It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Imposes Sanctions Against Canada!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The games go on.

Russia Imposes Sanctions Against Canada

Moscow has imposed sanctions on Canada in response to sanctions that Ottawa earlier introduced against some Russian officials in connection with the situation in Ukraine, the Russian Foreign Ministry has said.

edit on 24-3-2014 by demus because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2014 by demus because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

well good for Russia.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

Wonder when all this lollipop denying is going to end. Tired of leaders acting like kids on the worlds playground.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Sanction me Putin.....take away my poutine! nyuk nyuk.....
Just don't screw with the beer supply or there WILL be negative consequences....

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

from your source:

Russia, however, remains open for constructive and honest cooperation with Canada, which was notable for its pragmatism and a large area of mutual interests, particularly regarding Arctic region issues, Lukashevich said.

Yeah, right. So they are playing the double game - faithful to their tradition, they basically do whatever profits them.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Good. As a canadian i say EFF our politicians. A majority of them are all Harpers cronies anyway. He has an illegal majority and under strong suspicion of electoral fraud not to mention the other things he's done to ruin our beloved homeland. Oh and now wants election reform that is blatantly unconstitutional.

Any slight dismay that our idiots receive in office is not a problem to me.
Just don't hurt the canadian people and i think we'll be fine. (maple syrup, beer, etc)

edit on 24/3/14 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

The nerve of Putin!!!
Time to send Canada's secret weapons over to Moscow I think:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Had me laying on my desk dying
Thanks for the laugh!

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
you know when the kids are playing and poking each other and after some time as one push too far and another one get insulted or threatened it turns into a real fight.

I'm not saying it's going to happen but there is a possibility...

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
As a Canadian, I am torn.

I can't blame Putin for firing back against our Obama puppet we call a Prime Minister. Did he consult the people in his rhetoric against Russia? Did he consult the multitude of Ukrainians and Russian citizens that he takes his paycheck from?

No.

Many are not even aware that he's licking Obama's back side once again. Decisions like this happen in the Dead of night as if a lesson from US Decision making.

But I'm Canadian so I should stand with my Country even if I feel it's teetering towards the abyss with the US?

I Dunno...

I think I'll just stand as a resident of Earth and tell them all to grow up or go to hell.

Peace

edit on 24-3-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Why did Canada bring sanctions against Russia in the first place. It was the wish of a huge majority of Crimea people to join Russia. The ones who don't like this can relocate to the other parts of Ukraine, I am sure Russia won't stop them from leaving. This is between the people of the effected region, this has nothing to do with Canada or even the USA. I understand that Europe wants to exploit the resources of the Ukraine, which is not right either, but Canada should keep their noses out of this. It is not their people.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Please be Bieber, please be Bieber...

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Our government is rogue. And does not serve the people.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

khimbar
Please be Bieber, please be Bieber...

I'm sorry, i think he would get denied to be shipped to Antarctica,
even the penguins don't want him

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

As soon as I seen our neo-con Harper govt. send it's minions to stand with the neo-natzi regime over there I thought that they are isolating us from a very important member of the global community that will only heart us in the end .Now the job becomes to expose the Harper spin on the situation that keep the masses in the dark ....tks op

EdiT ..used and instead of that ..
edit on 24-3-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Canada has quite a large Ukrainian immigrant population since WW2. They have demonstrated and been quite outspoken and from what I've gathered, they have egged Harper on to do something. There's an election next year and he's clearly courting votes from the immigrant population. And since I'm sure he consulted with the WH before saying or doing anything, because Harper is a US lackey, he's decided to take the verbal lead, blah blah, regardless of what it might do to the Canadians as a whole. I think this will come back to bite us though, especially in the Arctic.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Haha oh well, well when Soviet para-troopers are landing on the white house lawn im sure Putin will be racked with fear over the sheer economic devastation Canada will bring him, LOL.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Why did Canada bring sanctions against Russia in the first place.
reply to post by rickymouse

Stephen Harper...our PM, has always been a huge supporter of anything the Americans choose to do. It makes me sick to be honest.

but Canada should keep their noses out of this.

As a Canadian, I couldn`t agree more. This is none of our concern.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Truth to tell, I am sure Obamas hand is up the PMs behind pulling the strings....
The US CANNOT talk tough because it would surely escalate,.....but Harpers lap dog rhetoric is the substitute for the US aquiessence to the
situation....(what can nuclear war solve?)
In fact being a nuke power actually diminishes the options for such countries when dealing with similarly armed foes.....
The Russian move is reminiscent of the Cuban Missile crisis in reverse......Kennedy would have reactyed with much more vigour to the provocation, but we get the Bankers Bum boys for leaders these days...its all about the bottom line now....no more principals or honour

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I find your response a bit lacking in facts and heavy on old rhetoric re: the U.S..

First, Canada's third largest ethnicity, or at least, in my day, is/was Ukrainian. Much of the west was settled by Ukrainians and that has had a large influence on the policies in Ottawa regarding Russia/the Soviet Union. Suffice to say not fans thereof.LOL.

Second, Canada has a federal surplus for this year. The U.S. trillions more in debt. I hardly see that as an Obama butt licker. Rather more like Harper is whipping Obama's butt. If that's "ruining" Canada...well send some of that down south.We could use some...LOL

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join