It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you know it really is the true Jesus who's returned?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
In the Padgett Messages Celestial spirits recount meeting ‘The Master’. Many of the Celestials were familiar with him, even working closely with him so as to convey the messages across to James Padgett. Then every now and again Jesus would ‘light up’ so to speak, he’d allow more of his true soul light to shine through, and the spirits said he was an incredible sight to behold. They were completely overawed at his power and magnificence, something they said they saw very rarely as mostly he was so humble and unassuming. And the spirits of lesser light than the Celestials couldn’t bear such brightness and had to turn away or even fall on the ground covering their eyes, it all being too much for them to be in the glorious presence of such a radiant being.

So from such accounts it’s obvious Jesus can control the level of light his soul emits through his spirit body. So what’s to say that if he were to come again to Earth, he might come with his ‘light turned down’, and you could walk past him on the street none the wiser.

If Jesus did come back - how would you know it was him? What if he didn’t do all the trumpet blowing and flying in on a cloud stuff? What would he have to say and do for you to be sure that it was really the man himself?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zuimon

It would have to be Biblical level miraculous stuff, and I still probably would not believe... :/

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zuimon

I'd march him straight down to my pond...well, you got the picture...

Des

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zuimon

Walking on water would do it for me...

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

How would you know it would be Jesus and not "Chris Angel" or some other mentalist ? At the bible Jesus walked among less fortunated people so who would he accompany now..
edit on 24-3-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

SecretKnowledge

Magic tricks? Really?

zuimon
If Jesus did come back - how would you know it was him? What if he didn’t do all the trumpet blowing and flying in on a cloud stuff? What would he have to say and do for you to be sure that it was really the man himself?

First consider if you came from a culture which doesn't have Jesus as you know the name as a figure to be identified with as you identify Jesus.

Let's take the description you offer in the OP at face value. Look at what the people are literally describing. Rather than an actual visual light... look at how they are describing the way this personality makes them *feel*.

So to me at least... it seems it would be based on how you feel when interacting with that personality. The name each person would give to that interaction would match whatever their culture's version of that personality is.

I don't see why it would only be one person to be honest. Personality is contagious.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I agree with the statement that it would have to be miracles on a biblical proportion. However it would be possible and the word would spread fast with our modern communications technology. It could be things like healing the sick, crippled and diseased with a simple touch of his hand. There could be many different miracles he could perform, but the power of healing with his touch would be very convincing.
edit on 24-3-2014 by DonVoigt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheMirror

These people truly believe that this man is Jesus.. as they feel he is

To me question is still open.. would Jesus be in some rural area just for some people to see and "feel" or would he be more public figure?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Id check his celestial drivers license. Then I'd let him know why I did that...we got a serious illegal immigration problem.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

DonVoigt
I agree with the statement that it would have to be miracles on a biblical proportion. However it would be possible and the word would spread fast with our modern communications technology. It could be things like healing the sick, crippled and diseased with a simple touch of his hand. There could be many different miracles he could perform, but the power of healing with his touch would be very convincing.
edit on 24-3-2014 by DonVoigt because: (no reason given)

And if you were convinced it was him because of such miracles, what would that then mean to you?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

SecretKnowledge
reply to post by zuimon

I love those birds!

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The first time, it will be a great shout as He comes through the clouds. We may or may not actually see Him and He may or may not gather up the believers.

The second time He actually returns to earth at the head of the army of saints, and you won't be able to deny that it's Him. He won't be any gentle bearded teacher type. He will be the warlike judge the Jews expected the first time around.

But between that first manifestation and the second one will be the other one, and he will fool most people by doing all the magic tricks you could want. He'll be so good that he'll even fool a lot of people who should know better.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
If you found yourself still yourself after death and were approached by someone claiming to be god, how would you know? Power/ability doesn't really prove anything of the sort in relation to identity. I think if one was to look at existence empirically one could infer god/jesus (if they exist in claimed roles) as individuals don't really matter; they would simply be other entities (who may or may not seem to have additional capabilities than you or I might). IF someone did come and claim to be jesus and you liked his message enough to friend him on Facebook, cool… if not well he no matter who he is would not be for you (unless you're one of those blind obedience to a title type people).

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
No matter how he showed up, I'm sure the majority of us on this site would say "CGI, MK Ultra or HAARP"

But in all seriousness, it would have to hit me on some sort of a personal level.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by zuimon

I'm not sure what you mean, by what would it mean to me. I've made dumb mistakes throughout my twenties , I was a bartender with a drinking problem and I got into modest amounts of trouble with the law because of my drinking, however throughout my life I've never done anything that would be considered unforgivable in the eyes of God .the trouble I got into back then only affected my life, nobody elses , thank God , but that is not my life anymore. I made the changes necessary to not live like that anymore. So as to what would it mean to me, not much I guess because I have no fear of how I would be judged by God . I'm more afraid of how my fellow man behave.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zuimon

I will know it is Him because the events of His return are laid out pretty clear in Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21, as well as several other places. It will be pretty obvious because you will see a bunch of dead bodies coming out of the ground and floating up into the sky, as well as those believers who are still alive and remain.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

DonVoigt
reply to post by zuimon

I'm not sure what you mean, by what would it mean to me. I've made dumb mistakes throughout my twenties , I was a bartender with a drinking problem and I got into modest amounts of trouble with the law because of my drinking, however throughout my life I've never done anything that would be considered unforgivable in the eyes of God .the trouble I got into back then only affected my life, nobody elses , thank God , but that is not my life anymore. I made the changes necessary to not live like that anymore. So as to what would it mean to me, not much I guess because I have no fear of how I would be judged by God . I'm more afraid of how my fellow man behave.

I was thinking along the lines of: would you follow him?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zuimon

I would think he would tell me to continue living my life the way I have been and to continue to help others the way I do. I don't think he would ask me to follow him around like a lost puppy dog.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Why are you Trying to fill the board with religion using 3 threads in 3 minutes?

That's my question.

JuDe11

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
If he went to Heaven and received all the glory of the Father; then when he returns it will be in Full Glory and "every eye will behold him." Essentially, God visiting earth. I don't think you could miss him.
edit on 24-3-2014 by Dapaga because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join