It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was the first movie you saw that was inappropriate for your age?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The film title was, "Putting it All Behind," and I was 9.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kissy princess

I'm not even going to ask...

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Gilligan's Island? Everyone was too old for that show.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Shampoo

Southern California , Early 1970's

In those days , there were "Drive In Screens" everywhere.

I would go out on our balcony and watch it from afar.

I had several unusual radios, and I would just dial in the sound.

Just Kid Stuff, but Good Golly Miss Molly, How I miss those big Screen

Drive Ins. You APP idiots don't know what your missing.

There was a Lot of Good Old American Love , Wild, and Free Always.

And more importantly, a casual and acceptable place to Park with Privacy.

edit on 24-3-2014 by Wildmanimal because: typo

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I can't remember if it was Rocky Horror Picture Show or Motel Hell being the first, but The Fly was the one that scarred me for life.

To this day i am afraid of Jeff Goldblum and having children in effect that it would be a baby-sized maggot

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

edit on 25-3-2014 by Hoaxster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Kay ill bite. Watched mad max when I was 5 by myself. I was scarred

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Porky's

I was about 7 and my cousin put my brother and I in the trunk of her car (about a 10 mile trip) to sneak us into the drive in movie (fewer people, less cost per car).

My parents would have hung her for doing both had they known.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

The first one that I can remember is Once Upon a Time in America. That movie is so blatant. It's weird because my mom was so strict, but she wasn't strict at all about movies. I sort of wish she was.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

I would have to agree with you on that. Does put things in perspective though...What this thing would be I couldn't say and what perspective it shifts you to I have no real clue, but it does something to a person just to see that....horrific slice of american culture lol.

reply to post by LadySkadi

Hahaha I can imagine. Way too "intense" for me...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The original Hills Have Eyes, I was like 6 at the time. It was definitely not cool.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
When I was a toddler, the movie "It" based on the Stephen King book about an evil clown monster was shown on television. I guess my dad thought I wasn't paying attention and watched the whole movie with me in the room. I didn't flush the toilet until I was in second grade because of that movie. In first grade, I remember going to the bathroom at school one day. I decided I would flush the toilet and run full blast out of there. So I flushed and proceeded to bolt but instead slipped on a piece of toilet paper. I was too terrified to move, closed my eyes and started screaming crying bloody murder until my teacher came into the restroom to rescue me from the evil clown I believe was already hovering over me. "It" left me mortified of drains and plumbing systems in general.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Childs play, and terminator 2 judgement day. Or what ever movie had chuckie in it.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Geeshmm.....my first is fear and loathing....we were all toasted. ..I remember a freind top naked on a ball infront of the television hopping on it...I was upside down...will never touch beefeater again because of this..and the room was filled instantly with f+÷king lizards...im god damn tennis shoes

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
Porky's

I was about 7 and my cousin put my brother and I in the trunk of her car (about a 10 mile trip) to sneak us into the drive in movie (fewer people, less cost per car).

My parents would have hung her for doing both had they known.
u

Agreed...porkys !

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
There was this Australian children's movie, called Dot and the Kangaroo.

It was a mix of animation and real film.

There was one scene where they came to a cave, and this god-awful roar came from it.
Then this creepy song about a bunyip started, accompanied by trippy aboriginal animation.
It showed aborigines being hunted and eaten by the bunyip.

A bunyip is an Australian mythical Monster, which supposedly lives for over a thousand years. It is a water monster, and it's tactics are horrifying. It hangs around rivers and lakes. It waits until you come for a drink, and then it appears, in the form of a loved-one, one who has died or is still alive.
Once you approach it, thinking it is somebody you know, it grabs you, pulls you into the water and proceeds to tear you apart.

My grandfather used to give me fifty cents if I sat through the entire sequence. Most times I'd sit behind his recliner until it was over.

I guess you could say that is pretty much like IT by Stephen King, except it is an Aboriginal legend that is thousands of years old.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

A black & white Dracula move except the color of fire & lips at age 4, 1968. My late Mom & her family believed in Vampires very strongly. It was terrifying lol!

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
My uncle took me to a drive-in to see Dirty Mary Crazy Larry that we had hoped was going to be about the dirty part but instead gave me a different perspective on driving and the law at 11.

edit on 3/25/14 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
"Tommy"
edit on 25-3-2014 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Wrath of Khan when I was 8.

But star trek dosnt really count.

I saw Alien and Aliens at 10
Thought it was a good laugh. Probably showed how screwed up I was haha

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join