It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pro-ObamaCare bumper sticker

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I'll say this first. I am not and never will be PC.
Secondly, I have a reasonable suspicion, that because there are some overly sensitive, thin skinned people here, they will want this OP trashed. Gee, no conspiracy there.
My daily reading found another example of The Liberal rip-off's attempts to dissuade, confuse, and legitimize their bastardization of known and accepted symbols, into accepted mainstream intellection.
The first example that comes to mind is the rainbow. The rainbow is known for G_D's promise of not to destroy mankind with a flood. The new interpretation, is the LGBT rainbow flag, and how "everything is OK" with this. The second, is the newest nefarious injection, the Gadsden Flag.

www.foxnews.com...

This article states,"A President Obama-aligned group trying to drum up enrollment for ObamaCare is giving away bumper stickers that spoof the Gadsden flag -- a symbol informally adopted by the Tea Party movement and, for that reason, long derided by Democrats. "

And this brings me to the third example.
I find it interesting how the MSM labels "ALL" people displaying The Gadsden Flag, as tea bagers.

The Gadsdan Flag history is thus, " the Second Continental Congress authorized the mustering of five companies of Marines to accompany the Navy on their first mission. The first Marines enlisted in the city of Philadelphia, and they carried drums painted yellow, depicting a coiled rattlesnake with thirteen rattles, and the motto "Don't Tread on Me." This is the first recorded mention of the future Gadsden flag's symbolism.
At the Congress, Continental Colonel Christopher Gadsden represented his home state of South Carolina. He was one of seven members of the Marine Committee who were outfitting the first naval mission.
Before the departure of that first mission in December 1775, the newly appointed commander-in-chief of the Navy, Commodore Esek Hopkins, received the yellow rattlesnake flag from Gadsden to serve as the distinctive personal standard of his flagship. It was displayed at the mainmast.
Gadsden also presented a copy of this flag to the Congress of South Carolina in Charleston, South Carolina. This was recorded in the South Carolina congressional journals on February 9, 1776:

Col. Gadsden presented to the Congress an elegant standard, such as is to be used by the commander in chief of the American Navy; being a yellow field, with a lively representation of a rattlesnake in the middle in the attitude of going to strike and these words underneath, "Don't tread on me."

I wonder if they will use the next symbol to mean world peace.

edit on V472014Mondaypm31America/ChicagoMon, 24 Mar 2014 13:47:58 -05001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I don't really see a problem with this. You can't really mistake it for the original flag...not really. And people that support ObamaCare should be able to "fly the flag" so to speak. It's a free country.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I think Obacare has tread all over itself far worse than the American people have...

If Obamacare wasn't made as a joke, why is it so damned laughable?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

amazing
I don't really see a problem with this. You can't really mistake it for the original flag...not really. And people that support ObamaCare should be able to "fly the flag" so to speak. It's a free country.

I agree, I can't really get that angry over a bumper sticker.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
i gonna get some of that bumper sticker stock made for printers.
and make my own little p boy sticker and use obamas head for the o.

well i did a search and i've already been beat to it.
edit on 24-3-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

wouldn't it have been better to use a Caduceus or Rod of Asclepius, instead of that crappy looking job with the stethoscope, i would think most people would recognize at least the caduceus (even tho medical in not the right use of it lol), easier.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Lol. I find this amusing and childish.. amusing that someone would openly support the joke that is the "ACA". Childish to mock the gadsden as if it's an attempt to try and insult conservatives.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

amazing

I giggled a little when I read your last sentence.

It's a 'free country'?

If you don't consider the NSA intercepting your phone calls, drones flying overhead and the TSA doing whatever the hell they feel to be a violation of your freedoms then I guess you're right it's a free country.

Oh and don't forget about Obamacare now you don't even have the freedom to decline medical insurance! Well I guess you can decline the coverage if you don't mind paying a ridiculous fine.

Sure it's a free country.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
swastika" comes from the Sanskrit svastika - "su " meaning "good,"

It was around LONG before the Nazi's got ahold of it and made it something bad .

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
A cry-baby right winger thread?

That's a new one!

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I see that my OP was moved out of the Political Madness forum to Off Topic.
No conspiracy there.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I'll say this first. I am not and never will be PC.

Well, I'll say this first then. I would rather listen to someone, non PC than some flower spewing PC, BS artist. They tend to be more honest and speak from the heart.

But as far as this bumper sticker goes, I have to agree with some other posters. It's a crap job, looks like a child did it, and I would laugh at anyone with it on their car.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

This kind of reminded me of this, from what I read on this site Obama is not too popular at the moment, this is hysterical for us english viewers but I think it was a set up for the filming of this.
Top gear is a popular car show in the Uk hosted by three characters with wildly different personality's,.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 24-3-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

The stickers say "Don't Tread On My Obamacare" and are free for anybody who connects with the Facebook page run by OFA, which is the nonprofit spinoff of President Obama's campaign committee.

OFA giving away ‘Don’t Tread on My Obamacare’ stickers

COOL!

I'm getting one for Beezer

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

BritofTexas

The stickers say "Don't Tread On My Obamacare" and are free for anybody who connects with the Facebook page run by OFA, which is the nonprofit spinoff of President Obama's campaign committee.

OFA giving away ‘Don’t Tread on My Obamacare’ stickers

COOL!

I'm getting one for Beezer

LOLZ

You sick, sick, sick man!

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Oh yeah, nothing makes me want to sign up for Obamacare like a cheap parody of the Gadsden flag.

It's neither clever or original. Not that I would expect anything clever or original coming from that cult.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Violater1

And this brings me to the third example.
I find it interesting how the MSM labels "ALL" people displaying The Gadsden Flag, as tea bagers.

Isn't that because the Tea Party used it so much? I would hardly blame the media for that. In fact, I can't think of a logo for the Tea Party aside from that flag.

Violater1
I wonder if they will use the next symbol to mean world peace.

Much like the Tea Party flag, the Swastika was stolen by the Nazis. It is an ancient symbol used by many cultures with a positive message. It's funny you used this as an example.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Can't wait to see these after one rainfall.

They'll be fading and peeling off and dirtying the streets !!!

And that would be assuming in advance the glue is any good to begin with.

Whatever sticks I guess.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

JHumm
swastika" comes from the Sanskrit svastika - "su " meaning "good,"

It was around LONG before the Nazi's got ahold of it and made it something bad .

Exactly.
Just like the Rainbow "flag"

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Seeing that just wants me to throw up all over the key board, how dare then disgrace the "don't tread on me" quote.

Only that crowd would like this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join