It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA 1st to get $11M 'Nuclear Fingerprinting' tech from DHS to prevent its nuking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
interesting how Israeli Consulate in LA is mentioned as poss having something to do wih this. Wonder who/what else; is this genuine prevention, or preparation underway for something more sinister ie Sum of All Fears?

Anyways, that's a whole lot of taxpayers money going toward Los Angeles. Do I feel any safer being a Los Angeles county resident? Hardly

edit on 24-3-2014 by gardener because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

WOW That was probably the most informative and amazing video I have ever seen. Professionally done to boot. GREAT find.. I applaud you on the effort you have put forth.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Los Angeles has a large Persian population, probably the largest outside Iran. If Iran wanted to hide an intelligence operative with nefarious nuclear intent, L.A. would be the obvious choice. There is also a high-volume shipping port.

This tech probably wouldn't prevent LA's nuking, but it would ensure Iran's afterward if they were to blame.

It is scientifically correct that information about radioisotopes can give information about the design and likely manufacturing process & with other intelligence, the likely location and owner of the manufacturing plant.

The first obvious cut is that thermonuclear weapons with a secondary can be distinguished from 1 stage fission primary weapons, and additionally fairly advanced and efficient weapon designs distinguished from a less advanced fission device. Both of these are consistent with a mature nuclear weapons state with a significant nuclear test history.

Something that is not informed in the video: the announcer hypothesizes about a small nuclear weapon which takes out a 'block' or '6 buildings'. In practice, those very small nuclear weapons require more advanced technology than the earliest 'standard' nuclear weapons.

As it turns out the 'natural' size for the easiest nuclear weapon for a first-time nuclear actor is about where Trinity & Hiroshima were: 10-15 kt.

Consequences:
That is much larger than the size hypothesized, which was more like 0.1 kt. L.A. has a lower population density and better construction than Hiroshima/Nagasaki in 1945, but casualties would still be very high with 10-15kt: 10,000 dead immediately, 5000 more after 2 weeks, and very large property damage.

Depending on winds the economic damage from long-term evacuation due to fallout would be tremendous---if a quarter of L.A. were condemned for 10 years for cleanup. Acts of war are excluded from all homeowner insurance policies, so you'd have many rings of newly created slums where houses were structurally smashed or burnt (even if many residents were able to survive the initial attack) and owners unable to afford reconstruction. Remember, even if your house is destroyed you still owe the mortgage. And once irradiated, the formerly high property values are nuked. There would be tremendous economic dislocation, much more than 9/11 where property damage was concentrated in a few owners who could be reimbursed quickly. There would be some reconstruction fund, but you'd have some politicial parties not willing to pay money to clean up L.A., and there would be lots of fraud & graft in reconstruction.

edit on 24-3-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I know these things can source the radioactive material, but would they be able to pinpoint the country of the bomb's origin?

Is there something about how they create bombs in one country that would create a signature different from bombs created in another as opposed to simply being able to tell that this bomb was created using material dug out of the ground in Nigeria or the U.S. or Australia?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I would not worry. If you have a problem and no one else can help you, if you can find them, you can hire The A Team, they are based in LA and can sort out any terrorist within an hour. Mr T is the muscle and brawn, he will knock 'em down for six.

Seriously though I hope nothing dire happens. As whoever would pull a stunt like this, would find themselves dangling from a very long rope. NOTHING can excuse the use of nuclear weapons, no matter what political camp you are in.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Just to clarify, LA doesn't have this yet, as he mentions in the video. They got the funding in November.

The Los Angeles area has the opportunity to obtain as much as $30 million in federal funding for detection efforts over the next half decade. [Source]

I think Atlanta should get this first seeing as every movie and show about apocalypses always mentions us first as well, as a target. It's usually, Atlanta, LA, DC, NY, and Chicago, no?
edit on 3/24/2014 by ~Lucidity because: link was messed up.

new topics

top topics

join