It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF you put her in the Hospital she'll die... What?!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I have an elderly grandmother that lives with me... she has dementia unfortunately

She recently developed a bad cough so we took her to the clinic...

the doctor says she has the start of pneumonia, she belongs in the hospital, but if you take her there she'll die...

WTF!!!

In my town we just got a brand new hospital... its horrible, the standards are lower then I've ever seen... and they don't take care of patients at all... they closed two perfectly fine hospitals to build this new one, which is worse then both of the previous ones combined

But its pretty...

WTF is wrong with this world?!? How F****n twisted is it when a sick person has a better chance of dying then getting better when you send them to the hospital??

Needless to say she won't be going there, we can take care of her at home...

Though the disgusting part of this story is... the doctor wasn't kidding...

I work with the elderly... and recently one of my residents had a fall, and broke his hip... he was alright, but needed surgery...

They sent him to this hospital... two days later he came back in rough shape...

And that night... he died

this was going to go in the "social issues" forum, but its more of a rant...

In Canada we are supposed to have one of the best medical systems in the world...

IF this is the best we can do... I couldn't even imagine what other countries are like...

Our world is sick ladies and gents... We need help... badly!!

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
In our local big hospital not many people actually die there, they kick you out if you are dying so that it keeps their rating up. They just get you in really rough shape and send you home or to a nursing home to die.

They recently got taken over by a new hospital so they may be better than they used to be. I haven't known too many people who have gone there since they took over. The old policy was to run a lot of tests and keep you coming back, not heal you. Support your local hospital workers and stay sick.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Akragon, I hope your grandmother pulls through and at home she'll probably have the best chance of doing that. Make sure she gets lots of liquids it will keep the congestion loose and easier to get up by coughing. Hopefully this dr gave her an antibiotic.

It's a sad case what the medical system world wide has come too. I just had this conversation not even a half and hour ago. I have said in previous posts that going into a hospital these days may give you more than you came in with.

Medical everywhere needs an overhaul and it can start with those that choose to enter the field by waning to ease suffering and not a means in which to become wealthy, that would be a great start in the right direction.

I'm also editing this to say, I think it's truly caring and loving for you to have taken in your grandmother, many blessings to you!

edit on 24-3-2014 by 2manyholes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

At risk of stating the obvious here....I highly suggest you inquire regarding the basis of the Dr's highly surprising statement.
edit on 24-3-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: spelling

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You are right its insane, hospitals now have become a reflection of collective unconsciousness. Same thing happens here, heaps of money for a flash new looking hospital but the love and TLC needed is completely absent . Disabled, elderly or high needs patients get euthanised or neglected . The agency that deals with patient rights and the (HRC )human rights does nothing.This will pass.
Sending my love to you and grandmother.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Let me guess......

They had a huge ribbon cutting ceremony where the politicians got to say how proud they were to fund this new state of the art facility????

Other than that snide comment, I really don't know what to say.

Pretty disturbing though to hear a story as horrible as the one you presented though OP!

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Right I don't know what country you are in but I am British and my mother is now 81 and lucky to be alive, She went for treatment at Clatterbridge for suspected bowel cancer and was placed on the Ricky Tomlinson ward named after the actor, she was only meant to be in for 2 week's, recieve chemo and radio therapy and then come home to continue with two further courses, she only had the first and while she was in the hospital she saw on that ward a young woman whom was fighting to try to get out of there then she was lying there on the bed listless like they had doped her with her arm hanging out, they left her like that for two day's, she saw dead people being wheeled off the ward and on the second week they never gave her any food, one of the nurses asked her if she would please stay in a third week.
My mother said no, a large sallow skinned doctor with curly black hair said to her in an intimidating manner "We can keep you in if we want",.

My mother was a nurse herself when she was very young but had already known that from the 1970's if you were over a certain age you took your own life in your hand's if you went into hospital.

She had two packet's of gingernut biscuits in her bag and lived on them for the second week, she does not eat much anyway but when it came time to go a good nurse and a good man helped her to get home, my mother felt a very strong presentment that she was in danger and Where my mother is concerned I would trust her on that.

At this time a medican regimen called the liverpool care pathway was in full swing, now to explain it the government would pay the hospital £4000 for every one that they successfully placed on the liverpool care pathway, what exactly is the liverpool care pathway in practice.

No food or water until the patient dies, so it is starvation but they call it end of life care,.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.bbc.co.uk...
www.gov.uk...

So it is essentially an act of murder through denial of care.
There has to this day been no police investigation or prosecution for these acts of state sanctioned Euthenasia against unwilling victim's.
It saves on pension costs and long term care cost's for the government so they can cut the tax and give the wealthy tax break's.
What did all these people whom lived through the war or even fought for this country fight for when this is how they are treated.

The doctor was a good man as he told you the truth and he stuck his neck on the line to do so, If you are wealthy though no problem as you will recieve all the care you need while if you are an organ donor for the NHS the odd's are your organs will be put onto an international database and sold abroad by the hospital administrator's.

In Britain the brave new world of the twenty first century anyway.

I still have my mom and hope your nan pull's through and get's well, Peace and god be with you.

Ps sorry if my reply seem's cynical but is truth.

edit on 24-3-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
You'll be in my thoughts ...
And GOOD FOR YOU that you are helping to take care of your grandmother.

You are a good soul.

That being said .. Hospitals kill people.
Sure, they help some folks. But they kill others.
(don't get me started on all the mistakes doctors have made with me ... ugh!)
It's a crap shoot ... IMHO

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Thinking of you and yours akragon....good thoughts coming from across the waters.....
The medical system sucks everywhere in the west...thank the Rockefellers for that.....

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Institutionalization of anything destroys knowledge, objectivity and capability. The centralizing of more and more of our civilization has consigned our lives to the circular file.

These are all symptoms of the "great society" and the continuing socialization of humanity.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

mmm... comment taken back.

sorry to hear.
edit on 24-3-2014 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about your gran. Hope everything works out ok for you and the family.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The more people that come between your doctor and you (or the person being cared for; the more likely this is). This is the evil of allowing any institution, be it insurance or government, between you and the doctor.

It's also a matter of knowing who's doing the work. My grandmother had to have a knee replacement, and we had a line on someone who knew the available replacement surgeons in our area. He was able to make sure she was referred to one who was well-known to be very, very good. She was in a room with another lady her age who had a different surgeon. My grandmother was more or less in and out. The other lady had horrible problems - infection, then had to have the knee redone because the joint was put in backwards, and in the end, while my grandmother was released home, she had to go to a nursing home to recuperate. Same surgery, two different surgeons.

Another anecdote.

My husband drives to another smaller town where his job is. They have a hospital there that is likely as good as the one you are talking about Akragon. His coworker had one of her babies there, and throughout all the prenatal work, they missed some very big and obvious prenatal issues. The child was born with a large hole in his heart and had to be taken to a specializing neonatal in the city. This should have been discovered prior to birth. Because it wasn't, he now has deficits, and will likely not live to see his 10th birthday. Had it been discovered, they might have been able to do something about it or lessened it's impacts.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Akragon,so sorry your family is going through this. That hospital sounds just like one in northern Ontario. Many patients complain of third rate health care,and even more of senior neglect. I have no idea what the cause,but as FF posted,hospitals kill people. I have seen it happen first hand. As for your doctor,that was probably the best thing he could have told you. I have found elderly patients in hospital with pneumonia quite often just get worse.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I agree regarding the terrible shape of hospitals, even in the US. I too have seen some startling things. Are you sure the doctor didn't mean that the trip to the hospital is what would kill her, and not the hospital itself? It would not be the first time I've heard of such a thing, although I don't know if this is what the person actually meant.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
For your Grandmother, these flowers and well wishes for a speedy recovery!

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

That is absolutely true. They give up the will to live when their enviroment changes. Sometimes it best to let the elderly live in their own home enviroment without change.

*I have 20 years University Hospital experience and 10+ Home Health

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I feel for you buddy as my family is in a similar situation, grandfather is 90 and bed bound, grandmother is 89 has dementia/schizophrenia and was in hospital recently.

Long story short, she waited 3 days for a scan and all that time they kept her in bed! They don't even care if they eat or drink properly! Trust me your grandparent is better of at home as long as they have family and carers in place to help with their needs.

Hospitals just let them waste away!

So sad considering what they done for their country!

edit on 24-3-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
If you want to expose a frail, bedridden, shallow breathing elderly person to the most pathogens possible, along with sleep deprivation and godknowswhat toxic chemicals and pharmaceuticals, take them to a hospital.

They won't necessarily live longer at that point being kept at home, but at least they'll be in familiar surroundings being taken care of by people they know rather than strangers who are overworked and understaffed.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Suject: Hospital Euthanasia.
Back in the 1930's when Hoover Dam/Boulder Dam was being built when a man suffered a lifetime disabling injury and was sent to the hospital, he was just allowed to lie there in bed for three or four days until his lungs filled with fluid and he died. The doctor on the death certificate wrote "Cause of death: Pneumonia" and the Bectel Company was off the hook for being responsible for his death.
It sounds like this hospital is doing the same thing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join