It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was the first movie you saw that was inappropriate for your age?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I was in 4th grade, my parents had rented Pulp Fiction from the video store. I remember being completely confused because of the different story lines. I also remember Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta accidentally blowing that guy's head off in the back seat of their car.

Luckily for me, my parents realized I probably shouldn't be watching it by the time Bruce Willis and Ving Rhames got locked in the basement with the gimp -- my god that would have scarred me for life!

Whether it was a horror flick, a drama or comedy...I'm sure most all of us growing up encountered a movie that we probably shouldn't have watched as a youngster.
I saw this topic posted somewhere else on the internet and I wanted to hear some stories from you guys here at ATS.

"Does Marcellus Wallace look like a...witch?!"

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

I remember watching The Exorcist. My god, how terrifying at a young age. Here I am, 41 years old and still that movie scares the hell out of me. Also watched The Amityville Horror. Why my mother let me, I'll never know...lol

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Probably Cujo. It's about a dog that gets rabies and starts killing people.
I was little and that dog scared me.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The Titanic
*snicker*

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

About 8years old and children of the corn. Corn feilds still freak me out 20 odd years later. Scared for life.
edit on 24-3-2014 by ZeussusZ because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by GNOarmy

Yes.

Had to be The Exorcist.

link   
Tequila Sunrise. I think I might've been 10. Good times.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Pfff, I was raised on "Tales from the Crypt" and Romero films. The first movie I saw that was inappropriate for my age was probably "Beauty and the Beast" I was like: please god send in the flesh eating beast. Then the beast showed up and I was all like

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Oh man, it was a Tuesday and my Father dropped me off at the theatre by myself to see some disney movie. It was during the day so hardly anyone was in the theatre. I was 14 and decided to sneak in and see the Shining. I was alone in the theatre with my popcorn and soda. I wound up with my knees pulled up to my chest and ate no popcorn because I was consumed by fear! Jack was so scary and those little girls and the hallways…yikes!!

This was 1980 and my first exposure to genuine creepy horror. I have to admit, by the end it was a bit thrilling, but during the movie I was paralyzed with terror, and to this day, it is still one of the top 5 scariest movies I have ever beheld.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I grew up going to the drive-in with some double matinee nights so I got to see 'Friday the 13th', 'Halloween' and others like 'It's Alive'.
'It's Alive' probably freaked me out the most.

Silly now I know but as a kid I was mortified.
edit on 24-3-2014 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
As far as horror films go, my cousins (three demented girls at the time) would make me watch "Dolls". They lived in a house in BFE Missouri and it didn't help that my Aunt had creepy dolls in room I had to sleep in. I blame my hatred for dolls and anything doll related on them.

edit on 24-3-2014 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Total Recall with my dad, I was 10.

The only thing I remember was the woman with 3 boobs.

I've yet to meet her but I'm saving all my love for when I do.

Edit: BTW my mom was furious at my dad for that.
go figure
edit on 24-3-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Omg, am I that old that I remember the drive-in movies! Ghostbusters. Gotta love Slimer.

Damn.....

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I went to the movie theater to see Peter Pan With my non English speaking grandmother and instead we walked into lethal weapon 2. Explosions ,Joe Pesci ,it was more than my 6 year old mind could understand

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I saw The Texas Chainsaw Massacre when it first came out. Inappropriate for any age.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)...

I was ten years old, snuck into the living room while my older sister and her friend were watching it during a sleepover and I haven't been the same since.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The Entity was probably the one I remember for that.

It was at a drive in theater, I was about 10.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The Sword and the Sorcerer

Only one i cared about.. seen lots of other banned movies back in day..

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Oh man me and my best friend when we were around 11 watched BasEketball, from the creators of South Park. Over 10 years later it's still probably one of the raunchiest movies I have seen and still love it haha. Every year I would understand more and more of the dirty jokes in it.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
My mother, was a movie fan, particularly Horror.

I can't even remember the first "inappropriate" movie.

She always made sure I knew it was "entertainment" and not real at all.

I remember by 6 grade, none of my friends believed the movies I had seen, from all the Nightmare on elm streets and friday the 13th, to classics like the Exorcist.

To this day, no movie has the ability to frighten me, not even a little, beyond that, Im not sure what other effect it has had on me.

I do know one thing, I find censorship of any kind to be an extremely silly concept.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join