It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest I.O.S 7 Software Update For iPhone!!!... T&C For Regular Folk Or World Leaders????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I thought General Chit Chat was better for this than the Technology or Rant Forum!!!

It's only a small OP, just thought I'd share this with ATS...
I don't often read T&Cs for updates & such...
But I wanted to know if they were going to introduce the Finger Print for the keypad lock, that would have put me off...
In the end I was put off by this T&C...

So could this be for everybody... Or do you think it's directed mainly to World Leaders who love a selfie???

If you'd like to leave your thoughts on such a contract clause please do!!!

Peace everybody!

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CharlieSpeirs

What is it saying that this software can be used to make nukes !?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
This is not new, it appears in every version of iTunes & iOS T&C. Good luck designing a nuke with iTunes though.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BoovDawg

Not too sure pal... Could be!

I'd hazard a guess that top engineers probably could though!!!

Peace Dawg!

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CharlieSpeirs

It woudnt suprise me I had a friend whos iphone caught fire then exploded last year just from her leaving it on charge over night...

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
That T&C has been in for years, its part of the standard crap with apple software, when you look at most software that gets written in the USA and can be deployed outside of there it ends up technically having to follow certain export rules which prohibit nuke and other stuff without a lot of paperwork, if you can be bothered to read most license stuff from the big boys it contains similar stuff

heres some from MS technet.microsoft.com...

You agree that you will not export or re-export the OS Components, any part thereof, or any process or service that is the direct product of the OS Components (the foregoing collectively referred to as the "Restricted Components"), to any country (region), person or entity subject to U.S. export restrictions. You specifically agree not to export or re-export any of the Restricted Components (i) to any country (region) to which the U.S. has embargoed or restricted the export of goods or services, which currently include, but are not necessarily limited to Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Sudan and Syria, or to any national of any such country (region), wherever located, who intends to transmit or transport the Restricted Components back to such country (region); (ii) to any person or entity who you know or have reason to know will utilize the Restricted Components in the design, development or production of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons; or (iii) to any person or entity who has been prohibited from participating in U.S. export transactions by any federal agency of the U.S. government. You warrant and represent that neither the BXA nor any other U.S. federal agency has suspended, revoked or denied your export privileges.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Sounds like Apple is covering its own a$$ if someone uses an iPhone as a detonator in some kind of weapon.

So Americans can't sue them ....since people sue for any reason these days .

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Maybe NK is putting them into cruise missiles for the guidance feature....GPS.....
Their bad.............

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Pretty interesting that they would 'specifically' add that clause in there.
I think it served more bad than good. Legal action would still be taken if said phone was used for outlined purposes and was detected anyways, as it would already be a federal/legal problem as opposed to a specific Apple CO T&C software problem.

All this did was put the idea in someone's head who was previously unaware they could potentially use this software for those purposes. I think they did themselves a disservice.

But no worries, on the other hand iphone is overrated (in my opinion)

We're up to... 6 versions now? Yeah? And all they seem to be doing in making them slightly larger than the last and adding a "Few" new technological upgrades per version.

My prediction is when they get to version 10 it will look a lot like this

"put that in your pocket"

edit on 3/24/2014 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JHumm

Its actually a relic from the big old mainframe days when stuff like crays/big ibm gear was used to do nuclear testing without the need to drop actual nukes and at the time russia was many moons behind and exporting anything more technical than a salad bowl was considered helping the communists, these days you can easily hook up loads of basic gear and create your own super computer so really its just a legal relic of a bygone age but the legal process aint caught up yet

join