It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
My worry is that the PTB will wait until the last second before they try to do anything. However, I think it will be too late by then. They're making too much money.
If you think of climate change as a hazard for some far-off polar bears years from now, you're mistaken.
"The polar bear is us," says Patricia Romero Lankao of the federally financed National Center for Atmospheric Research in Boulder, Colo., referring to the first species to be listed as threatened by global warming due to melting sea ice.
She will be among the more than 60 scientists in Japan to finish writing a massive and authoritative report on the impacts of global warming. With representatives from about 100 governments at this week's meeting of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, they'll wrap up a summary that tells world leaders how bad the problem is.
Scientists at the British Antarctic Survey say that the melting of the Pine Island Glacier ice shelf in Antarctica has suddenly slowed right down in the last few years, confirming earlier research which suggested that the shelf’s melt does not result from human-driven global warming.
It was only five years ago in December that Al Gore claimed that the polar ice caps would be completely melted by now. But he might be surprised to find out that Arctic ice coverage is up 50 percent this year from 2012 levels.
“Some of the models suggest that there is a 75 percent chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during some of the summer months, could be completely ice-free within the next five to seven years,” Gore said in 2008.
Feeling chilly? Here’s cold comfort: You could be in East Antarctica which new data says set a record for “soul-crushing” cold.
Try 135.8 degrees Fahrenheit below zero; that’s 93.2 degrees below zero Celsius, which sounds only slightly toastier. Better yet, don’t try it. That’s so cold scientists say it hurts to breathe.
A new look at NASA satellite data revealed that Earth set a new record for coldest temperature recorded. It happened in August 2010 when it hit -135.8 degrees. Then on July 31 of this year, it came close again: -135.3 degrees.
If you get your news from the likes of The Huffington Post and the New York Times here are some stories about Global Warming that occurred in 2013 that you probably never heard of.
1. Antarctic Global Warming Expedition Ship Trapped in Sea Ice. You may have heard about the Russian vessel trapped 100 miles away from land in 10 feet thick ice in Antarctica and how three ice breakers have failed to rescue it. What you may not have heard is this ship is filled with Climate Scientists studying Global Warming. They are comparing data from 100 years ago when there was no sea ice in the same location.
2. Yachts Trapped in Sea Ice in the Arctic Last Summer. You probably didn’t hear about all the yachts, sailboats, rowboats, and kayaks that got trapped by sea ice while trying to sail the fabled Northwest Passage. They were promised an ice free passage.
3. Global Sea Ice at Record Levels. Al Gore and John Kerry 5 years ago predicted that 2013 would be ice free in the arctic. You probably haven’t heard that the exact opposite came true. 2013 is currently at the second highest volume of sea ice ever recorded and will probably break the all time record before the season is over.
4. Half of Meteorologists Don’t Believe in Global Warming. Nearly half of meteorologists and atmospheric science experts don’t believe that human activities are the driving force behind global warming, according to a survey by the American Meteorological Society.
5. Only 75 “Climate Scientists” Believe in Global Warming. You probably have heard ad nauseum that 97% percent of “Climate Scientists” believe in global warming. That stat was based on a study which counted only 75 of 77 “Climate Scientists”. Compared to the over 31,000 scientists who have signed a petition saying they don’t believe in Global Warming. That’s only 2.3 in 1,000 or .23% of scientists that actually believe in Global Warming.
6. NASA caught fudging historical temps to make it look like the globe is warming. By massively cooling the past in their recent graphs, NASA has exaggerated the amount of warming they report by nearly twice as much as they did 13 years ago.
7. Polar Bar Population at Record Levels. Since we’ve been keeping count the Polar Bear population is estimated at a record high of 20k to 25k. 5,000 are expected to be born around the New Year in Russia alone.
8. Obama Allows Wind Farms to Kill Eagles Without Penalties. Over 50 years ago the green movement started with the book “Silent Spring” which alleged that DDT was killing the Bald Eagle. Now we have come full circle by allowing wind power companies to kill eagles without penalty because it’s “good for the planet”.
9. The Oceans Aren’t Rising. Remember in 2009 when the officials of the Maldives held a press conference under water to show that their islands were sinking because of global warming. Well a new study done in 2013 shows that there is nothing to worry about.
10. 2013 Was The Least Extreme U.S. Weather Year Ever. 2013 shatters the record for fewest U.S. tornadoes, 15% lower than previous record. 2013 also had the fewest U.S. forest fires since 1984.
11. No Global Warming For Over 17 Years. The RSS monthly global mean lower-troposphere temperature anomalies for November 1996 to October 2013 had shown no global warming for exactly 204 months – the first dataset to show the full 17 years without warming specified by Ben Santer as showing the models got it wrong.
reply to post by buster2010
The "theory" of global warming might be hard to "fix" because, well,
Global warming is part of nature and have been proven because it has happened many times. What is questionable is mankind effect on global warming and if it is causing it to speed up. Maybe it would help if you actually understood what you were talking about.
Hey, if I don't know what I'm talking about, then you missed the clue i left in my first post. Strativarius. It is purported that the reason this type of violin sounds the way it does is because the wood it is made from is "denser" than usual. the density is surmised to have been caused by the "little ice age" in Europe. Also known as the "Dark" ages. I understand that the planet has a mean temperature that changes over time, and that this can be caused by many external influences, like changes to the labrador current, geodedic precession, and average mean cloud cover/radiational cooling and even the density of dust and gas in the part of the milky way arm that we are currently careening through. I would say the polar bear and myself have one thing in common. we'll both be blessed if we stick around long enough to see the next great event in human history (World War II being the last, this cannot be debated), and that would be the advent of COMMERCIAL SPACE FLIGHT for humans. Yes, I don't know what I'm talking about, but then again, I don't use copyrighted images for my avatars either.
reply to post by buster2010
The "theory" of global warming might be hard to "fix" because, well, there is no PROOF it exists in the first place. polar bears would still dissappear, even if there weren't any angry monkeys around to build really cool things like oil wells and atomic reactors. polar bears are adopted to live in a specific climate and a specific eco-system. they could be wiped out by something as common as geodedic precession or kim kardashian! The Earth is ALREADY dead. That's not a theory. we pretty much know what happens to stars and whats going to happen to our own. the Universe is pretty big, the Mysterious Hand of the Divine made it that way for a reason. angry monkey needs room to spread out. no theory there. angry monkey also knows a bout somethng called "cloning". polar bear should be nice to angey monkey. polar bear can't hold test tube. polar bear can't run centerfuge. polar bear can't do genetic engineering. polar bear CAN be genetically engineered. yeah, pollution is bad. want clean energy? build lots more reactors, nuclear power. totally safe when you don't have reactors that are designed by GE or run by union hacks. angry monkey leearns from its mistakes. angry monkey knows Earth is already dead. angry monkey knows we have to leave. if an angry monkey can understand that, why can't the knuckelheads at ducks unlimited?