It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth Will Set You Free.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
If the truth will set you free then this is what we got to do. We got to find the truth. Maybe the truth won't set us free so it's not worth trying to get and understand the truth. Maybe the truth will set us free.

So what is your version of truth. Try not to quote someone but use your own original words to express some of your brand of truth.

Every way of a man is right in his own eyes. We all think we know. Perhaps you could share a story.

We are not free. This is the truth at the moment. We are in the dark over so many things.

Perhaps it takes a gathering of people to find out the truth.

I guess just post some words about the topic of truth.

I don't know where to start on how to discover the truth. Life is complex.

I would like to be free though.

So yep post your brand of words which I will read and maybe in code learn some truth from.

I guess I don't need teachers. I desire the truth that will set us free. What is this truth. Post your opinion.

I guess this just belongs in the "To Hard" basket.

Leeda

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by leeda

The truth is that you don't ever get to die. Everything else is just living time, so you may as well change it to something you like while you're here, until you're there.

That's my main truth.

I also say that "a teacher cannot teach a student. The Student must learn from the teacher. "
You get what you go for and nothing more. All change in your life comes from within you.

Fears are the only walls that will ever contain you. The truth shall set you free... The Truth is...

There is nothing to fear...

edit on 24-3-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by leeda

I once just typed "what is the truth?" Into google it lead me to a johoves whitness websit :-/ So my summary; you will not find the truth on here, or out there simply within yourself...

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by leeda

Should maybe quote your post on my thread.
Seems like everyone is happy believing what they are told and even though sharing links etc in order to not tell them what to think but to maybe encourage them to use the information provided to see wjat they come up with.

My iridium thread is just that.
Presenting information to see what others have to say about what they see.
Instead they want life handed to them on a plate with all the secret presented rather than found.

Makes me wonder about what it says in The Bible regarding the keep asking keep searchibg and it will be revealed.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Jesus is the King of truth.

Truth isn't a religion, a ritual, a set of rules, or a principle.

Truth is a person:

“I am the way, the TRUTH, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” ~ John 14:6

"For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.” ~ John 18:37

In other words, Jesus is not suggesting that the phrase, “Yes, those pants DO make your butt look remarkably huge” has any power to set us free. Truthful statements are not what makes us free. If that’s what Jesus meant he would have said, “Speaking the truth sets you free” or “Hearing truthful facts will make you free.” But that’s not what he said. He said, “You will know the truth and the truth will make you free.”

So, what was Jesus implying? He was saying that Truth is a person, not a statement or a fact. His actual statement was related to being someone who follows Him – a disciple. If, Jesus says, "you hold to my teaching” (or take my words seriously enough to actually try putting them into practice), then you will be my disciples, and if you are my disciples..."then you will know the truth”.

So, being a follower of Jesus is a pre-requisite for “knowing the truth.” If you know this person, Jesus, (who is Truth) then he will make you free.

TRUTH IS A PERSON

edit on Mar000000Mon, 24 Mar 2014 09:56:24 -05009am31Mon, 24 Mar 2014 09:56:24 -050020145624 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by leeda

I don't think there is 'the truth' or 'a truth'.

it is what it is...and it really doesn't matter. It might seem important but in the quantum of our existence, it is irrelevant.

the quest for the truth could be the very thing that imprisons you.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Murgatroid
Jesus is the King of truth.

Truth isn't a religion, a ritual, a set of rules, or a principle.

Truth is a person:

“I am the way, the TRUTH, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” ~ John 14:6

"For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.” ~ John 18:37

Amen.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Thurisaz
reply to post by leeda

it is what it is...and it really doesn't matter. It might seem important but in the quantum of our existence, it is irrelevant.

the quest for the truth could be the very thing that imprisons you.

There is an all compassing truth of everything that is that includes all views of "what is". That we do not know it and struggle with views of it trying to understand it in the highest form we can with our consciousness.

The seeker will create a state where the seeker is ready to receive a higher level of understanding. Just because the seeker have reached a new plateau do not mean there is not another plateau that could be reached in time.

Sometimes the seeker do everything to make sure they do not see since understanding to much can be very uncomfortable.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Oh Jeebus! here they come already....
If the Council of Nicea didn't obfuscate anything relevant the succeeding centuries of torture and oppression did......
Truth is what works for people....nothing more...
There is no final and binding truth in this life....just more questions get over it and live.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by leeda

There is no truth that will not change.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Ha. Makes sense that I would gravitate toward this thread. If I had a dollar for every time I read that Truth is found within/the only thing holding you back is Fear I would be rolling...in a decent-sized Vacation fund

Still though, whenever I look within all I see is a little girl pining for that freedom, but still directing her will to grasp at the only thing she thinks she knows...the very fear she so wishes to let go of. I have a vision in my head of myself holding onto a stalactite in a cave that's too dark to see anything. The stalactite is slimy, acidic and oh-so painful, but I can't let go because I don't know what will happen or what is around me. I don't feel I have the strength and willpower for what I know is necessary...while at the same time comprehending that I'm exerting an awful lot of strength and willpower to grasp that stalactite...and yet my life so far is proof of my not letting go.

People, especially on this site, love to be so open and honest about the powers of love, light and freedom--of which I HAVE had some tastes of, but I don't see too many admitting to these darker parts. For that I do feel...weird. Nobody wants to deal with those admitting this kind of self-defeatism, but there you have it. I guess the biggest difference with me as that I'm viewing my present circumstances and "spirit flaws" from a perspective of knowing theoretically that truth and freedom are there for me, but not conceptually. Nothing has quite ingrained itself in me. So many sources tell me I CAN do something or that I already AM something and I'm still sitting here saying, "How?" and hoping for a checklist to my freedom.
edit on 24-3-2014 by awakendhybrid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Thurisaz

Wandering Scribe
There is no truth that will not change.

stirling
There is no final and binding truth in this life....

Truth is available ONLY to those who have the courage to question whatever they have been taught.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
#1) The minute you are born, your body begins to die.
#2) Being filled with love feels better than being filled with hate.
#3) This moment in time will pass, whether I choose to use it to accomplish something, or do nothing.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

If you have the courage to question everything that you've been taught, then you would arrive at my conclusion that there is no stable, ever-lasting truth that does not change.

The perceptions of all past ages come undone under the light of modern reasoning, just the same as our current understanding will prove ridiculous to some future generation.

We choose to surround ourselves with personal truths for the sake of feeling better. Whether its Jesus Christ offering us eternal life beyond death, or our current scientific understanding that gives us some semblance of control over our place in the Universe, none of it will last forever.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I couldn't agree more with you if I tried, wise words speak very loudly, may all hear.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
For me a truth has been near or ultimate suffering. This was probably a truth for Jesus. I hope that this will not be a truth for any of you. Everyone is under prepared. Not that it's possible to prepare for suffering as it's more of an inevitability.

But maybe there are ways to build better houses if a house is a body is a temple.

What is the truth about the human body. Is there anything that surpasses knowledge? Maybe you can post and talk all you want but you could just be a noisy gong or clanging cymbal. I guess many are thought of as such.

It could be possible to find the truth anywhere. You shouldn't rule out possibilities of where the truth can be found. There is plenty of relative truth on the Internet but it mixed in with lots of opposites and lies.

People tend to now agree that exercise can help your body also diet, we are what we eat. So this can be like a truth. Walking each day helps. Eating choices make a difference. We can take better care of our selves. Most of us coast along in neutral as we lack a lot of power. Of not sure of any problem fixes.

Most stuff gets taken care of at work. That's where the big ideas are. You know, the 40 hours a week thing. 40 hours a week solves a lot of problems. I would say that a lot of truth is held by the Government that would set some people to relative freedom.

There needs to be a WAR on pain, suffering and death. This is a truth I teach. Teaching the truth will prevent Wars in the future and disarm people.

K

Leeda
edit on 15-4-2014 by leeda because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Most People don't value the truth or they can't perceive or believe of the truth. Like truth such as I am Rockstar. Me Leeda. The bible says Matthew 7:6 Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine.

The truth that I am a rockstar is very important. Alot of the songs you have been listening to from 2001 to 2009 have come from been inspired by me and have my words included in them. Unique words and arrangements of words. Now this is important because of it's scope and scale. The scale is epic. It's a big scale with a lot of big people.

Now I present this as truth. But yet no one believes me. It is an important truth. It is world changing. Another truth that is also world changing is mind control technology and virtual reality. I am subject to this technology but no one believes this either.

ATS I AM A ROCKSTAR

It is possible that no one will ever believe what I say on this internet forum yet it is the truth. I ask why is the truth not believed?

I'll ask again. Why is the truth not believed? With the work of others what I say could be proven. It is truly world changing. America most likely the word will hate me.

I need a movie made about my life. And a book. And whatever else. Alas but a dream as my masters control me but these would set me free from one prison and introduce me to another. Probably a better place though even with the hate and wrath of America and possibly the world. I could scribe to the Internet for the remainder of my life praying for immortality staying hidden in my house only going out for shopping.

I could organise people but not really. Maybe some would listen. But most are powerless. I mean what would I say. We need to organise against suffering and alleviate people. Liberate today alleviate tomorrow.

I could get advisors and workers and employ people. Such is the scale of the songs that exist. I am talking. Listen.

The truth I speak is epic in scale. But simply I can't find one believer.

Are You The ONE?

I'm just telling you how it is.

Basically no one believes the truth.

No one believes what I say even though I am not delusional and not lying. I am speaking the truth.

Basically no one believes the truth and I don't see this changing for whoever is speaking if they have some truth as well.

Thanks for reading.

Leeda

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Life has taught me that anything that is labelled as 'Truth' is anything but 'Truth'.

Whatever reality might be we are each obliged to fine what is 'Real' or 'True' ourselves and understand that we might not like what we find because we will realise what has been done to us and our fellow man.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

top topics

join