It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

MH370: Malaysian PM tells passengers’ families missing plane crashed in Indian Ocean

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:49 PM
reply to post by Zaphod58

Ok I'm with you now. But surely they wouldn't have punched in Perth if they had to go round in a big circle pretty much to get there. Both Langkawi and Kuala Lumpur are drastically faster to get to.

So on that note the mystery still stands in my mind - if they punched in the nearest airport then all passed out it would've overshot Langkawi and crashed without changing heading. I speak as a complete amateur (if that) on planes and autopilots though.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:53 PM
reply to post by Vasteel

Perth was just an example. If there is a canned system in place, then they are in alphabetical order, so they would pick the first airport that would head them west, towards Langkwi. Then they were probably overcome, and overflew it and kept going.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:04 PM

The thing is I don't think the Malaysian govt or the UK satellite company really know where it is.

I could be proven dead wrong in the next day or so, but I think they came up with this just so they don't have to tell the families something like "It's been two weeks and we know as much about where MH370 is as we did the day it vanished, in all likelyhood we'll never know what exactly happened to your loved ones".

I'm not saying that NOBODY knows where it is. As a CT I think some of this stuff points to the plane being stolen and landed somewhere - going off course after the handover in a spot where it had gone out of radar range, NO debris from the plane found after two weeks, apparently manual shutoff of the ACARS system, no mayday call etc.

Debris should be found somewhere at some time, I dont think there is much doubt about that. I also agree that nobody knows where the plane is, other than within the given parameters, and they are huge. A lateral thought, the satellite company have laid themselves on the line over this, and if they are wrong, they are gone. Remember the Malay authorities dithered in the first place over where to look having already been given the satellite company's initial findings, and even there that information was sent the US I think, for verification. The most important thing now, no matter what happened, is that much, or enough of that plane HAS to be found. Knowing exactly what happened about aircraft loss or many other similar incidents, is nothing new in the why or wherefore's, but that the plane has to be found is paramount.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:17 PM
Also bear in mind that anything "loose" during a ditch or crash will be floating around. Life jackets, baggage, polystyrene, seat cushions, etc etc etc (think floaty things!) their are heaps on an aircraft that basically hits concrete...water.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:46 PM

reply to post by NoRulesAllowed
...Nothing adds up here.

Pilots are trained to do things immediately in the event of something like you are suggesting. Even if the whole aircraft were dead from something. The pilots would be alive on oxygen and able to squeeze at least one broadcast off. We are told to communicate asap.

No Epirb signals, no emergency broadcasts, no black box pings. No miles and miles of floating wreckage. No oil. Nothing...

i agree fellow pilot. i hold a commercial pilot certificate.

but remember- aviate, navigate THEN communicate. however this diatribe means nothing. this is a conspiratorial mess. the transponder and the ACARS is shut down. just to crash into the S indian ocean.....huh?

kirk out

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:07 PM
I think the authorities are trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:13 PM
reply to post by smurfy

the flight was being tracked by Thai military radar,

Thai military radar is tracking the plane's signal, but it disappears at 1:22 a.m.
1:28 a.m.: Thai radar picks up unknown aircraft
The Thai radar station in southern Surathani province picks up an unknown aircraft flying in a direction opposite to what Flight 370 had been traveling.

2:15 a.m.:
Though the Malaysian plane is not transmitting information by ACARS or transponder,( 1.07-1.37a.m. switch off for ACARS) radar on the ground or elsewhere can still detect a plane in the air.
According to a Malaysian Air Force official, military radar tracked a plane as it passed over the small island of Pulau Perak in the Strait of Malacca.

It took another hour+ before Malaysian Airways declared that MH370 was missing, after making verifications.

up to 1.21 the Thai air force tracking would have known the aircraft, The Malaysian air force tracking would of been an unknown, not of a lost comm passenger airliner at that time. What the Thai tracking thought of their unknown, or the earlier loss of transponder from a plane they would have known, I have no idea.

You know, what really jumped out about this are:

1. The utter lack of communication between Thai, Malaysian & yes, even possibly Vietnamese, and who knows who else authorities with the realization that there is a rogue large plane dipping in & out of their respective air spaces...

2. The negligence of the Malaysian government to NOT immediately ACT on the fact that the plane was missing...

Good info....

Do you have a source for future reference? Thanks.

edit on 24-3-2014 by BurningSpearess because: Ouch, Hand cramp

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:15 PM

The most plausible theory still some sort of emergency, fire, crew/people unconsciousness...plane continuing on autopilot til out of fuel.
I actually tend strongly towards the fire theory especially since some witnesses reported the plane burning.

The theory is actually NOT that far fetched, at all.

i agree. onboard fires wreak unbelievable havoc. and then the plane pitching up to 40,000ft+. trying to incapacitate passengers? or put out a fire?

The thing is I don't think the Malaysian govt or the UK satellite company really know where it is.

if i can see my house and recognize the car driving down the street in front of it on google earth, don't you think the US military has been tracking this plane all along and knows exactly where it went? this media frenzy is sooo silly. the Malaysian govt isn't as experienced as the US govt at covering up a junkshow!

kirk out
edit on 3/24/2014 by jamestkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:17 PM
reply to post by BurningSpearess

There's no reason for them to communicate. It's not rogue, it's unidentified. There are a lot of military flights in that area that may or may not have transponders on. If they stay out of their airspace, they're simply monitored on radar.

As for them taking so long, until it was scheduled to land, it was out of contact. It may have been having an electrical problem, that the crew was working on their way to Beijing. Or they were having long range communications problems, and had to use their short range radios. There were any number of scenarios that would have had the plane flying to Beijing, and landing on time just fine.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:19 PM
reply to post by jamestkirk

And how did they track it? It was far out of radar range for most of the time it was in the air. No transponder, and no radar antenna means no tracking.
edit on 3/24/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:20 PM

They're just trying to kill the story IMO.

Was getting to bizarre and mysterious and nobody was able to answer to all the questions.

Cleaning house for the Malaysian Gran Prix.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:23 PM

reply to post by CaptainBeno

Its kinda suspect until we actually see the gather planed parts in high resolution removed from the sea.
I would like to know how many countries near by have Black Box locating planes that are closer and if so why is America so interested in being first to find it.. I also understand a US under water submerged vessel is also joining search.

Haven't you heard of where every other piece of data has been taken?

edit on 24-3-2014 by BurningSpearess because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:28 PM
reply to post by amraks

There are no planes that can locate the recorders. They send a sonar ping out, that has a very short range, so you have to have a towed array, or built in sonar to hear them. You have to be almost on top of them to hear them. I believe the range is only 2 miles, or a little over that if the conditions are right.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:29 PM

And how did they track it?... No transponder, and no radar antenna means no tracking

many people say the military is 30 years ahead (at least) of the common, commercial world. if so, do you feel ancient tech such as radar and radio signals(transpoder) is relevant? the truth is most definitely out there. it took two weeks to get a portion of it to the public.

kirk out
edit on 3/24/2014 by jamestkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:34 PM

People also say that the military have interstellar space ships, and a lot of other things they don't have. Saying it doesn't make it real.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:42 PM
C'mon. you know that crap being fed to us through the media is bull#. that's why we're here on ATS talking about it.

it's the inside/real story we're looking for here.

kirk out

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:49 PM

And the theories being thrown around on ATS are more realistic?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:08 PM
sometimes, yes.

lets face it. we're all here to think outside the box.

you've been around since '05. i don't need to tell you that.

it's such a bummer that all of those families suffer at the whim of some govt beaurocrats.

we're not here to change the planet. the planet is here to change us.

kirk out

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:10 PM
reply to post by vkey08

They did have new data actually, or one should say that the recalculation utilized new data, if you actually read media reports on how they are so sure now. Before they only used the fact that the satellite received signal from the plane and therefore were only able to conclude that the plane flew along either the northern or the southern arc. But apparently the satellite was able to detect slight shifts in the frequency of the signal from the plane as well. These shifts are a result of the Doppler effect due to relative motion between the plane and the satellite. The new calculation takes this extra information into account and basically uses the same principle as that used in speed guns, and is able to unambiguously conclude that the plane took the southern arc. One does have to remark that the satellite actually turns out to be pretty sensitive to frequency shifts though, particularly that it's not made for that purpose, since the fractional shift in frequency is more or less proportional to the square root of the relative speed between the plane and the satellite divided by the speed of light.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:12 PM

Exactly. Sometimes. Not everything requires thinking outside the box. Sometimes an accident is just an accident. A weird one granted, but still an accident.

new topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>