It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was the first movie you saw that was inappropriate for your age?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I had four older brothers so I was always exposed to things I should not have been.
But my best guess was cheech and Ching movies.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Heavy Metal. ( animation 1981 )

I was six. Loved it.

It was the first time since I learned to speak, that I watched jaw dropped and eyes wide open!

edit on 24-3-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Pictured left much like that avatar!

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71
I had four older brothers so I was always exposed to things I should not have been.
But my best guess was cheech and Ching movies.

Well, If we are considering that in appropriate...

Than I guess it was on my Fathers knee as a toddler,

I guess my first in appropriate movies where the Cheech and Chong movies my dad would watch, not the horror my mother took me too later in life...

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Not the first but the first that comes to mind...

My dad had a vhs copy of some GG Allin documentary with lots of footage from his shows and lots of personal recordings of the band "partying" and stuff. Mind blowingly obscene and vulgar and vile for a 10 year old. If you don't know anything about him and decide to look him up, proceed with caution.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

LizardSlicks
Not the first but the first that comes to mind...

My dad had a vhs copy of some GG Allin documentary with lots of footage from his shows and lots of personal recordings of the band "partying" and stuff. Mind blowingly obscene and vulgar and vile for a 10 year old. If you don't know anything about him and decide to look him up, proceed with caution.

I have a copy of HATED. Lol I don't think its appropriate for anyone..lol

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Silence of the Lambs was my first movie that I can remember.

Probably why I'm so dark humored is all the horror movies I devoured at far too young of an age.

Weirdly enough though, I don't remember it being "scarring" rather than confusing.

Bambi on the other hand, that actually scarred me. Of course it was intended to do that, I'd still have to give Bambi the greatest horror film of the century for it's psychological effect on children.

edit on 24-3-2014 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Aliens. 8yo.
edit on 24-3-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Rocky Horror: 11 years old.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Joki42

Oh god...

My condolences haha

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
When I was eight my brother took me to see the amityville horror at the theater even though it was rated R it was ok back in the 70's to bring a child as long as an adult over 18 was with you. I remember thinking to myself that it wasn't very scary at all.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
JAWS...I mean really,, people are still scared to go into the water

edit on 24-3-2014 by Misinformation because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Sorta OT because it was TV ... but Kolchak, The Nightstalker had a couple of episodes that gave me the willies too.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Alien....
Was like 7 or 8, scary stuff back then.

Who am I kidding, still scary

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Pulp fiction is a classic.

Mine was Revenge Of The Nerds, at the age of 8 or 9. lol

Ahh the good old days of VHS haha

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Joki42

You poor unfortunate soul. I effing hate that movie with a passion that burns hotter than Earth's yellow sun.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Stephen King's - The Cat's Eye

I had nightmares for weeks! I was scared the hole in my wall was a troll hole and stacked books and my stuffed animals in front of it!

CdT

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The Blue Lagoon! It was Christmas 1985, my Grandfather bought my mother, sister and I a color TV, VCR and some VHS movies. The movies were mostly Disney movies; Bedknobs & Broomsticks, Mary Poppins, Escape To Witch Mountain (which solidified my belief in aliens lol) and Cinderella. A few non Disney movies, one of which was The Blue Lagoon... I was 9 and my sister was 5! We watched it later that day once everyone went home and while my mom took a nap on the couch. I remember covering my sister's eyes for more than half the movie hahaha!!

Yup, that movie.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

CirqueDeTruth
Stephen King's - The Cat's Eye

I had nightmares for weeks! I was scared the hole in my wall was a troll hole and stacked books and my stuffed animals in front of it!

CdT

Awesome, saw that too....

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LizardSlicks

Saw him back in the 90s, was forwarned to stay far away from the stage (thank god for balcony) didn't have a clue what I was getting into... lasted about 15 minutes...

ETA: as for movie - Alien, maybe?

Or...I would completely agree with this, as well. Traumatizing...Even now, I don't want to watch that clip...

Bambi on the other hand, that actually scarred me. Of course it was intended to do that, I'd still have to give Bambi the greatest horror film of the century for it's psychological effect on children.

edit on 24-3-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Logging off but will lurk ....

Netflix put
" DOCTOR STRANGELOVE or how I love the bomb and eat taco's because I love the taco too" to the menu.

This is my all time favorite Kubrik film..
Before my time... saw it young. The scene where the cowboy rides the bomb to the end....
When those bombs started launching and exploding everywhere...it was sheer horror for me. I first saw that movie in 5th grade.. years after it was made...
But nukes going off at any age scares me...
Good night ATS.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join