It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Imposes Sanctions Against Canada!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

PutinTheGreat
reply to post by demus

At least Russia is doing something about the Canada threat. All you hear from other nations are hushed whispers about a great evil to the north, few even daring to mention it by name.
edit on 26-3-2014 by PutinTheGreat because: (no reason given)

I heard of Canada plans to use their White Bear Regiment armed with maple throwers to swarm Greenland and force the Kingdom of Denmark to abandon idea of coming closer to Canadian soil ever again.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PutinTheGreat

All that comes to mind after reading what you said was South parks "blame Canada"

*how do i post videos from youtube?? It asks for video number? durp*

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Leonidas

AzureSky
Good. As a canadian i say EFF our politicians. A majority of them are all Harpers cronies anyway. He has an illegal majority and under strong suspicion of electoral fraud not to mention the other things he's done to ruin our beloved homeland. Oh and now wants election reform that is blatantly unconstitutional.

Any slight dismay that our idiots receive in office is not a problem to me.
Just don't hurt the canadian people and i think we'll be fine. (maple syrup, beer, etc)

edit on 24/3/14 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

Harper is one of the best PM's Canada has ever had. His era has been marked by prosperity and stability. The Canadian Banking system has been recognized as one of the best in the world and under the PM's guidance rode out the 2008 financial collapse better than any other country in the G8(7) and G20.

He is boring, sure. But that can be good in a politician. He is the right man at the right time.

I respect that you don't like him but that does not require hatred and hyperbole.

All the best to you.

Are you for real?

Harper is a smart politician, yes. But he most certainly has not brought prosperity for Canada.

He has brought prosperity for the elite "mandarin" class of Canadians. He has ensured that his party will always control policy by emplacing an obscene amount of conservative senators during his time. He has set up retroactive policy that will come into effect in years to come changes to the provincial transfer payment system that will drastically cut our social Medicare in an attempt to portray it as a failure and implement medical industry austerity and privatization (a predictable crisis).

He has been working on numerous free trade alliances, still having faith in NAFTA which has never benefitted Canadians in the least.

He has quite literally gutted science in general. Most science projects and organizations in the federal government were arbitrarily cut and destroyed because they were providing critical data on climate change and the effects of industry on the environment- which ultimately threatens foreign investment. Virtually every federal scientist was handed gag orders about this entire fiasco, which literally meant that government security agents were assigned to follow them around and record what they say at international conferences. Harper's regime has since shifted all federally-supported research to R&D programs in developing resource industry technology, specifically anything to do with the tar sands.

The long-form census was abolished. What this means is that it is now impossible to accurately produce statistical data on the population of Canada. It's gone. Just like that.

Harper has nothing but contempt for rational thought and progressive science. He abandoned the Kyoto Accord, which Canada helped create. One time, Harper even emplaced a chiropractor who was 100% anti-evolution as the cabinet Minister of Science.

He promotes expansion of the tar sands by selling it off to any foreign oil company he can, without any regard for long-term effects. And consider the opportunity costs- if Athabasca bitumen is so important as a major energy commodity, then why are we liquidating this asset for such low compensation that the government collects virtually zero profit while the involved companies permanently destroy the northern Alberta landscape? Harper has no concept of what over-production is doing to the ecosystem there and does not care that so much water sucked out of the Athabasca river will actually make tar sand production unsustainable in a matter of a decade or two (hence the focus of R&D to improve the process of foreign corporations destroying our endowed natural resources).

This is just a small selection of Harper's failures as a democratic leader. Economic growth as a measure of progression is extremely flawed and ignores the obvious truth that short-term high profit is always at the expense of long-term gains. Bitumen is being sold for a fraction of what it should be, and sometimes the Albertan government won't even bother collecting the money owed to them.

Imagine what Canada could do with the tar sands in 30 years if we stop exploiting it now, with a nationalized oil industry employing high-tech bitumen refinement technology. We'd be rolling around in so much money and geopolitical power that we would be directing policy in Washington. But we are pissing it all away, and it looks nice on some charts and graphs to the technocrats.

EDIT: Oh, and don't forget his "Israel first" policy, which is tantamount to treason.
edit on 27-3-2014 by Vovin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Leonidas

AzureSky
Good. As a canadian i say EFF our politicians. A majority of them are all Harpers cronies anyway. He has an illegal majority and under strong suspicion of electoral fraud not to mention the other things he's done to ruin our beloved homeland. Oh and now wants election reform that is blatantly unconstitutional.

Just don't hurt the canadian people and i think we'll be fine. (maple syrup, beer, etc)

Harper is one of the best PM's Canada has ever had. His era has been marked by prosperity and stability. The Canadian Banking system has been recognized as one of the best in the world and under the PM's guidance rode out the 2008 financial collapse better than any other country in the G8(7) and G20.

He is boring, sure. But that can be good in a politician. He is the right man at the right time.

I respect that you don't like him but that does not require hatred and hyperbole.

All the best to you.

I almost choked on my snack when I read your post!!!! Prosperity and Stability!!!

All I have to say is ... SERIOUSLY!!!! Tell that to the thousands that lost their jobs since he's in power....

Please show me your rock 'cause I wanna go under it too! If he's re-elected next year, I'll join you!

Just saying!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

yeahsurexxx
reply to post by demus

well good for Russia.

I agree and I am in Canada. I just wish they could put the sanctions directly on the idiot in charge, well, second in charge, the jackass called harper. But really, they should be putting sanctions on the UK and the queen, because the grovellor general here is the one actually in charge for the queen's benefit. If you dig deeper however, you'll find out that it's actually Powercorp and the Bank of Canada. The Bank of Canada, probably the biggest problem (and the ones who control the NGO known as the Canada Revenue Agency), is basically controlled by ex-Goldman Sachs and ex-JP Morgan (wall street) executives picked by the IMF and they are the ones who mainly pull the strings. So if Putin wants to nuke anyone, he should start with the Bank of International Settlements, then the World Bank and IMF followed by the Bank of England and then maybe wall street and the FED will STFU and keep their noses out of everyone's business.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/27.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Teye22

Leonidas

AzureSky

All the best to you.

I almost choked on my snack when I read your post!!!! Prosperity and Stability!!!

All I have to say is ... SERIOUSLY!!!! Tell that to the thousands that lost their jobs since he's in power....

Please show me your rock 'cause I wanna go under it too! If he's re-elected next year, I'll join you!

Just saying!

Do you blame the decimation of the auto industry in Southern Ontario on him? The "Big Three" collapse is hardly the fault of the Prime Minister of Canada.

Our banking system is recognized as the best in the world.

Moves that his party made during the 2008 meltdown kept Canada in a "Slowdown" vs. a full blown disaster like America.

I dont think he is perfect. I am curious, where would you rank him amoungst:

Jean Chretien
Paul Martin
Michael Ignatief
Stephen Dion
Stephen Harper

What region of the country are you in? I am in the west.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Leonidas

Teye22

Leonidas

AzureSky

All the best to you.

Just saying!

Do you blame the decimation of the auto industry in Southern Ontario on him? The "Big Three" collapse is hardly the fault of the Prime Minister of Canada.

Moves that his party made during the 2008 meltdown kept Canada in a "Slowdown" vs. a full blown disaster like America.

Jean Chretien
Paul Martin
Michael Ignatief
Stephen Dion
Stephen Harper

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
One thing have to add, because I pin the tail on tptb donkey's, is with regards to weather wars. If for example, this would involve retaliation, ie little snowy hurricane in spring say, etc, then of course what I would say to Putin would be to get a motel room with Mr Harper, and you can take turns flushing each others heads down the toilet. BUT LEAVE THE PEOPLE ALONE EVERYWHERE. They are not the evil leaders, and their handlers.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Leonidas

I am in the west.

And if I had to choose I would say Ignatieff and Chrétien are better leaders than Harper. At least they see Canada as nation, not like how Harper sees Canada as a whore nation that should spread her legs for every other country that wants some of her goods.

edit on 28-3-2014 by Vovin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Vovin

I agree. Harper has a whole different agenda, NWO. When a government tries 3 X for a majority, throwing back to back elections, anyone that would give them that is a fool. Also always prefer minority governments.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

He got his majority because of both strategy and luck.

Strategically, his party put a lot of effort into expanding Conservative organization, effective securing a strong electorate. In terms of demographics, the Conservatives simply ignored non-conservative groups, like the youth. Considering the conservatives have so much more campaign funding than any other party, the youth in general were pretty much left out of the process.

He was lucky in that his liberal rivals, like Stephen Dion, were weak leaders. Jack Layton was a good man, but the NDP are too passive to ever get anywhere on the federal level. The Green Party is good progressive choice, but the big three consider them (along with all other parties) as "fringe" politics and would never give them equal opportunity to promote themselves, such as in national debates.

I've met Mulcair before and he is a smart guy that could do good things for Canada, in terms of social democracy, but he is yet another politician whining about the youth not caring about politics as he preaches in churches to crowds of senior citizens.

This is why Harper stands to win again, because all the other parties are weak and disorganized while Harper has the backing of corporations, pro-NATO types, capitalists, Christian-Zionists, etc etc.

And Justin Trudeau? Don't even get me started. The liberal party is a joke.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Vovin
reply to post by Unity_99

He got his majority because of both strategy and luck.

Strategically, his party put a lot of effort into expanding Conservative organization, effective securing a strong electorate. In terms of demographics, the Conservatives simply ignored non-conservative groups, like the youth. Considering the conservatives have so much more campaign funding than any other party, the youth in general were pretty much left out of the process.

He was lucky in that his liberal rivals, like Stephen Dion, were weak leaders. Jack Layton was a good man, but the NDP are too passive to ever get anywhere on the federal level. The Green Party is good progressive choice, but the big three consider them (along with all other parties) as "fringe" politics and would never give them equal opportunity to promote themselves, such as in national debates.

I've met Mulcair before and he is a smart guy that could do good things for Canada, in terms of social democracy, but he is yet another politician whining about the youth not caring about politics as he preaches in churches to crowds of senior citizens.

This is why Harper stands to win again, because all the other parties are weak and disorganized while Harper has the backing of corporations, pro-NATO types, capitalists, Christian-Zionists, etc etc.

And Justin Trudeau? Don't even get me started. The liberal party is a joke.

Whatever you think of Mulcair, he wont get a chance to enact anything he believes in. As you probably know the fantastic showing of the NDP in the last federal election was mostly based in Quebec. Many young, first time MP's. The Quebec vote ran away from the Liberals and wasn't going anywhere near the Conservatives. They have placed or parked their vote with the NDP. They will only stay with the NDP if the NDP puts Quebec first. If Mulcair tries to represent the entire nation at the expense of Quebec, the voters and many of his MP's will shift to another party. Maybe even another new "federal" party based solely in the province.

I respect your opinion, but I just dont see the nefarious Harper that you seem to believe in.

The total implosion of the Liberal Party is not a good thing. When the Progressive Conservatives detonated after the Mulroney years, the Liberals acted without any meaningful check on the other side of the isle. The Conservatives under Harper reversed the swing of the pendulum, but if there is no meaningful opposition for another decade and a half like when the PC's melted-down, we will suffer the same fate in a different political direction.

The NDP haven't really taken the Liberal's role, the NDP replaced the Bloc.

I am a fan of Harper, but I haven't drunk the kool-aid, if he turns into another Chretien or Mulrony I am out. The Liberals wont get anywhere with Trudeau because I think even die-hard Liberals know he isn't ready. The Liberals are in a rebuilding phase. Either they will rebuild or just fade away. The country has changed demographically. The migration of people to the west and the death of the CAW-run southern Ontario mean that the parties will have to change to stay relevant.

To say nothing of the Senate.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Teye22

Leonidas

Teye22

Leonidas

AzureSky

All the best to you.

Just saying!

Jean Chretien
Paul Martin
Michael Ignatief
Stephen Dion
Stephen Harper

Why the aggressive response?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Vovin

He got his majority by doing something never done before, 3 back to back elections. And you never give someone like that what he wants, ever. You sense its a conspiracy and he plans to do real harm.

Also, I consider him, his people, his backers, to have murdered Layton. The second attempt for the majority government, Layton's NDP (the party I have only voted in my life though abstain now due to them not revealing the truth, you can't rub shoulders with ritual killers and not expose them or else you're a co-murderer, and I can't endorse that with a vote). They won over 100 seats, and it was wonderful. He died quickly of fast acting prostrate cancer, something very rarely seen. You can live your whole life with it in most cases, my father had slightly more aggressive form and had surgery, but he found out alot about it.

They murdered him!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Hmm... I see the crazy Ivan supporters are out in force
here..
All Hail the Motherland

EDIT: Or is it bow and assimilate !
edit on Mon, 07 Apr 2014 11:42:23 -05004211America/ChicagoMonday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
How anyone could ever vote for a man and his goons, who laughed and made jokes over tainted food deaths, and was forced to apologize. you don't vote for them, but instead hire 1000 private investigators to expose every crime, to account for every moment of his life, so they see jail, big time. They're evil incorporated.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

crazyewok
O NO NOT CANADA!

We better all surrender to Russia

Com'on Russia you bigger balls than that! Sanctioning one of the most harmless country's in the world is something Obama would do!

--
So, by your post, your pretty much saying Russia is harmless???
Wow, something we can agree on!! Grab your weapon Wok and lets head to the front, I mean, c'mon nothing is gonna happen, jus lil ole harmless russia and their super advance, super safe, indestructible Soyuz Capsule....................................................*Ahem*

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
There's seem to be a connection between USA and UK / Can / Aus / NZ ..

everytime US did something , UK/CAN/AUS can be guaranteed to support US position (NZ might be doing it without too much fanfare like Abbott or Harper or Cameron).

I wish Can and Aus goverment can see that if they keep blindly following US foreign policy without regards of their own nation's will, they will be subject to retaliation like this sanction...

whats the next escalation ?

and why would australia and canada (and to that extent , JAPAN) blindly follow US will to sanction Russia over a made up pretext ? did any of these nations sanctioned USA for their illegal invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan , based of an illegal false flag incident and non existent WMD ? and what about the illegal attack on pakistan soil allegedly to assinate bin laden ? isnt it illegal ? where's the outcry from all the nations to sanction USA ?

the hypocrisy is too much it is almost sickening physically to read the news every day

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Russia is just mad that Canada won gold in hockey at the Olympics .

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SalientSkivvy
its in the address, copy and paste it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join