It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MH370: Malaysian PM tells passengers’ families missing plane crashed in Indian Ocean

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I don't see this as a 'tragic accident'.
The plane left it's course, and flew into the middle of the ocean. For what end?
If the purpose was to kill a person(s) on board, the could have crashed it a lot sooner.
If it was to 'make a statement', where's the statement?
The middle of the Indian Ocean isn't a plausible destination. Where were they going? Did they secretly have a full tank of fuel?
I doubt the general public will ever know the true story; just the 'political spin'.

This is ATS, so tongue in cheek........
Is it possible this was a test of new technology? Remotely taking control of a commercial plane to see if it would work?

Maybe the plane had some very dangerous cargo and was deliberately crashed in the safest, remotest area possible.....
edit on 10000001010America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: To add comment

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Any bets the insurance companies with which some of these passengers and flight crew, along with the plane, were insured won't buy this 'revelation' any much more that most of us?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Is anyone else watching tye coverage by the Bbc? It's utter tripe. They are showing short clips of Australian and Chinese search footage showing what looks like a smouldering piece of debris giving off more smoke than Dutch cafe.. Yet they have not spoken one word about this footage, just keep playing it over and over. Surely this "debris" wouldnt be smoldering now, in the ocean, after several weeks?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

ThorsBrother
Is anyone else watching tye coverage by the Bbc? It's utter tripe. They are showing short clips of Australian and Chinese search footage showing what looks like a smouldering piece of debris giving off more smoke than Dutch cafe.. Yet they have not spoken one word about this footage, just keep playing it over and over. Surely this "debris" wouldnt be smoldering now, in the ocean, after several weeks?

The smoke is from a "marker" to identify the area where debris has been spotted. It's not the debris itself that's smoking.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Interesting indeed. an "Accident" they say. Yep that excuses the right angle turn a 5 hour flight in the opposite direction, transponders being manually switched off and no mayday or distress signal from the cockpit. Would that plane have crashed into a part of the world where you wouldnt want to lose an aircraft? Or did that plane crash into a part of the world where you WANT to lose an aircraft and make sure it, Its occupants and its cargo are never found again......

link   

ThorsBrother

It's magic debris, along the same lines as the magic data and the magic interpretation of that data to determine how this plane magically escaped any sort of detection for about three weeks then WHAAAABOOOMBAA the mystery is solved, despite all the magical bullcrap that's been provided to use since day one, and our magical ability to forget all that bullcrap and in true blind faith manner, accept that 'we must now accept' the plane is at the bottom of the Indian Ocean.

Positively magical!

link   
The underwater beacon locator has been dispatched by the US Navy to search for the black box off Perth.
The families are being flown to Perth.
I think thats it, once they get some debris on board and examine I think u will find this is the plane.
Question is how hard will it be to get the wreckage up considering the depth and location.
It will be weeks, months or even years before all the questions have been answered, if they ever are.

All very sad, but I believe this outcome was the most expected one.
I wonder if the passengers were already gone before the plane crashed....

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
There is something very wrong here, it really doesnt make sense at all.

An unrelated story exactly a day before this mystery was North Korea narrowly missed a passenger jet carrying 220 people from Japan to China with a rocket. I know the location of each event is different but I cant shake the feeling of a link.

news.sky.com...

A Chinese passenger plane crossed the path of a ballistic missile test fired by North Korea, it has emerged. The China Southern Airlines flight was flying from Narita airport in Tokyo to the northeastern Chinese city of Shenyang on Tuesday, according to South Korea's defence ministry. It said the civilian plane, which had 220 passengers on board, "passed as the ballistic missile (from North Korea) was in the course of descending". Qin Gang, a spokesman for the Chinese Foreign Ministry, said: "On this issue, we have already contacted the North Korean side to convey our deep concern."

edit on 24-3-2014 by Horus12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

alldaylong

ThorsBrother

The smoke is from a "marker" to identify the area where debris has been spotted. It's not the debris itself that's smoking.

Something you would have thought they would have mentioned once or twice. But why would they want to show a video of a marker with no visible debris nearby? They could be showing me footage of Loch Ness for all i know?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Why on earth should the last position where satellite data about the plane exists being in the southern Indian Ocean mean with certainty that the plane crashed there? Perhaps the data stream appeared to end there because of some other reason - like faulty, untested mathematical modelling?

Should a responsible government make such a shattering, definitive announcement to relatives when it is only based solely upon a new type of mathematical modelling never tested before for its reliability and possibly completely inaccurate? When in science did unproven theory ever become superior to tangible evidence?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Yep... "It's never been used in a situation like this but we KNOW it works"

Seems odd.

They either know more than they're letting on, or they're lying.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Mainly because of fuel loads. Quite simply, no further fuel to fly anywhere else.

As to the why's, i still think cabin pressure failure or on board fire are by far the most likely explanations. Either of these, particularly fire, could have rendered the pilot and co pilot unconscious. This would also explain the turn.......and then why no subsequent turns or deviations from the crew. They turned to attempt landing and then lost consciousness.....so carried on flying.

Basically though, who knows? That is what the black box is for. I only hope they can locate it - does anyone know the depth pressures they can withstand?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

GoalPoster

ThorsBrother

It's magic debris, along the same lines as the magic data and the magic interpretation of that data to determine how this plane magically escaped any sort of detection for about three weeks then WHAAAABOOOMBAA the mystery is solved, despite all the magical bullcrap that's been provided to use since day one, and our magical ability to forget all that bullcrap and in true blind faith manner, accept that 'we must now accept' the plane is at the bottom of the Indian Ocean.

Positively magical!

Nothing Magical about it actually, while I have to say the Malaysians probably have known much more for a lot longer, I don't think the crews searching or other nations did, I think they found it like they would find anything, through a lot of hard work and some luck, remember they still have NO idea what happened, just that it happened... so no mystery is really solved this was always a potential outcome, crashed in the Indian Ocean.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Sounds a bit like that movie with Denzel Washington called Déjà Vu

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Well the whole thing is odd.

If it crashed or blew up mid-air, then everyone is certainly dead by now.

If it was terrorists or kidnappers/hijackers... then we would have heard or had demands by now.

We've had sightings in a few different areas and we've had debris spotted in a few areas but they're now sure that it's off the coast of Australia.
So how do they KNOW that's where it is? Yes the debris but nothing concrete and nothing confirmed.

I don't know, We'll find out eventually.

We have 15 days until the black box's signal runs out.
After that we will have to find it by sonar.

edit on 24/3/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I know what you mean but i genuinely believe that they are certain. The reason for this belief? The fact they are sending search crews there. This is at the extreme end of capability for the search crews so i honestly do not believe they would send search crews there "on a hunch" or for other reasons. These crews are risking their lives every time they try to find debris or survivors (highly unlikely) in this region.

Australia in all credit to them goes way above and beyond on behalf of all nations in the Southern Oceans. Can you imagine the outcry if lives are lost on a pointless search? (if this is misdirection or whatever). I would wager that would be the end of Aussie co-operation in these regions for future search and rescue missions, and quite rightly so.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

blupblup
While it's certainly been an odd story and the Malaysian Gov have hardly been forthcoming with their info, I think it's been pretty obvious since about day 3 or 4, that this plane crashed and that there was very likely no survivors.
Reading some of the conspiracies (while some were plausible) was just embarrassing really.

Actually, they were pretty forthcoming with all kinds of info.
Since day 5 -6 they've been giving official statements about terrorism, manual sabotage of the systems, flying for hours after communications were lost etc. etc.

If you don't remember the rest of us does. So tell me about conspiracies again?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Well the biggest question is the sharp left turn heading towards the west, but the new satellite data is saying the south??

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
As far as being forthcoming, they gave out as much info as they had, and that wasn't much.
Anyway, they are now convinced by the recalculated imformation that they now have, the plane crashed in the Indian Ocean.

From the last ping that they received, they reckon another 800 miles flying time and glide and that could be in any direction

It will still be a massive search, and just to add, they are declaring the plane and all on board lost based on that recalculated satellite information, and nothing else. They do not have any debris as yet, so the satellite information has to be that good.
edit on 24-3-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

They either know more than they're letting on, or they're lying.

A little from column A, and a little from column B.

This doesn't past the smell test what so ever!. This "new" data they have with new techniques,?. Bottom line, the data they are talking about was reciveded 2 weeks ago from said plane. It's not "new" data. It's new spin. I have a feeling that there are some people related to the lost souls with a bunch of money who will say ''Okay, X marks the spot, I will pay for my own exploration team and WE will find evidence ourselves, how about them apples?"

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join