It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aborted babies incinerated to heat UK hospitals

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Im not sure about the miscarriages, but abortions dont exactly involve bodies, so Im not sure what people would have them do with a clump of dead cells. People wont allow them to be used for good, so what, then, is the alternative?
edit on 24-3-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

edit on 3/24/2014 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

Abe my friend, you took the words right out of my mouth.
Those stem cells are lookin mighty good.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Blundo

The bodies of thousands of aborted and miscarried babies were incinerated as clinical waste, with some even used to heat hospitals, an investigation has found. Ten NHS trusts have admitted burning foetal remains alongside other rubbish while two others used the bodies in ‘waste-to-energy’ plants which generate power for heat. Last night the Department of Health issued an instant ban on the practice which health minister Dr Dan Poulter branded ‘totally unacceptable.’ At least 15,500 foetal remains were incinerated by 27 NHS trusts over the last two years alone, Channel 4’s Dispatches discovered.

This is just disgusting. I know we want to save energy, but this is going way to far.

what do you guys think?

ref- telegraph.co.uk

edit on 24-3-2014 by Blundo because: forgot link

This got me thinking....maybe Hitler was just simply trying to heat the place!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Honestly what's worse: aborting a child in the first place (I'm not talking about rape induced pregnancies or miscarriages, both of which are just tragic, I'm talking about irresponsible people having irresponsible intercourse when they can't take care of the "fruits" of their sexual relationhip), or the way these UK hospitals supposedly are handling the aborted fetuses? What else are they supposed to do with these abortion victims - and that is exactly what they are: victims who had their lives cut short before even being born.

Every healthy human being should be given a chance at life - and while I don't condemn abortion because in my mind there are extreme scenarios in which abortion should be an option - I think our society should be open to honest, reasonable discussion about what life is and when, if at all, abortion is OK. Religion seems to dominate that discussion currently, and I don't think the religious beliefs of many people should impact the law governing all people.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Over one billion abortions world wide since Roe vs Wade

I often wondered who would make up the army of the saints with the white robes, what souls would qualify as pure?

Those who were unjustly slain.

Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder,

I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand.

true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
edit on 033131p://bMonday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
What's the alternative, animal feed?

Apologies for appearing cold...but I don't understand the sensibilities that exist over dead meat, be it human or not.

We should care more for the living and the process of dying.

Think a good point was made about the incineration of meat consuming more energy than it creates. Promession could be a better alternative, and less emotive.

I have lost a baby, but wasn't sentimental about the remains. I just don't get why you would be...the meat holds nothing...feels no pain, feels no love.

It just decays....

For all I care, when I die just put me in a skip.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
How many babies do you kill before you have a surplus of carcases to say "hey let's use these to heat a hospital". I think there is a bigger problem at hand than just energy bills. O.o I mean a unborn baby aren't that big really how late are they murdering these babies?

Welcome to earth do you expect anything less from our species.... NOPE! I'm surprised the hospital hasn't started putting kids in hamster wheels for lights.... Seriously.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

They surely aren't just burning aborted fetuses but whatever materials they cut out of people during amputations, surgeries, tumors, cysts, etc... they can't just throw that kind of stuff in the trash. I'd say a large hospital would generate quite a large amount of that kind of material every day.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmikDebris

I'm sure there has to be some kind of greener way of handling organic wastes. If we can process sewer waste I'm sure this stuff isn't much harder. Maybe it's just that I think we should be farther along in the disposal of such things rather than burn it for heat which is already produced from burning stuff. Doesn't seem like it is a forward thing to do.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Either human life matters or it doesn't.

Is life sacred? Or are we just walking bags of Useless meat.

I mean really, at some point isn't there a line? where materialism has to give way to some form of decency?

Im not trying to make this philosophy, or religious, but even in an all materiel universe should we not at least view the potential for consciousness as at least important enough to respect a little bit?

Stem Cells is at least trying to make the human condition better.

This... This, makes me disgusted with Humanity as a species .

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
our local NHS hospital has a massive incinerator and from what i've seen it takes in all bits of human anatomy including soiled pads and basically anything that should not be found on a public tip, if you want something out of your body then you should ask whats going to happen to it if you really want to look after it but if you abort a fetus i'm sure you aint wanting to purchase a plot for it 99% of the time

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
?? Its decaying flesh.. What the hell is so horrible about incinerating it.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Maxatoria
our local NHS hospital has a massive incinerator and from what i've seen it takes in all bits of human anatomy including soiled pads and basically anything that should not be found on a public tip, if you want something out of your body then you should ask whats going to happen to it if you really want to look after it but if you abort a fetus i'm sure you aint wanting to purchase a plot for it 99% of the time

Gee, people have more concern for their pets.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It may warm the body, but this certainly chills my soul.

2nd line.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

But that's the problem. You can make a non-religious argument for it based on the fact that clearly, at some point, a baby is viable inside the mother much earlier than a full-term pregnancy thanks to medical science, so why should we allow a woman to abort that child beyond that point? It's a reasonable question based on medical science, not religion at all. However, as soon as you make it, those who want abortion on demand at any point up to full term accuse you of being a religious zealot trying to jam your religion down their throats.

It's not just one side in this debate that uses religion as a convenient wedge.

link   
Dead is dead....bodies tend to stink....everything goes back to stardust.....
Youse is entirely too squeamish....
what if the fetusueslimbs failed organs etc.... may contain diseases?
Leave it alone its the most practical sensible solution....unless you want em to turn em into fertilizer?

This just more anti abortion propaganda anyways
edit on 24-3-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

link   
this sickens me. mankind is sick and getting sicker by the day.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Look here,

I imagine they would think we were the barbarians.

www.newscientist.com...

Two ice-age human infants, buried together with great ceremony, have been discovered on a hillside overlooking the Danube in Austria.

The pair, who may well be biological twins, were found near Krems in northern Austria by Christine Neugebauer-Maresch of the Austrian Academy of Sciences and her colleagues.

The remains have yet to be carbon-dated but are thought to be at least 27,000 years old, because other artefacts from the area have been dated to between 40,000 and 27,000 years old. During this period, which falls within the Upper Palaeolithic, Neanderthals were superseded by modern humans, who were developing increasingly sophisticated hunting abilities and forms of culture.

The babes were placed side by side in their grave and protected beneath a woolly mammoth's shoulder blade, which was propped up by pieces of mammoth tusk. The bodies were wrapped in a material such as animal hide that has since deteriorated and were covered with ochre.

Neugebauer-Maresch told New Scientist that more than 31 ivory beads were also found at the burial site. "They had been buried with much ritual - it is really very interesting," she says.

They had been buried with much ritual
edit on 033131p://bMonday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

marbles87

I'm sure there has to be some kind of greener way of handling organic wastes. If we can process sewer waste I'm sure this stuff isn't much harder. Maybe it's just that I think we should be farther along in the disposal of such things rather than burn it for heat which is already produced from burning stuff. Doesn't seem like it is a forward thing to do.

Now you are saying put em through a Giant Macerator like #!

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join