It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge: "Washington must find rooms for homeless families out in cold"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

while the neighbor hasn't had a job in 20 years and eats steak 4 nights a week.
reply to post by 200Plus

You sure about that?

The TRUTH about SNAP

The average SNAP recipient received about $133 a month (or about $4.45 a day) in fiscal year 2013. (The average is expected to drop below $130 a month in fiscal year 2014.)

Families of three are receiving $29 a month less — a total of $319 for November 2013 through September 2014, the remaining months of fiscal year 2014. That is a serious loss, especially in light of the very low amount of basic SNAP benefits. Without the Recovery Act’s boost, SNAP benefits average about $1.40 per person per meal.

A couple with no kids will recieve $265.00 per month. That works out to $132.50 per month...per person. Thats $4.45 per person, per day for food. NO STEAK THERE.

The average SNAP benefits for a family of 5 is $563 dollars a month. Thats $112.00 per person per month. That $3.73 per person, per day.

SNAP benefits....HERE

I challenge you to show me how any of these folks can eat steak 4 days a week on that.

Hence humanity is not a strong suit with many of us.

You will get no argument from me on that.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

The city was providing a warm place, that place just wasn't good enough for them, according to them.
reply to post by OpinionatedB

NO...NO...NO....the lawsuit said absolutely nothing about it being not "good enough"...they said that their children weren't SAFE at these facilities.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

The Tea Party and hate radio mixed in with a little holier than thou? Just a guess.
reply to post by ~Lucidity

That would be a poor guess indeed. I am a Canadian...and don't listen to that right wing nuttery that comes out of the US. It makes me feel dirty....and I wouldn't cross the street to slap a Democrat in the mouth. Top that all off with...I'm an atheist...no holier than thou either.

I just have a bit of common decency....and some compassion for my fellow man.

I'd give up the guessing...you clearly have no talent for it.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

deadcalm

The Tea Party and hate radio mixed in with a little holier than thou? Just a guess.

That would be a poor guess indeed. I am a Canadian...and don't listen to that right wing nuttery that comes out of the US. It makes me feel dirty....and I wouldn't cross the street to slap a Democrat in the mouth. Top that all off with...I'm an atheist...no holier than thou either.

I just have a bit of common decency....and some compassion for my fellow man.

I'd give up the guessing...you clearly have no talent for it.

Ummm...

What the hell are you on about?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by deadcalm

Lucidity was posting an answer to the question you posted and was referring to Americans, not you.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
About 3 years ago, my daughters friend's family became homeless. They couch surfed for about 2 years, and I saw the toll it took on the kids. So, about a year ago I took the oldest boy into my home and another family took in the other child. He is a fine young man, has not missed a day of school. He was a year behind in school due to the homelessness, but he has completely caught back up, and will graduate with his class. He is 16. Honest, responsible etc.

His mom is the biggest liar, and thief I have ever met. Truly a POS. I would never allow her to live in my home. Believe me she doesn't even deserve moldy bread. She tweeks. I do feel sorry for people with addictions, however, the stuff this women has pulled, goes way beyond addictions.

I guess the point Im trying to make, is that if we can help, then we should. But, be very careful. There are those that have had hardships that cause them to loose everything, then there are those, that have addictions and are nothing more than users. I think there is a scripture that says "be a innocent as a dove, but as watchful as a serpent" or something like that.

Although all my kids have graduated from high school, (there is a god) Im still committed to helping this young man. Because, he is helping himself. And, I really think, that he would just be lost in the system if I didn't pitch in.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Lucidity was posting an answer to the question you posted and was referring to Americans, not you.
reply to post by Junkheap

My bad....still working on my first cup of coffee.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

What the hell are you on about?

Obviously I thought you were guessing about me.

My bad. Remain calm.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by misskat1

Thank you for having the wisdom to help one who will use that help to become a productive member of society.
And thank you for the wisdom to not give a 'free ride' to a system abuser.

The mother clearly needs help, as do so many homeless, but there are not enough professionals to save these people from themselves, and their own destruction.

A 'private' room, free food, health care, etc. is only putting a band aide on the real problem.
It makes the 'giver' feel good, and keeps the needy pinned down.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I disagree with the statement that there is no place for compassion in government and that I don't get say in how to spend other peoples money.

I do get a say, because it's my money. And MY money would be much better spent in helping those in need then in spying on innocent citizens, militarizing our local police forces and going to war. I also don't want my money being spent in paying for our 700 -800 military installations around the world. We don't need that and I don't want it. That's not making America safer, it's being a colonial power.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Yea, surely they couldnt buy a bulk pack of steaks, or splurge a few days, eat ramen the next, then demand more money because they are "forced" to eat ramen.

That could never happen, right?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Since you're so compassionate, I assume you send the IRS extra money, correct?

Can I ask how much extra you give them?

Compassion, like religion, has absolutely no place in public policy.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

doubletap
reply to post by amazing

Since you're so compassionate, I assume you send the IRS extra money, correct?

Can I ask how much extra you give them?

Compassion, like religion, has absolutely no place in public policy.

Dead wrong, my friend. Compassion does have a place in public policy. Colonialism does not. This does not take extra money. it just takes reallocation of existing assets. But the point is, that I want my money to go to helping people and not killing people and spying on people. I also do not want a welfare state, and we could easily put training programs, rehabilitation programs in place. I do a lot for my community and volunteer quite a lot of time. Do you?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Pimpintology
I'm gonna have to agree with the OP. If you cannot support your children that should be a very good reason to remove them from you. It is in my state I know, why isn't it that way in D.C.? We shouldn't have to provide people with welfare because they cannot take care of their children. In fact I am for that across the board. Don't have kids if you expect the rest of us to pay for them.

You can have your children back after you can provide them with a home. Simple as that.

edit on 24-3-2014 by Pimpintology because: of fluoride!

So let me see if I understand you correctly....

So let us say a family of four, with the Father as the sole bread winner. Live for years comfortably with no issues. The Father, being a life long Construction worker, eventually falls ill. Due to his medical issues, he can no longer work and applies for help.

So this family should be torn apart until the Father gets better?

People go on welfare for a large variety of reason and "Welfare" is a very generic term used to describe countless forms of aid. Have you ever collected unemployment? That's welfare!

Let me give you another example.... just a couple years ago I was unemployed. I went to work one day to find a Manager standing outside the business, the doors locked, explaining to every employee as we pulled up to come to work that the business was now closed. At 40 years old, I had to file for unemployment for the very first time in my life. Are you suggesting that I should have to give up my children to the State because I suddenly found myself out of work due to no fault of my own?

Situations like I described is why we have welfare in this Country. People like the topic of this thread are those who take advantage of the system. If you can afford to buy a tattoo, beer, drugs while on welfare... then you dont need welfare benefits! The little money I got from my unemployment, was not even enough to cover the rent every month. It was just enough to cover some bills, buy a little food, but I couldnt pay rent. Lucky for me, my landlord was willing to work with me and actually ran me a bill which I paid off as soon as I found work.

The ignorance of your post is absolutely disgusting. Perhaps you should really rethink your position or do a better job of clarifying it instead of painting every single person who has ever collected benefits with some broad brush.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Yea, surely they couldnt buy a bulk pack of steaks, or splurge a few days, eat ramen the next, then demand more money because they are "forced" to eat ramen.
reply to post by doubletap

That was so weak an argument that I'm not going to bother with this anymore.

I feel dumber for having read that. Demand more money...LOL. Where do you get this stuff??

Instant ramen and cup noodles are very, very bad for you

Take a look at the nutritional information for Maruchan instant beef noodles for example, noting that they suggest a serving size of half a pack. When is the last time you ate just 1/2 a pack of instant ramen? A full pack, which is what most people have, is 380 calories, 126 of which are from fat, and most of the rest from white flour.

380 calories...yep. They are gonna go far on that. They'd be severely malnourished after 2 months...and likely dead after 4.

Buy...you're right....livin high they are. Steak for everyone!! LOL.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

amazing

Dead wrong, my friend. Compassion does have a place in public policy. Colonialism does not. This does not take extra money. it just takes reallocation of existing assets. But the point is, that I want my money to go to helping people and not killing people and spying on people. I also do not want a welfare state, and we could easily put training programs, rehabilitation programs in place. I do a lot for my community and volunteer quite a lot of time. Do you?

Nope, I dont volunteer. Want to know why?

Because I'm too busy spending time with my kids and running my business. I dont have time to volunteer because I run a business where I put in a lot of time so I can make the money to send to the feds because other people want to be compassionate with other peoples wallets.

Specifically what part of the Constitution authorizes spending money on your "compassionate" causes?

No need for a deflection like "what part authorizes illegal wars" blah blah blah. An actual answer as to what clause of the constitution with substantiating evidence would be nice for once.

Can you provide that?

Do you believe government exists to provide for people?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

If I post examples of the people you claim dont exist (those who live high on food stamps), will you go away and never return?

Know what else people do with food stamps? Hold on to your thong panties here.....

They sell food stamps for cash to blow on other crap like alcohol and drugs.

Tell me again why this parasites like this should continue to have custody of her kids and be subsidized by others?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

doubletap

amazing

Nope, I dont volunteer. Want to know why?

Because I'm too busy spending time with my kids and running my business. I dont have time to volunteer because I run a business where I put in a lot of time so I can make the money to send to the feds because other people want to be compassionate with other peoples wallets.

Specifically what part of the Constitution authorizes spending money on your "compassionate" causes?

No need for a deflection like "what part authorizes illegal wars" blah blah blah. An actual answer as to what clause of the constitution with substantiating evidence would be nice for once.

Can you provide that?

Do you believe government exists to provide for people?

That's funny cause I run my own business now too to pay the feds their taxes and I do spend a lot of time with my family and kids. So, you aren't unique, my friend. No deflection...apparently you feel like it's okay to invade other countries with MY money? Not cool. I think it's okay to help other people with my money.

Now, let's take this logically and take my compassion and your lack of compassion for other human's out of the equation.

We all pay in the end for foster homes, juvenile courts and jails, mental institutions, adult courts, rehabilitation programs, increased police spending, jails, prisons, welfare of all kinds. We pay for it now. When we don't help children, which is what this is about, we end up paying later when they are screwed up as adults. Whether you believe in compassion or not, you know that your money goes there now. So why not front load it and help families get out of poverty? No...? You'd rather complain about the welfare state, quote the constitution and pretend that you work harder than me. You don't.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

They sell food stamps for cash to blow on other crap like alcohol and drugs.

All 47+ million of them....sure they do. I was a fool to ever question you. You do realize that drug addiction is a sickness don't you?

Tell me again why this parasites like this should continue to have custody of her kids and be subsidized by others?

Right you are...they aren't even human...just parasites. Maybe if you starve them all they'll all just go lay down and die somewhere. Best let the kids starve too...they might grow up like their parents....filthy parasites.

Hold on to your thong panties here.....

Excellent argument. I'm convinced. Can't argue with that logic... I'm gonna just take my thong and go....

edit on 25America/Chicagopm252014-03-25T13:39:00-05:00pmTuesday03 by deadcalm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by doubletap

How about removing those children from their parents so the taxpayers dont have to subsidize even more people? 

100% unconstitutional and this needs to be appealed.

Erm.....??
I think you may have wrote that the wrong way round.
You'd take children away from their families so you dont have to pay?
Pmsl.
Sounds like what I have a canny nack of doing lol coming across in the opposite way you meant it.

There is a global similarity we all have.
It seems to me families are been ruined in favour of money.
The very meaning of families are getting erased.

The governments would like have you believe children are a burden and you must work. Fair enough but the UK for instance if I may....

The government in the UK would put families in a positionwhere both parents should be working.
.....easssssy woah there before you all fly off on one.
Mothers in particular. Im not meaning this to be sexist in any way shape or form.....so please.....

I think mothers should decide when they return to work. I think they should be given rhe option.

Children from the beginning have a closer bond to their mothers from the very start going back to the spark.
Mam's emotions relayed through the childs. When they are growing inside their mother they are also bonding.
Men bond after they are born.
Mothers for the maternal side of things and dads are more the discipline route.

What strikes me as interesting is the different ways this could be looked at.

Are families with more than a couple of kids a burden on the financial system of things thats mentioned in an interesting book, a financial system that is actually supposed to come second to life.
Large families seem persecuted yet I dont hear the government complaining when the seven children have left home and are all paying taxes.

Would that meam there should be a cap on the amount a family pays?
Thought not.

As for mothers working. It should be a choice. If you are a mother decide away, as long as it's your choice.
In the UK there seems to be a lot of this family orientated work ethic broadcasted and shouted from the roof tops yet nothing going on practically.

I think our government think women are thick.
What I see is a government putting families into a position where both parents need to work and at the same time, sacrifice that important time with your children, breaking the bonds while also making or putting them In a position where they are actually paying someone else to do what their mother could be doing.

Here is another heads up to the government. If you have read the above and understood the meaning you would see that the tipping point mentioned is near.
Do you do what is right putting life first and rebuilding the foundations or are you to continue clutching at straws to a failing and failed wicked system of things that are in place for now?

End of the world? They'd like the masses to believe that. It distracts everyone else ( the majority) into thinking it involves everyone.

An end of the world scenario for you. Someone discloses free energy technology to the world.
This would be an end of the world scenario for who?

Where as an end of the world scenario for one of those suffering famine, poverty or illness the introduction of free energy technology that is freely available would be end of the world as they know it.
Known it as a struggle to life. That world ended and the new one is born.
We could be that birth.
The problem is convincing everyone it's possible.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join