It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Epic Winter Storm Hits Atlantic Canada on Wednesday. Stock Up!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

AccessDenied

jude11

AccessDenied

WhiteAlice
reply to post by AccessDenied

Hang in there, Access. The weather is definitely coming up to give a nasty right punch into you guys. Here's a radar loop of the last 12 hours where you can see how it formed and the scale of it.

climate.cod.edu...

That is an amazing link. It walloped us real good with snow and wind. Snow has stopped but the wind is still horrific. Supposed to be warmer today with rain. At least we don't have to shovel our driveway...the wind blew it all away!

And Saturday? +12c making way for another mini storm on Monday...Will it ever end?

Peace

Hmmm...there's been talk around here of suing Shubie Sam.

Well, someone has got to pay!

This morning, Environment Canada reported NO snow in Fredericton on Rick Howe and only 8 cm in Truro...WTH?

Peace

Peace

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

If that is true what the heck did they close the Trans Canada between Truro and Moncton for? Was it bad for only a short time? Lucky buggers in Freddytown...*grumble ,grumble

Edited to add this..because I don't know who informed who that Truro only got 8cm...they got BURIED...
Snow Drifts
edit on 28-3-2014 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Part of the reason for the varying degrees of snowfall is probably due to terrain differences. Trees, hills, mountains, lakes, or even buildings and streets--all those and more affect the way a specific weather pattern may present itself as a microclimate within the existing climate. Hence why sometimes a particular street can have even higher sustained winds than others because of the direction, flatness, funnel effect of buildings and etc. Every time there is a windstorm, there is always one stretch of fence that gets damaged because the wind gets funneled by tall trees on one side and homes on the other. Yet we keep on repairing it because the only other option is to lose privacy, lol.

Hope that explains the varying snowfalls and effects of the storm.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Yes, I have since learned what areas around here get worse weather than others. Silly me,I chose this location based on the summer weather,not caring much about winter. Boy am I schooled now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join