learn more

Egypt court sentences 529 Morsi supporters to death

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
www.bbc.com...

That cant be right..

How can you sentence 529 people to death for crimes in one foul swoop?

A court in Egypt has sentenced to death 529 supporters of ousted Islamist President Mohammed Morsi.
They were convicted of charges including murdering a policeman and attacks on people and property.
The group, members of the banned Muslim Brotherhood, are part of a larger trial of more than 1,200 Morsi supporters.
Authorities have cracked down harshly on Islamists since Mr Morsi was removed by the military in July. Hundreds have been killed and thousands arrested.

529people makes for a lot of family members, friends, political acquaintances. I hope the Egyptian courts know what they are getting themselves into!

edit: especially when your going to do it again tomorrow!

A second group of 700 Morsi supporters is due to go on trial on Tuesday.
edit on 24-3-2014 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Wow!

That is extreme/unbelievable. It will only escalate the tensions over there.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

theres a word for this Genocide.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
yup , genocide.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by vercetti406

yes I agree. Ethnic or religious cleansing = genocide.

so genocide is legal in that Country?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

When I read the news this morning I just said «This the end of the world. How can any court sentence to death so much people?? this is stupid. this is not right... oh man.. this not good not good.. nobody should sentence anyone to death!» Innocents will die for sure.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
bummer, eh? (flippant response)

500+ murderers?

breaks my christian heart. really, it does.

i wonder why he is not in power anymore.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Thurisaz
reply to post by vercetti406

yes I agree. Ethnic or religious cleansing = genocide.

so genocide is legal in that Country?

yeah, i hardly believe it's genocide with 500 people.

just a bunch of criminals.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
When i read this i thought, why would Eygpt sentence 529 MORRISEY supporters to death...

And then i read it again......"I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour, but heaven knows i miserable now.."
edit on AM1Mon20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by tsingtao

If you break a window you could be condemned like a criminal.. and then, belonging to a "bunch of criminals", you could be also sentenced to death.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tsingtao

well that is the first lot we have heard about... the second lot are waiting to go to court. (as per the news article)

what will be the final tally?

Agit8dChop
www.bbc.com...

edit: especially when your going to do it again tomorrow!

A second group of 700 Morsi supporters is due to go on trial on Tuesday.

edit on CDT06000000Mon, 24 Mar 2014 06:27:19 -05002719am82 by Thurisaz because: add quote

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

They were convicted of charges including murdering a policeman and attacks on people and property.
And meanwhile, I have to guess that the police who were literally slaughtering the Morsi supporters have zero charges against them.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The people elected Morsi, the first democratically elected president in Egpyt in 40 years. Then the NWO decided to sponsor a military coup to get things back to the way they were, and now we have a military dictatorship sentencing to death those who supported Morsi, while Morsi himself remains in prison.

I don't think the Israelis or the Sauds were too comfortable with Morsi. That's why he's out. The people in Egypt had no choice in this matter.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

The title of the article reads 528.

Did you subconsciously add Obama to the list?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
That's way more people then were killed in the take over if Crimea , has anyone heard from chief of the world police ,Obama yet ? You would think he would be jumping at the chance to cry foul on this .

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I'm with you on this, it just seems completely wrong to sentence that many people to death. I read this from a different source with complete and utter bemusement and shock.

I have to say, after reading i couldn't help feeling how does the judge go to sleep tonight? Or what does he say to his children? "What did you today daddy?" "Well kids, i condemned 529 people to death. But remember, killing is wrong. Good night".

More disturbingly, there are another 700 up for sentencing tomorrow........

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I thought Egypt was run by a bunch of forward, free thinking trendy young hipsters and intellectuals from universities all over the country after the Arab Spring brought them greater justice and democracy???.

Are people honestly trying to tell me what was actualy happening was a military coup?!?!, sheeesh, thats the last time I watch Fox News.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Well Genocide is apparently legal in Israel and Australia and USA but we don't report on that stuff do we? Apparently it's okay to take children from Aborigines in OZ, kill off native Americans in Pine Ridge and cleanse your self of Palestinians in Israel. It's not right to do this anywhere. Right?

new topics

top topics

join