It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek vs Star Wars, aka Carrie Fisher vs William Shatner

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

openyourmind1262
reply to post by HomerinNC

Sorry Homer, But I thought that show was really lame. Even when I was a kid and watched it...it was lame. Now that I'm all grown up..even lamer

It's okay bro, no one can fault you for bad taste, or lack of good taste lol
All in good fun

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I love Carrie fisher. Always have, since a little boy. Despite her off screen antics ( look like they've taken their toll), in those 3 movies she really showed what being a woman was about. She bossed the guys around and took control of situations, while remaining feminine and sexy.

Compare her to the rather dull Kiera Knightly that today's younglings have to aspire too.

No kids I knew ever wanted a Star Trek figure..

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Domo1
I can't think of a single character in Star Trek as iconic as Darth Vader or Yoda. No one is even close.

Oh come on. Romulans. Klingons. Borg. No specific character needed for such awesomesauce. But if you want specific characters: Sela, Worf, Martok, 7 of 9 (aka Great Boobs in a Catsuit) And Vreenak of DS9 "It's a faaaaake" fame deserves an honorable mention.
Also, Q. Yoda has nothing on Q. John de Lancie nailed that character.

Speaking of Q, don't push your luck. His eyebrows haz powerz.

Star Trek is great to watch after a cocktail when you want to fall asleep.

Better after a cocktail than 5 minutes in, as with SW

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

This feud is from last year, personally I think carrie and shats have behind the scenes staged this, as it gets them a heap of free publicity and the geeks including myself love it.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Star Trek is solid series(s).

Star Wars was just a movie.

All the movies Star Wars made after the old collection is failing.

Star Trek on the other hand, getting more and more famous every movie they make.

Star War was cool when you were a kid.

Star Trek is for adults.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

star trek has its t.v. series , star wars has basically only its movies and cartoon

as far as the star trek t.v. series was concerned enterprise and before that it was better scripted and acted

as far as star wars movie franchise is concerned, the lore and character list can't be surpassed by any other space themed entertainment
star wars also blows star trek video games out of the water

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Battlestar Galactica and Star Wars above Star Trek (in my hierarchy of universes) but really, I've always liked all 3 of them pretty equally for differenct reasons.

edit on 29-3-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Onyxzyv

as far as star wars movie franchise is concerned, the lore and character list can't be surpassed by any other space themed entertainment

yes if your 12 year old you will buy that. Startrek is about humanity wheres it been and wheres it going, and the depth of its characterization allowed many tv series to be made that ran for years. It also allowed for a remake of the original Tos in a movie plot using time travel.

There is a good reason why there hasn't been nor ever will be a starwars Tv series because its characters have no depth. Its a fact, you think Han solo, Luke and chebacca with Carrie in toe have any depth, please. As for acting none of them are any good, they cant handle much beyond simple one liners, in startrek movies and Tv series there is a lot of complex dialaog and its not uncommon therefore for them to use Shakespearean stage actors. No starwars was and always will be for Kids, and Lucas has admitted point blank that was always his target audience, so don't reply back whining like a 12 year old child to me.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Star War was cool when you were a kid.

Star Trek is for adults.

Nice summary , simple to the point and so very true. I can only watch starwars now if im really drunk. I liked it when I was 12, because Lucas made it for a childs mind. As a child I remember I liked the simple dialog and special effects. Now I struggle to watch it, and actually the last three movies were virtually unwatchable. There will never be a star wars series, it has no depth.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

ok ill see you on some of your points , if you disregard zukkus, genosians, the death star, the empire fleet, and the mon calamari in terms of coolness compared to the borg and the klingons only specifically,

also you really can't compare the star wars movie franchise to the star trek multiple t.v. series as probably stated by every other nerd who has ever had this argument

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Love then both, can't compare the two - they are two distinct universes each with their good and bad points.

Now Carrie on the other hand.. i dunno about anything she says This is a woman who was talked by George Lucas into not wearing underwear on the set of Star Wars because " They didn't use underwear in the star wars universe" according to Lucas...

i suppose he wanted to be sure she didn't show panty lines in her skimpy flowing princess outfit - or he just liked looking at her read end.. LOL

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Onyxzyv

Comparing both universes is waste of time, different physics in each and Starwars was made mainly for kids to get the wow cool buzz feom and star trek for adults to peek inside the unknowns of inner and outer space.

Lucas should of let the guy who directed empire strikes back do also the Jedi then sold the franchise to Disney. Lucas didn't even write the original starwars screen play because basically he sucks a it and directing. He should of quit while he was ahead and stuck to production which is where he excels.
edit on 31-3-2014 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join