It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WSJ:Opinion: Missing George W. Bush Yet? Should America Be More of An Interventionist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
WSJ:Opinion: Missing George W. Bush Yet? Should America Be More of An Interventionist on Ukraine & Russia?

Source
If you thought the Warmongering on Syria was bad enough you haven't seen this yet according to Wonder Land columnist Dan Henninger on why autocrats like Putin win when the U.S. “leads from behind.” Meaning that America should take more of an Interventionist approach agaisnt Russia.

If they are seriously thinking that they would crash the Russian economy i hope these idiots in Washington realize Putin can play the same chess game with the gas pipes as the majority of all Europe's gas comes from Russia.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
While I certainly miss some attributes of "W"; he is partly to blame for our personal sacrifices of freedom for security. I am adamantly against anything or person with such a notion.

We are too damned broke to "intervene" any where.

Leave them to their own devices. We haven't figured ours out yet.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Just more evidence that the so called "Left" or "liberals" are also war mongers.

Within the 2-headed 1-Party system, there is no side that sincerely stands for peace.

When Ron Paul ran for POTUS, a true peace candidate, suddenly BOTH sides were attacking his message of peace, diplomacy, trading and prosperity.

And no, we dont miss Bush. Hell no.

Hes the scum bag who put the police state into motion with the DHS, TSA, warrant-less spying, drones, indefinite detentions, citizen watch lists, citizen assassinations, being held indefinitely without charges, incommunicado, suspending habeas corpus, expanding "free speech" zones and on and on.

The piece of filth lied us into a pre-emptive war...

None of this even touches on what he may have known or allowed with regards to 9/11.

edit on 24-3-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter
WSJ:Opinion: Missing George W. Bush Yet? Should America Be More of An Interventionist on Ukraine & Russia?

Source
If you thought the Warmongering on Syria was bad enough you haven't seen this yet according to Wonder Land columnist Dan Henninger on why autocrats like Putin win when the U.S. “leads from behind.” Meaning that America should take more of an Interventionist approach agaisnt Russia.

If they are seriously thinking that they would crash the Russian economy i hope these idiots in Washington realize Putin can play the same chess game with the gas pipes as the majority of all Europe's gas comes from Russia.

Well history supports that every time the US backs off the world stage it causes major problems. But as before americans are just tired of wars we've been fighting somewhere since the first gulf war started in 1990. And i think were tired of playing the world police as well and would love for someone to take over that job. Problem is if the US doesn't try to resolve conflicts who would. Hmmmm really interesting question you proposed it can be argued both ways with equal validity.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Miss Bush??
Hah! That's good for a laugh..
I dislike Obama and Bush equally for different reasons. Let's just say Bush acted a little too "special" as POTUS. I think his presidency was a mass mind control experiment. Hard to believe he is actually that dumb.
Obama? The master of thee ol bait and switch.
JFK was the last real American President. That guy had some battleship sized knockers to stand up to the Fed and the Military Industrial Complex like he did! Not to mention the Mafia.

Americo is just trying to steal everyone's cookies and milk to forward the NWO agenda..

edit on 24-3-2014 by DenyFlatulence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

None of this even touches on what he may have known or allowed with regards to 9/11.

Or was directly involved in..

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Nope I'm still wishing that we had Ron Paul. We as a country need to keep our nose in our own damn business.

Bush going into Afghanistan and Iraq served no purpose what so ever. All he succeeded in doing was to create more hatred toward America.

If you want to make a difference in the world fear and violence won't work. Only compassion and caring. Maybe it is already to late. Most people don't give a crap about anything except furthering their agenda.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

gladtobehere
Just more evidence that the so called "Left" or "liberals" are also war mongers.

Within the 2-headed 1-Party system, there is no side that sincerely stands for peace.

Agreed completely.

The only thing I miss about Bush is that he was never tried for his numerous crimes and put against the wall. Seeing this secession of half-wits in the White House (our coc aine-running, rapist-in-chief, the seriously immature, sock-puppet idiot and now ..... who knows what this current joker is) lends credence that the CIA/military industrial complex may be one of the main puppeteers.

edit on 24-3-2014 by juspassinthru because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Bush was good in some ways but his foreign policy will always be marred by the disaster that is the Iraq war. Afghanistan you can understand because of 9/11 it was in response to a direct attack on the US and action needed to be taken. Anyway considering Bush did nothing when Russia actually bombed Georgia what makes anyone believe he would do something in this situation? If he did do something I stand corrected but I don't remember him doing anything. That happened during the Olympics also which appear to be the official event for US/Russian proxy conflicts as I remember there was provocation in that instance too and more obvious provocation.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

gladtobehere

When Ron Paul ran for POTUS, a true peace candidate, suddenly BOTH sides were attacking his message of peace, diplomacy, trading and prosperity.

And no, we dont miss Bush. Hell no.

Hes the scum bag who put the police state into motion with the DHS, TSA, warrant-less spying, drones, indefinite detentions, citizen watch lists, citizen assassinations, being held indefinitely without charges, incommunicado, suspending habeas corpus, expanding "free speech" zones and on and on.

The piece of filth lied us into a pre-emptive war...

That about says it all...I think!
You could smell Bush from here, 3000 miles away. And now a mad commentator is missing the good old bad old days, Ah bless!

His sense of smell must be very poor, a good part of the African continent in turmoil, mass murder in Mexican drug wars, lawlessness in other parts of South America, lawlessness in Eastern Europe, millions of refugees everywhere, and MAd Max the commentator wants the US to go into Eastern Europe to bash some heads together...he's just like Bush... a fecking comedian.
edit on 24-3-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Diisenchanted

Nope I'm still wishing that we had Ron Paul. We as a country need to keep our nose in our own damn business.

Bush going into Afghanistan and Iraq served no purpose what so ever. All he succeeded in doing was to create

It was media bias like this commentator and Rp's own party factions, that killed RP's chances. It was a total disgrace.
edit on 24-3-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

You really think Dubya was calling the shots?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This dude's attitude when Mr. Bush was in the same boat with Georgia as Obama is with Ukraine was not quite the same. Funny yet so very predictable, how these neo-cons operate.
edit on 3/24/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Why America though? If there's any intervention in Ukraine it should be Europe that intervenes. If there's any in North Korea, it should be China that intervenes.

If neighbors a couple of blocks down the road are shouting at each other, its for their direct neighbors to intervene and say "hey, could you guys calm down?" and if it gets worse its for them to take action.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Much as I like Ron Paul, to go "cold turkey" with his style of foriegn policy would be a time of HUGE upheaval around the world. I seriously doubt that he would ever get elected to a second term there would be so much turmoil. Change like that would only destabilize many countries around the globe and invite more nations to do things similar to what Russia did in Crimea.

Like it or Hate it, PAX AMERICA has kept the world relatively stable and Freedom and Economic opportunity has happened under its watch more than any other world power in History. There are always going to be wars, they just need to be contained, no more World War I's.

Historians will look back on it fairly favorably I think............... compared to how previous World powers have acted, when in the same lead role.

edit on 24-3-2014 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

More to the point...Putin Rolled through Georgia (The Country) complete with tanks and vodka drenched soldiers during Pres. GWB reign and he did nothing.

Pres. GWB was an interventionist as long as it was a Middle Eastern Country that no big players backed. Hell Putin was happy to see us go into Afghanistan, Russia got it's ass kicked there.

Anybody that thinks any other President would send troops to a former satellite republic on Russia's border to fight Russians is full of crap or not thinking straight.
edit on 24-3-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Indigo5

Anybody that thinks any other President would send troops to a former satellite republic on Russia's border to fight Russians is full of crap or not thinking straight.
edit on 24-3-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

I would have to agree with that....... It would be VERY hard to admit Ukaraine into NATO. I was surprised that the Baltic States got admitted into NATO to be honest.

It's a delicate balancing act, protect those States from Papa Russia but at the same time, not poking Russia in the eye with it's border neighbors.

That all being said, any aggression against any of the Baltic States would trigger a NATO response under article 5.

Time for cooler heads on all sides to start calming things down......

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Well, I'll take all the hate... Yeah.. I DO miss Bush, in at least one MAJOR way. It may just be the only major way, too, but there is one very big one.

Bush knew how to size people up and he didn't suffer an inferiority complex for who he appointed to positions of his immediate leadership circle. It didn't help much when he just kinda ignored them, and then fired them like some of his early people on economics (yeah..he started with a couple who could do math without a calculator and computer to spot check what still isn't right).

We likely wouldn't have gotten here in world affairs. Primarily because Bush...while pretty much a bastard in my opinion, on many levels and at least one, somewhat personal, KNEW how to build a war cabinet and he knew when he didn't know enough to step back quietly to let professionals get something done. It's a shame he wasn't so "wise" about decisions to start things which no man's army could do much to see turn out better....but he did have people around him who knew the business of whatever they were doing. Pretty much.....

Who are the 'wise old men' in power now? Valarie Jarret?? Hagel? KERRY? Obama is out of his depth, like MOST Presidents are when real crap hits blades. Presidents are Politicians..not warriors or master diplomats (shouldn't be that way, but welcome to it, eh?) ....most have had good teams to privately turn to and say "awwwwww...crap guys..NOW what?!".

Obama has systematically fired a good % of his military command and his civilian command/cabinet leadership is largely inexperienced or entirely out of their elements of professional competence for the departments they run. It's political to levels Bush didn't go...because media wouldn't let Bush pass gas without a report of the pollution impact and how many were hurt by it.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
If the US want's to be considered a bastion of liberty, leader of the free world, etc., then it cannot hide away and hope that "someone else does all that".

I know plenty of people on here don't think the US is all that stuff - but IMO most of those people have no idea what REAL tyranny and repression is, and they all seem to miss the point that they get to say what they do and actually no-one puts them in jail for it!!

I live in a very small "western" nation - we have no hope of ever being leader of anything except perhaps the Rugby world cup, and so yes, actually "we" do tend to look at the USA as a leader of the western world.....even at the same time decrying it's undoubted screw-ups and laughing at its conspiracy theories.

Sorry about that, but that's reality, not ATS fantasy land.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

PlanetXisHERE

You really think Dubya was calling the shots?

LOL a President whom couldn't pronounce names correctly was calling the shots doubtful on that one. His only there for the media the ones actual making up his speeches whom were doing it for Bush are still there in the White House for Obama hiding among the shadows.
edit on 26-3-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

join