It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Imposes Sanctions Against Canada!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by demus

Its just sickening, The general public has nothing to prove to the rest of the world (except for Hockey) that is how we remain being on everyones good sides.

We need to be neutral in this situation, we do not have the military power to back our words up. We only have a small deffence system, its nothing like Russia's or USA's militaries.

As far as I know we still dont have those new fighter jets from Lockheed & Martin yet. Our current Jets would just be outmatched by Russia's superior Stealth Jets.

In the end I hope Harper backs off for Canada's sake. Why didn't people vote Jack latin for PM when we had the chance..

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

InspiredByDesign
reply to post by rickymouse

So by that logic, if I get 80% of the people on my street to vote to secede to Russia, then we should just be allowed to do so, no questions asked.

That is not the same thing. The Ukraine has been entangled with Russia till just recently. It is the opposite of what you said...It is like since 20 percent of people on your street decided to leave ties with the USA and go to russia than you have to go to Russia. Just in reverse. The New government in Ukraine is the point of perspective, that new government is what chose to switch sides, not most of the people in the Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

You make some good points but Harper still remains a butlicker in everyones eyes here in Canada.

Canadians generally do not like Harper for many reasons, one just happens to be that he is a kiss ass to whom ever is the President of the USA. This is getting too off topic though.

If countries would have obeyed their treaties NONE of us would be in this situation.

Has anyone else thought that the treat of ww3 has replaced the threat of Terrorist attacks as a means to keep people scared and numb to the reality of whats really going on? Ie the terror level on every newstation in the united states during the last Bush administration.
edit on 28314p12824 by snypwsd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
O NO NOT CANADA!

We better all surrender to Russia

Com'on Russia you bigger balls than that! Sanctioning one of the most harmless country's in the world is something Obama would do!

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

yeahsurexxx
reply to post by demus

well good for Russia.

Yes I second that and lets not forget who started to play these silly games

Mr Putin might not be perfect but he is a darn site better than any front-line leader that comes out of Washington

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'm going for honey images.vfl.ru... sanctions President Barack Obama denied the right to enter the store honey... Harper also do not expect

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Oh no, no Stoly vodka and nesting dolls for Canada.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

...So they are playing the double game - faithful to their tradition, they basically do whatever profits them.

So you think this is ideological, not just another round of Global Corporate Monopoly? Which is by definition a double game doubled ad nauseum.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
And for everyone who had any doubts ...

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by snypwsd

I see your point. lots going on to keep the US "media" off the topic of their in-house "ills"....

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think after sanctions the west needs to kick out these traitors and nut jobs

Remember guys your not forced to stay here or take advantage of our welfare systems

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
All I see is a lot of people thinking Harper has any choice in the matter. He's NOT a president. He's a Prime Minister.
The Prime Minister to whom? Who, or what does he pledge allegiance to in his oath of office?

Certainly, sure as hell not the people, nor the flag. It's just as well he should be reading off a teleprompter.
Excuse the grotesque liberal banner in the video... As if they are anything other than what Harper is.
Case in point.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Bellor

Lol well economic sanctions are about all Canada can do. Surprisingly, the Russian economy (GDP) is only 11% larger than Canada's, despite having over 4x the population. The low impact will be due to the fact that Russia is such a minor trading partner to Canada, rather than a question of clout.

In 2012, Canada–Russia merchandise trade totalled $2.7 billion, comprised of $1.7 billion in Canadian exports to, and $1.0 billion in imports from, Russia

For Canada, this only represents 0.4% of exports and 0.2% of imports overall, so it's really not very impactful.
edit on 25-3-2014 by yoking because: My stats were wrong... Originally they only applied to a small sector of the economy.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Jesus H Christ...

The price of Borscht is going to skyrocket

Oh the Humanity

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by yoking

maybe, but it is a statement.

more intended for American partners and Canadian voters.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

soficrow
So you think this is ideological, not just another round of Global Corporate Monopoly? Which is by definition a double game doubled ad nauseum.

Au contraire, I think they hide their dirty Corporate Monopoly tricks under th noble banner of "ideologies". The truth is, they don't have much ideology. They just do whatever profits them.

In the early 20th century, when Russia was still in its beginning, Russia was supposed to exclusively be communist. Well, it didn't last very long.

After three years of war and the 1921 Kronstadt rebellion, Lenin declared the New Economic Policy (NEP) in 1921, which was to give a "limited place for a limited time to capitalism."

source: en.wikipedia.org...

Lenin just did whatever could keep himself on the throne. Including throwing his "noble ideologies" out of the window .

edit on 25-3-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
If the Canadian geese don't stop shi*tting in my yard, I'm also going to be forced to impose sanctions against our neighbors to the north, eh.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Fellow canadian anatidae here. I sure hope you weren't not talking about me, mate.

reply to post by yoking

Yeah, but what does Russia try to achieve? We all know that sanctions won't do much to Canada. Surely Russia knows that too!

edit on 25-3-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

TritonTaranis
I think after sanctions the west needs to kick out these traitors and nut jobs

Remember guys your not forced to stay here or take advantage of our welfare systems

same to you...eh?

back on topic:
just listening to an interview with a ukrainian
(power hour w/ Joyce O'Riley usa capt ret )
it is being reported in the US press that the ukrainians are to turn their guns in
guess what?
the ukrainians don't have much in the way of guns
thats how the nazis that hiel harper supports got in there in the first place

this is why the US better not give up their guns
your vote fraud installed nazi goverment will then dance YOU outside mr american patriot

edit on Tueam3b20143America/Chicago20 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

i wonder how harper compares his 40 percent minority to vlads 90 plus in crimea
hes an oil patch accountant,he can do math
edit on Tueam3b20143America/Chicago38 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Umm.. why is Canada getting involved with Russia.

Stay the fack out Canada.

I gotta find those Canadian Officials that got involved in that and ship them to US.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join