It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is Bill Yenne, I'm a military and aviation author. Ask me anything.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Hi Bill,

Just checking if your still online?

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by UKGuy1805

Yes. I'm online now.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by squarehead666

I'm not so sure about the mysterious thing found in the Maldives. It is hard to tell from the pictures. The best images on the thread are pictures of things that people think it looks like, so who knows. There are tons of junk washed out of the ocean every year, much of it hard to identify.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Im in Australia ; our government insists that it will replace our F18's with F35's.We cant get the F22 because your Congress would have to pass laws to approve it but I would have thought they'd at least consider the eurofighter.Can they iron out the bugs in the F35 lemon,and would it be able to match it with current generation Migs and Sukhois our neighbours in this part of the world are getting.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RedOcToker

Thanks for your post. Generally speaking, the area Southwest of Groom Lake is part of the Nevada National Security Site, the former nuclear testing area, which is controlled by DOE. Both are surrounded by sectors of the Nevada Test & Training Range (aka Nellis Range) which contain many live fire bombing ranges. Yes, there are many roads and other interesting man-made features throughout this area.

It is entirely likely that some of these man-made things could be entrances to underground facilities. As you can see in the map in my book, there was a great deal of underground testing southwest of Groom Lake through the years, and many of these facilities, though not used anymore, are still there. There are dozens of dots on this map.

Meanwhile, the Nellis Range hosts Red Flag, and there are numerous dummy sites (SAM batteries, etc.) that are used in attack training.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Thanks for your post. The LRS-B demonstrator over West Texas? There has been a lot of talk about a next-generation strategic bomber through the years, and too much has been discussed officially (unlike "Aurora") for there not to be something of substance here. I would not be surprised if something more substatial was relesed in the not too distant future. If you're traveling in West Texas keep your camera ready. I remember the first fuzzy photos of the F-117 many years ago.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BillYenne

Thanks for coming back and continuing to answer questions. That's nice of you. If you wish you can start your own threads here as well, and do more in-depth posting of an issue that you'd like to really put some focus on.

Way back in this thread I asked a question which you may have missed. I'll go grab a link and put in here in a minute or two.

Actually, here's the whole post.

Aleister
Hi, and keep up the good work. My question concerns the ill-effects of long distance plane flights, the lower leg cramps or tightness that people are warned about (wear special socks, get up every couple of hours and walk around, etc). How do long-distance military pilots handle this, or the commercial pilots you know. Do you have any tips for this flight effect on human biology that people may not be familiar with. I'm likely taking a long intercontinental flight in the next few months, so any "professional pilot" tips would be helpful. Thanks.

Any thoughts or advice about this? Thanks again.
edit on 31-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Thanks for your post. A serious secret aircraft installation at Scott AFB? As bases go, it is relatively small in area, so I don't think so. If I was going to have a secret installation, I'd want a lot of empty ground around it. It would be more likely that such a thing would exist at a larger base, especially a former SAC base, as these always had very high security perimeters.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Stealthbomber

Thanks for your post. Plasma stealth. Yes, it is being studied, and not just here. It is the kind of promising technology that may be farther along than we know. It may also have taken a turn technologically that we "outsiders" have not predicted. Stay tuned.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by steaming

Thanks for your post. I'm glad you like the avatar. It'd a no brainer. When you have a copy of the book, you'll have a big version of your own.

Tagged Sharks and Whales? Yes, wildlife biologists have been doing this for many years with many species. Would plane tagging have helped find MH 370? Of course, but that's what the transponders that were deliberately shut off were supposed to do. Sharks can't do that. No opposable thumbs.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Dear Bill Yenne,

Do you believe in aliens? and why!

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Thanks for your post. Good to correspond with a self described oddball.

Yes, NASA put the Surveyor spacecraft on the moon in the sixties entirely by remote control, and have run many missions to Mars and beyond the same way.

Many technologies in the wrong hands could be used for mischief, but that has always been true. The original Pearl Harbor happened with 1940s technology.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Thanks for posting again. I will continue to come back and continue to anwer questions, though I'm not on every day. I'm the wrong person to ask about the physical effects of long duration flight, but I do know that you should keep active, walk around if you can, and take a couple of aspirin. Beyond that, ask somebody with medical training.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by combatmaster

Thanks for your post. To quote the graffiti on the black mailbox that I photographed for my book, "I Want 2 Believe." However, in the absence of proof, I'm a skeptic.

I wonder if the aliens believe in me. Or you.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Thanks for your response. I thought you may have had some "secret" long-duration pilot info, but I need to research it further, and with trusted medical sources. I look forward to threads that you may put up, and please consider ATS as one of your personal internet sites. Good flying!

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Thank you for your answer

You said

However, in the absence of proof, I'm a skeptic.

So i couldnt resist, but take a listen to this dying ex-CIA agent who claims he was sent to AREA 51 by Eisenhower. He says what he saw...
I know testimony isnt proof, but it cannot be ignored once you start watching! He seems sincere!

Thank you

edit on 2014-03-31T23:29:14-05:00201403bpm3103pm1431 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Bill, I have heard some of what's going on, but have you heard anything about the activity on the South Ramp at Edwards? They've been beefing up security there.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

BillYenne
reply to post by loveguy

Thanks for your post. Good to correspond with a self described oddball.

Yes, NASA put the Surveyor spacecraft on the moon in the sixties entirely by remote control, and have run many missions to Mars and beyond the same way.

Many technologies in the wrong hands could be used for mischief, but that has always been true. The original Pearl Harbor happened with 1940s technology.

Thanks for that.

Here is a video I'm sure you've been familiarized with...

Why would a sitting president take the time out of his busy schedule to produce such an address/warning?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hi Bill, hopefully I will catch you, what are you feelings about the reports and sightings of Aurora type aircraft here in the UK, Like the Boscombe Down incident and other airfields like Mcranhannish in Scotland.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join