It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Imposes Sanctions Against Canada!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I just noticed the RT On Air app has been pulled from the Windows App Store. I used it to listen to RT live in HD on my PC but now I have to resort to using their website. I'm in Canada.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

swanne
reply to post by demus

from your source:

Russia, however, remains open for constructive and honest cooperation with Canada, which was notable for its pragmatism and a large area of mutual interests, particularly regarding Arctic region issues, Lukashevich said.

Yeah, right. So they are playing the double game - faithful to their tradition, they basically do whatever profits them.

you mean.... like every other country in the world? why would they do that? sounds so... normal

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I get so tired of reading post after post about every other country having problems.. or invading another country.. or laying down sanctions.. or having sanctions laid down on them.. it doesn't matter what it is, there are so many here who blame the U.S. for all the worlds problems.

Why does this site come off to me as an anti-American site more often than not?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

rickymouse
Why did Canada bring sanctions against Russia in the first place. It was the wish of a huge majority of Crimea people to join Russia. The ones who don't like this can relocate to the other parts of Ukraine, I am sure Russia won't stop them from leaving. This is between the people of the effected region, this has nothing to do with Canada or even the USA. I understand that Europe wants to exploit the resources of the Ukraine, which is not right either, but Canada should keep their noses out of this. It is not their people.

Why?

Stephen Harper holds total faith in the "free market". Canada is an economic empire. Canada maintains lax regulations on transnational mining/energy corporations and thus holds HQ's for the majority of them. Mining companies based in Canada are well experienced in exploiting conflict zones and the third world.

Ukraine has a fair amount of untapped fuel reserves. Canadian involvement in the internal affairs of other countries guarantees economic benefits for Canadian corporations. This is why Canada involved itself with Afghanistan and Libya, etc.

Also, there are a lot of Ukrainians and descended-Ukrainians living as Canadian citizens and by acting as if he cares, Harper is seeking a stronger electoral base. While there's many Russians in Canada, they don't tend to be here permanently to the degree that Ukrainians traditionally have.
edit on 25-3-2014 by Vovin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

fleabit
I get so tired of reading post after post about every other country having problems.. or invading another country.. or laying down sanctions.. or having sanctions laid down on them.. it doesn't matter what it is, there are so many here who blame the U.S. for all the worlds problems.

Because the USA, in its quest to fulfill a neo-Roman "manifest destiny" of global imperial primacy, has been the leader of enforcing global inequality, suffering, oppression, pestilence while promising tales of peace, revolution, equality, hope.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by demus

why do I feel like this is going to be used for the theme of a new south park episode.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Vovin

Sounds like a politician to me. Tell people what they want to hear but never tell them the bad parts. If discovered later, they can just blame someone underneath them.

Sounds about normal in this world. To challenge this means you are crazy.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

AzureSky
Good. As a canadian i say EFF our politicians. A majority of them are all Harpers cronies anyway. He has an illegal majority and under strong suspicion of electoral fraud not to mention the other things he's done to ruin our beloved homeland. Oh and now wants election reform that is blatantly unconstitutional.

Any slight dismay that our idiots receive in office is not a problem to me.
Just don't hurt the canadian people and i think we'll be fine. (maple syrup, beer, etc)

edit on 24/3/14 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)
I know. What we need is an alien invasion were a new political system is brought in from a alien species.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Cypress
reply to post by demus

why do I feel like this is going to be used for the theme of a new south park episode.

who knows, if Canada didn't impose sanctions on Russia maybe Ukrainian immigrants in Canada would gather in major cities and commit genocide by farthing all together in crowded locations.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

fleabit

I never take it as anti-American, anti-Canadian, etc as you do. Nobody is really anti the people or countries per se. They are anti the governments and the policies which are making the world chaotic, less safe for others to live in. Wars and politics that lead to them are a racket and used to benefit the oligarchs which essentially control governments' actions. The ordinary people are usually the victims.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   

TritonTaranis
I think after sanctions the west needs to kick out these traitors and nut jobs

Remember guys your not forced to stay here or take advantage of our welfare systems

I agree. Canada should impose sanctions on the US for "the traitors and nut jobs" in Washington for the invasions that are against International laws.
Btw, if you don't like to hear your fellow countrymen expressing their freedom of speech, North Korea might suit you...very well. A one-way ticket might be cheaper.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

smart thinking.
if only someone in the world would sanction and outlaw stupidity and ignorance.
that would be something.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Now that Obama has come to the sane realization that Russia is not the top geo-political threat I encourage America and the rest of the world to join against this nation whose very existence threatens us all. The Canada threat has long been ignored by the world community and it is now time to take decisive action. These maple syrup slurping savages have humiliated the rest of the world at ice hockey for the last time!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by PutinTheGreat

don't you worry, those Russian sanctions will show them!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

At least Russia is doing something about the Canada threat. All you hear from other nations are hushed whispers about a great evil to the north, few even daring to mention it by name.
edit on 26-3-2014 by PutinTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

luciddream
Umm.. why is Canada getting involved with Russia.

Stay the fack out Canada.

I gotta find those Canadian Officials that got involved in that and ship them to US.

I would say "go home Yankee!" like I shouted at a protest, but have a feeling the US has its own problems and doesnt want these guys added to it.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

PutinTheGreat
reply to post by demus

At least Russia is doing something about the Canada threat. All you hear from other nations are hushed whispers about a great evil to the north, few even daring to mention it by name.
edit on 26-3-2014 by PutinTheGreat because: (no reason given)

Yes, well we even train our squirrels on ninja attack mode, and the moose are deadly.

Molson Canadian - I Am Canadian - Beaver Attack! -Commercial
edit on 26-3-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Its real good question to ask, why cant ppl have say on in all this mess already? Its obvius these politicians etc aint speaking the ppls minds in all the places and stops but its scary to watch how they act on behalf some greed and rivalry time after times, aint we seen where this leads every single time, it aint obviusly peace but war and then we who survives, pick the pieces and get back to same old ride along, again.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by romilo

People could have a say, but they never do the work they came to do, they are unable to understand that you can't be a child and accept whatever corrupt system is over you. Here, we have a dysfunctional form of democracy, but at least it still does accord some freedoms and we could organize and work in unity, win/wins, mom and dad's energies combines, the best of left and right, equality and freedoms, to become the first level of government, to solve local problems, ie homelessness, land donations, yurts and aquaponics, create clean energy, and deal with all the land usage and bylaws, along the way. Flex muscles, grow stronger and then only elect our own...!!!!

People don't even do this, they don't form democracy watchdog counsels and have instant buttons to push to alert whole groups to take actions, like 80% with bullhorns in their faces. That is my choice, when the letters and phone calls don't work.

The problem is, once every 5 years or so, you get the privilege of voting in a dictator, but for some reason there is no eject button.

Without an eject button to get rid of mistakes, you can't possibly have a democratic nation.

Also, winner take all politics is the worst form of democracy. Norways proportional democracy is much better.

An example of winner take all politics that really drove it home for me, was an election where they took a majority government, but due to the way they carve up ridings, it turned out that amongst those who showed up, roughly 60 percent voted NDP and Green, and somehow they pulled off their majority on a 40% province wide (roughly). Then of course, you start hearing, "the people have spoken", the "will of the people", giving them their "mandate". What a pile of crock!

this same government that then proceeded to destroy our legal aid, take away counseling for children, AND, sell our BC Hydro.

That was funded by tax dollars, provided cheap electrical to the province, while still turning a profit which was sunk into other programs, so great a success it was! Quickly hide that, they took it and sold it to Americans, and our electric is now close to 400 a month with a heat pump furnace. Outrageous. Its like you paid off your morgage on your home, they steal it and sell it to Americans who rent it out to you at premium prices.

Things like that were taken to court and the courts agreed that elected minions are not sales people for the countries assets and joint projects, tax dollar funded. However, they went ahead and crafted new laws that let them do this, and no one blinked an eye, or won at least. Well, I have a list as a witness they'll be answering to when they cross over.
edit on 26-3-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

AzureSky
Good. As a canadian i say EFF our politicians. A majority of them are all Harpers cronies anyway. He has an illegal majority and under strong suspicion of electoral fraud not to mention the other things he's done to ruin our beloved homeland. Oh and now wants election reform that is blatantly unconstitutional.

Any slight dismay that our idiots receive in office is not a problem to me.
Just don't hurt the canadian people and i think we'll be fine. (maple syrup, beer, etc)

edit on 24/3/14 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

Harper is one of the best PM's Canada has ever had. His era has been marked by prosperity and stability. The Canadian Banking system has been recognized as one of the best in the world and under the PM's guidance rode out the 2008 financial collapse better than any other country in the G8(7) and G20.

He is boring, sure. But that can be good in a politician. He is the right man at the right time.

I respect that you don't like him but that does not require hatred and hyperbole.

All the best to you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join