It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Epic Winter Storm Hits Atlantic Canada on Wednesday. Stock Up!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Hmmm...looks like a bit of a beast. Time to stock up and stay indoors, and please keep the dog and cat in!
Weather like this just isn't worth the risk of going out.

It will be interesting to see where it goes after Nova Scotia, and then Labrador. We've had a lot of storms whizz over here on the jet stream this winter, and I'm wondering if this will be another of them. I did have a feeling winter wasn't quite over yet.

Please stay safe everyone.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

jude11
reply to post by openedeyesandears

I don't buy a slice of bread and one egg everyday for groceries. It's only going to be dirty for a day/night and that will be it

Well. good luck to you/ Keep counting on the Momma bird supplying the masses.

One Day...Momma ain't gonna return to the nest. Maybe you're ok for today. But what about 2, 3, 4 Days. Still ok?

Time to be self sufficient. Where are your supplies coming from anyways?

Peace

I always have enough supplies to last me weeks. My fridge and deep freezer are both full at all time. Even if power went out for days, I still can manage, burning woods for heat and a generator for electricity if I wanted to. That storm they're calling for is to last only a day or so, no big deal for me, I've seen worst, storms lasting 7 to 8 days at a time. Don't think I don't understand the consequences for the ones living close to the atlantic ocean but for the ones living inland, it's just another storm. We'll have to dig ourselves out and move on to other things. That's Canada for you. cheers

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Wow...

This blizzard is looking like it's going to be one hell of a nasty ride.

Here's a really good weather channel explanation of what you guys in Atlantic Canada should expect to see starting in the early morning hours:

Weather Network

Tie down yer kilts laddies !

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Well , the hatches are all batten down, and the wind is picking up. Got the weather network on to follow coverage. Apparently on top of very heavy snowfall and hurricane force winds, we can expect thunder and lightening as well. Methinks this " White Juan"-abe storm might be one for the record books. If I don't log in tomorrow...COME DIG ME OUT PLEASE!!!!

Entire province shut down. No flights, no ferries, no provincial bus service, no school,malls are closed, and some bridges/causeways may shut down as well. Truckers are being told to stay off highways too. I sincerely hope that people use common sense today and STAY HOME! Prayers for the plow operators and utility workers that have to put their lives on the line over the next 24 hours.
Somebody posted earlier they stocked up at the NSLC, PARTY at your place if we survive SNOWPACALYPSE!!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The funny thing it's supposed to rain on Friday and be sunny and 9 C (48 F) on Saturday, in central NB. At least most of the snow melts in these spring blizzards so I don't have to do too much shoveling.

Satellite

Notice the 'comma' formation which is typical of systems as they pass over the maritimes.
edit on 17am3America/Chicago700000014 by saneguy because: Added link

edit on 18am3America/Chicago9u14 by saneguy because: corrected spelling

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

LOL, yeah it's intensifying big time - sorta like a winter hurricane

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
sitting here in Merryland USA with a 3" blanket of snow on the ground, winds a-howling, estimated low of 15 fahrenheit tonight.

where's that global warming when we needs it?

supposed to be 66 Saturday.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

saneguy

LOL, yeah it's intensifying big time - sorta like a winter hurricane
Its very bad here. Winds at 150 km,snow falling at 5cm per hour. Thunder,lightning. Lots of people with no power. I can hear the roof straining with the gusts. Worst thing I saw was TV coverage from Charlottetown. A ship left the harbor to sea. God dunno why. The Acadia from St. John. Winds are 180 at sea...category 1 hurricane. I pray wherever they were going,they made it safe. Meteorologist compared the Atlantic conditions now, to the George Clooney movie " A Perfect Storm". Hope this big one passes soon....I've had enough.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I live in southern NH and we didn't even get a mm yet alone a cm...it is very windy though 40MPH
edit on 26-3-2014 by Cosmocow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Hang in there, Access. The weather is definitely coming up to give a nasty right punch into you guys. Here's a radar loop of the last 12 hours where you can see how it formed and the scale of it.

climate.cod.edu...

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

That is a an amazing animation!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

saneguy

That is a an amazing animation!

Yeah, I love the polar view of Du Page's water vapor satellite because it's really pretty amazing to watch the varied affects of what's happening up North upon the hemisphere below. The interactions of it all are just breathtaking, which probably qualifies me as a weather weirdo.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

WhiteAlice

Hang in there, Access. The weather is definitely coming up to give a nasty right punch into you guys. Here's a radar loop of the last 12 hours where you can see how it formed and the scale of it.

climate.cod.edu...

That is an amazing link. It walloped us real good with snow and wind. Snow has stopped but the wind is still horrific. Supposed to be warmer today with rain. At least we don't have to shovel our driveway...the wind blew it all away!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

lol small blessings. Glad to hear that the snow has stopped. Hopefully the wind will clear up soon as well. Looks like it's getting pushed NE and broken up along its path today. Here's hoping to more regular weather in the days ahead. The vortex is still pretty splatted out and doesn't seem to be retreating much yet. Really hoping it does warm up or retreat soon. My fiance is in Alberta and is already very sick of the cold and snow, too. Winter is probably getting really old for ya'll.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Yep, need to be hearty stock to endure a winter in Alberta. This is just so much more of a shock to us because we had green grass and very warm sunny days for a bit. I could easily have walked on the beach. Then mother nature got PMS...and here we go again. Sunny here now,but damn wind. It just will not let up. I feel like Dorothy and I'll wake up in Oz. Lol

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It wasn't that bad.

People freak out over the littlest things. I live in Atlantic Canada, we got 41cm of snow, which is only 5 or 6 more than an average snow fall over a few days for our winters.

It was the 90KM hour winds that were the problem, nobody bats an eyelash and snow fall anymore.

I have some tree damage other than that everything is ok

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
It wasn't that bad.

People freak out over the littlest things. I live in Atlantic Canada, we got 41cm of snow, which is only 5 or 6 more than an average snow fall over a few days for our winters.

It was the 90KM hour winds that were the problem, nobody bats an eyelash and snow fall anymore.

I have some tree damage other than that everything is ok

~Tenth

We only got about 20cm of snow here, but yes the winds are definitely still the problem here. If I still lived inland, I probably wouldn't be as freaked out. But this is my first winter in the north east, and my first experience with les suete winds. Compounded by the fact I live in a 150 year old drafty farmhouse...you get the picture.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

AccessDenied

WhiteAlice

climate.cod.edu...

That is an amazing link. It walloped us real good with snow and wind. Snow has stopped but the wind is still horrific. Supposed to be warmer today with rain. At least we don't have to shovel our driveway...the wind blew it all away!

And Saturday? +12c making way for another mini storm on Monday...Will it ever end?

Peace

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

jude11

AccessDenied

WhiteAlice

climate.cod.edu...

And Saturday? +12c making way for another mini storm on Monday...Will it ever end?

Peace

Hmmm...there's been talk around here of suing Shubie Sam.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join