It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy Grail Code = Islamic view??????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
HI

firstley i dont mean any disrespect to christians or any other faiths.

i was reading on bbc and other threads on ATS that some WW2 guys who brok the enigma code were breaking GRAIL code. They made a connection to an early christian sect with the code which said JESUS WAS A HUMAN PROPHET not SON OF GOD/GOD. This i just realised fits perfextley with the islamic view that say jesus was a human prophet god sent.
Do u find this a strange coincidence also?
please post ur view thoughts etc
thnx

[edit on 17-2-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
hi again,
can people also post their views of what a holy grail is

thnx

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Though Dan Brown seems to be looked down upon around here, I think I'm going to have to agree with him in a sense that I think the Holy Grail is a woman.

Though I'm not going to go as far as saying Mary Magdalene (sp?).

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   

This i just realised fits perfextley with the islamic view that say jesus was a human prophet god sent.
this belief was also held by many of the "heresies" such as arianism
and ebionites.

I believe the Grail is several different things at the same time.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
what is "ebionites"? I've heard of Arianism but i dont seem to recall Ebonites can anyone please shed some light

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
here is one link
www.ancientpaths.org...
you can find several more if you google the term

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   
The grail is not a bloodline or a person, its the cup Jesus and his disciples drank out of. Im not sure what the Islamic view on the grail is, i'll have a look around on the 'net.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Not completely sure about this, but didn't Jesus say that he wouldn't leave any physical items of his around for people to worship? I never got how people can go on and on about the grail and the shroud if this is true. I have not found any reference to the grail in Islam, so either Islam considers it unimportant, or perhaps the grail legend came up after the Islamic scriptures.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkey100
HI

firstley i dont mean any disrespect to christians or any other faiths.

i was reading on bbc and other threads on ATS that some WW2 guys who brok the enigma code were breaking GRAIL code.

I think I recall something similar recently, where so-called grail researches had been trying to 'decode' a cryptic, tho not ancient, inscription. But they didn't really get anywhere with it really.

They made a connection to an early christian sect with the code which said JESUS WAS A HUMAN PROPHET not SON OF GOD/GOD.

This is not altogether an unsual strain amoung the early christians. The Arian heresy is something very similiar to this I belevie.

Do u find this a strange coincidence also?

Not really, since the idea of human prophets isn't particularly uncommon. If it were somethign uncommon shared btween both, then that would be more interesting. Keep in mind that islam didn't exist unti 700 years after christianity.

As for the grail itself, its not something anyone is intersted in unti the stories of the knights and their quest for it. So its significance is something of a romantic invention, regardless of whatever one wants it to be (ie a cup, a gnostic symbol, a secret bloodline, etc etc).

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
We muslims do not believe in a holy grail. It could mean that the holy grail actually are documents which says exactly the same as the qu'ran says.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
``

personally i'm comfortable that the 'Holy Grail' meme
was originated and popularized by the Knights Templar
for reasons of creating a religious mystique and a 'relic'
for the army of crusaders to rally around (fight for)
to 'recover' from Jerusalem or HolyLand (Palestine)

and later to be a means of justification for the crusades...
remember, this supposed grail, was never shown but was
forever elusive, or supposed hidden by the Knights or
hidden in the grottos of the Vatican

i'm with babloyi on the 'Leave nothing behind' policy by Jesus

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

The grail is not a bloodline or a person, its the cup Jesus and his disciples drank out of

can you please provide links or other substantive evidence to support this
statement of fact?

new topics

top topics

join