hysterically. Intense.

Mad Max - The scene where the couple (in a 55 Chevy I think) is getting chased by the gang gave me nightmares.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre - because Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Alien - Whole movie scared me to death, especially when they go in the tunnels and are looking at the hand held tracker.

Robocop - The scene where they torture Murphy by shooting his hand off really had me messed up for a few days.

The first 'official' rated R movie I saw in the theatre was Terminator 2. I talked my dad in to taking me. Still love that movie.
edit on 25-3-2014 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
On Saturdays, as a kid of about 8, I would stay with my grandmother and play on the floor in front of the TV. Every Saturday they ran some black and white monster/horror movie. My Grandmother busied herself with housework and cooking dinner. Most of the movies never effected me, but one movie, which I don't know the name of, ended with some guy being chained up and some other guy taking a knife and skinning him, starting with his neck, or so the movie implied via shadows of the scene. That really bugged me at 8 years old. Wish I knew what movie that was ...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Deliverance at about 5 years old, one of the older guys had it on.
I've associated dueling banjos with squealing pigs ever since.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I saw "Cannoball Run II" when I was 39, and I'm still emotionally scarred.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
"Apocalypse Now"

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

mikeone718
Deliverance at about 5 years old, one of the older guys had it on.
I've associated dueling banjos with squealing pigs ever since.

'Deliverance' was an epic movie! Burt Reynolds prooved he could act, and then sold out
to make crap like 'Smokey & the Bandit'.

John Boorman is not one who comes to mind as a great director, but he did a fantastic job in Deliverance.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The Exorcist: on LASER DISC lol, when I was probably 7 years old. That one really did a number on me.

Terminator 2: maybe a year or two later. Someone in my family had a vhs copy of it and i gave it a watch. jesus christ, the scene where sarah conner was holding onto the fence while her body and the playground was being obliterated by a nuclear bomb... that scene scarred me for years! I would have daily nightmares about nuclear holocaust. good times...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

ColeYounger
'Deliverance' was an epic movie!

I agree later on in life, but as a kid the wtf factor was too high

Robocop was mentioned up there with the Murphy execution scene. The acid bath scene also bothered me for weeks.

The Fly is also worthy of mention. Jeff Goldblum will always look creepy to me.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mikeone718

Oh man, The Fly was so gross, I'll never forget Jeff Goldblum puking on the donut. Got to love David Cronenberg. I was definitely too young when I saw that one as well.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Night of the living dead. My older brother was watching me because my parents were out of town so we snuck into the drive-in to watch it. That made the walk home through the woods at midnight real fun.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

GNOarmy
reply to post by iamhobo

I remember watching The Exorcist. My god, how terrifying at a young age. Here I am, 41 years old and still that movie scares the hell out of me. Also watched The Amityville Horror. Why my mother let me, I'll never know...lol

Exorcist for me too.. I was 3 or 4 years old and it terrified me ( my older brother had me watch it ) .. I had a fear of stuffed animals after that, I kept being afraid they would get possessed and were staring at me.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Another one for me would be steven kings"IT"

totally ruined clown for me for years

Im still not of fond of red balloons either!!!!!!
edit on b2929152 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Miracle Mile.

This film is a cult classic and genuinely terrifying nuclear thriller, it almost feels like your experiencing a dream/nightmare while watching it. The film is even more relevant today considering the Russia/Ukraine situation.

@18:30.... what would you do?
edit on 25-3-2014 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
My parents were really strict about movies/TV when I was a kid so not much got past them (though books didn't count so I probably read way too many Stephen King too young) but in any case, another that still stands out - A Clockwork Orange - I was about 20 the first (and only) time I saw it. Ya, I might have been old enough, but still...if only what was seen, could be unseen... Lol

edit on 25-3-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join