It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norwegian Gamer Hospitalized After Drinking 4 Liters of Energy Drink

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by strongfp

High fructose corn syrup tastes way too sweet to me. Fructose tastes too sweet itself. They add salt to things to take away that sweetness, I don't understand why they just can't make a moderate sugar out of the corn syrup instead of high fructosing it.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

How could have he been so distracted to do such a silly thing?

Oh, video games.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Nothing like a Red Bull or two to keep me going on long days during long flights.

But this is seriously ridiculous.

I hope the kid makes it.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Right.... let me get this totally straight. This fourteen year old child consumed four liters of energy drinks, in order to stay awake for an all night LAN party?

Right away, I have a problem with this. First off, any fourteen year old that cannot stay awake for 48hours plus without chemical assistance, probably ought to go and see a doctor, and not wait until multi-organ failure has set in before doing so next time around the block.

This is ONE night. We are not talking about a weekend full of face shooting, grenade tossing, buddy fragging madness here. We are talking about a simple all nighter, something that anyone under the age of thirty ought to be able to pull off without any trouble, unless they suffer from one of the many debilitating illnesses that exist in the world.

Second, no one who can lay claim to an ounce of sense, would suggest using energy drinks to stay awake. For a start, they do not damned well work, and furthermore, they taste awful and they are full of chemicals which destroy bodily functions, so they are not an option for prolonged drinking. This much should be obvious from the chemical contents, printed on the can, bottle, carton, or in this kids case, the delivery tanker.

Double botch. Those who game will know what I mean.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Personally for major organ failure / damage to occur as it did and for this kid to enter coma i personally think there's something else lurking in the shadows here -

"While the doctors suspect Dahl's condition was most likely caused by the energy drinks, they're not certain caffeine is solely to blame."

As someone else commented, he's lived in Norway for over ten years and the drink and substance abuse by 14 year olds is out of control.
13 days in hospital and he's still taking tablets to control his HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE..

So this fool may have high blood tension, and he goes and drinks four litres of death in a can.

Here it says he drank 8 litres

Either way, he's lucky nothings permanently damaged.
edit on AM1Mon20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

There might well be all manner of things in the background, but the essential point is, that no child in his age group ought to require chemical assistance to stay up for twenty four hours, unless they have a pre-existing medical condition. There was no need for the child to drink energy drinks at all. Silly blighter should have just stuck to tea and fruit juices, like a sensible lad.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

rickymouse
reply to post by strongfp

High fructose corn syrup tastes way too sweet to me. Fructose tastes too sweet itself. They add salt to things to take away that sweetness, I don't understand why they just can't make a moderate sugar out of the corn syrup instead of high fructosing it.

A sugar buzz is addictive
here in kanukistan everyone digs tim hortons coffee
they use a specific bean that has a natural chemical in it that masks the taste of sugar
so they can load the liquid sugar in to up the buzz without frying your tongue circuits out
edit on Monam3b20143America/Chicago24 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

TrueBrit

There might well be all manner of things in the background, but the essential point is, that no child in his age group ought to require chemical assistance to stay up for twenty four hours, unless they have a pre-existing medical condition. There was no need for the child to drink energy drinks at all. Silly blighter should have just stuck to tea and fruit juices, like a sensible lad.

the visual contrast between your post and your avatar made me want to have an energy beer

11:54.AM - the sun will be over the yard arm in 6.....5....4....
edit on Monam3b20143America/Chicago05 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Now, just so I know which contrast you are speaking of (there are several that could apply), would you mind elucidating upon that point just a tad?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Mmmm, chocolate covered coffee beans, yummy.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Auricom

--->My point is, is where are the parents? It's easy to blame the energy drink for killing the boy. But common sense should have been part of this kids upbringing. Something I see very lacking in Norway on a very wide spectrum.

Fri barneoppdragelse.

Common sense went out the window during the 80's to never return.
Lots of Norwegian parents let their kids do whatever they like, and the result is nasty.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

highfreq

And yet another casualty of Clan Wars. Seriously though, were going to have a generation of kids and adults for that matter , riddled with health problems because of these 'energy' drinks. What ever happened to old fashioned coffee?
Starbucks that's what happened. $6.00 for a cup of coffee that's what happened. Last week I participated in an Abitron survey about my TV viewing habits. They initially sent a dollar bill to insure I would participate. After the phone call the girl said they would send me a small compensation for participating. Enough for a cup of coffee the girl said. I asked her is that Starbucks or coffee I make myself? She just laughed. They sent $2.00 cash a few days later. I can't get coffee for that but I can make a cup myself.
I for one avoid these energy drinks not because of the caffeine but because of the sugar.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Lichter daraus
reply to post by Biigs

Mmmm, chocolate covered coffee beans, yummy.

I've had these. Yes they are yummy. The price kind of insures I don't over indulge.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Right. I'm 57 . And suffer insomnia sometimes. Two or three days without sleep and no chems to enhance that. I probably don't function well after these episodes but I can certainly operate a joystick if I needed to. I've driven my car without incident but if I feel very tired I'll get someone else to drive. No energy drinks necessary. The kid was operating on a commercially obtained assumption that he needed that to stay awake. He didn't know he didn't need them. A guy I work with consumes three or four of these a day during a seven hour shift. Of course he follows that with weed consumed during breaks so I guess he does need it. I've told the manager she never tells the owner or does anything but smile and shake her head.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

could be caffeine drops, we used them sometimes, you can buy them in any drug store without prescription. This, smoking, energy drinks and high blood pressure from adrenaline is a pretty harsh mixture. But fully legal.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

LOL only dorks drink energy drinks when gaming, beer is where its at.

The nectar of the gods will not only keep you awake, but make you a CoD/BF god.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

lol
nothing bad heh heh
tea and fruit juice don't require the sun being over the yard arm

beer is a time honored default position
think ill have a boddingtons in your honor....an arm jerk reaction to your av as it were

oddly enough sugar all by itself is turning out to be THE killer drug...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Danbones

lol
nothing bad heh heh
tea and fruit juice don't require the sun being over the yard arm

beer is a time honored default position
think ill have a boddingtons in your honor....an arm jerk reaction to your av as it were

oddly enough sugar all by itself is turning out to be THE killer drug...

They have Boddingtons Bitter in Canada??

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

CoD.......no aim needed
. Trust me, HL1-engine is true magic if you can dance with her.

Back to Topic:
Could have had an heart condition before, who knows. No one will tell us.
About the energydrink thingy:
I think anyone who has true passion to the things he does, be it crafting something to perfection over night, working days and night just to finish it all. And then you come up with something so beautiful and perfect. Yes you missed sleep, vital food and so much more but what you get for it is what powers you and well, you need to stay awake. There are a few type of people that I can think of would copy that, such as programmers, hackers, dedicated craftmanship, anyone with passion for the thing he does.
No?

edit on 25-3-2014 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Yup, I think its educating the masses on energy drinks and how they work on the body will be good.
Being military, ask any other military guy and it use to be Cigs an Coffee...an it still is.
Now its all about E cigs an Energy drinks.
I had an NCO who drank 3 a day, but he worked OPS, no excuse....now i work ops an i drink 3 a day....
Best energy drink?
Xyerience and Monster Ultra Zero.
Lets rock......

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join