It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grinding Headache - Day Three

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Three days of this grinding headache. You know ... the kind that even the eyes ache like heck. The kind that makes your stomach turn because it hurts so bad. Tylenol isn't touching it. 'Distractions' aren't working. I'm grumpy. I'm angry. That on top of the usual health stuff.

I know what set this off. I'm stressed. The drug manufacturer is out of my medication. They said it'll probably be until 2015 before they are able to make enough again for the demand. I have to take the 'real' Plaquinel, not the generic. The generic has something in it that messes up my eyes. But now there won't be any of the 'real' plaquinel ... so I'll have to play with other drugs. Test them on myself. I just know there will be reactions. There always is.

Stress headache. UGH. I think my eyes are going to pop ... pressure.

You'd think the dang drug companies would be able to get this right.
It's not exactly rocket science .. supply and demand.
Or maybe it's the world situation that is interrupting the drugs?

All I know is I need it for my SJogrens ... and the autonomic neuropathy will go insane without it.
Daggummitt all ...

When I get to 'the other side' of the veil, i'm lodging a complaint with whoever designed us.
They should be fired.
If a company here in the states put out a shoddy product like how the human body is,
the company would go bankrupt.

I figured since the headache is keeping me up AGAIN without sleep ... I'd rant.
Okay ... rant over. (but still can't sleep)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Have you had your eyes checked lately? My wife suffers from cluster migraines and recently she found that she needed glasses. After wearing them for a bit she believes it has helped. They say caffeine helps so down some coffee. You're up already anyways.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I hope you get to feeling better soon FF. It sucks to be that sick with a headache. I suffered from migraines for years until they mysteriously disappeared.

I also hope you can work out something with your medication. We take for granted (USA) that the medications we need we always be available.. and they should be, but far too often they are not. It happens more than most folks realize and it's a little scary to experience it yourself.

All kinds of good thoughts shooting your way.
edit on 3/23/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I have eye issues anyways. Glasses. Eye pressure problems. ('glaucoma suspect')
And they are really dry from the sjogrens. (right now they keep sticking closed from being so dry)
I have to open them with my fingers ... the blinking isn't working. Too dry.
The pressure on them is from the stress headache.
That's why they have been aching for 3 days - the stress headache.

It's always something ....
I know others have it worse but ... ya' know ... it's always something.
UGH.

Rant over/ (again)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Sounds horrible! I once had so much stress at work that I had palpitations plus a migraine. I tried valerian obtained over the counter at my local drug store and it really did the trick.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

I tried that years and years ago. That was good stuff. I can't take it now - the autoimmune has made me have funny reactions. But for those out there who don't have autoimmune .. Valerian is something to consider when you can't sleep and/or have headaches.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

If you can find " genteel " eyedrops - they are great for dry eye syndrome.
I was lucky enough to beat Bell's palsy some years back. Hence my recommendation.

Nothing worse than a constant - distraction resistant - grind !!

You have my wishes for a -
speedy easing of this sucky - sucky thing !!

( sounded like Raj - from big bang then ! )

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

Your avatar is a hoot. I like it.
It made me smile, even though I feel like my head will explode through my eyeballs.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Hehehe! Laughter is the best medicine .
( except when enduring a head splitting migraine or post lobotomy recovery ! )

Have you tried headphones with some of your favourite - soothing vibes ?

Just a thought, as this is a therapy that CAN distract you ...

Feeling for you FF !

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

A star for your headache and a flag for your temper...

Stick around for a bit eh

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Have you tried drinking plenty of water you could be dehidrated water is good especially when you add plenty of j/d [works for me ]

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

sorry to hear that. I suffer from migraines and the pain relief that has worked the quickest is good old 'aspirin'.

I had a migraine for days like you and was taking nurofen and panadol etc and it just did not get rid of it. Dissolved aspirin in some water and the migraine was gone within 20 minutes.

all the best

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   

fill bath with ice and water and climb in it for 5 minutes. Im certain that the shock will have a medicinal effect and relieve all pains for a day.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I feel with you. I suffered over a week and finally went to hospital after I experienced ear tones.
I could not move without pain, noises made me mad but when I covered my head and ears I hear that 8.3kHz tone. After three days without sleep you begin to get crazy. Go to the hospital if it does not get better! It can drive you nuts.
I ended up with tinnitus, ear nerves are damaged now. Do not wait to long! I probably will hear this tone for the rest of my life you do not want this to happen. It could have been prevented. Maybe I can go tomorrow but I still suffer from slight headaches and this #ing tone.
edit on 24-3-2014 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

My stress headaches usually start in my back.

Have you ever considered massage?

Good luck, young lady!

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Do you chew gum.....suger-free type with "Aspartame" in it?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
any neck stiffness?

or other symptoms

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
SJogrens gives headaches all the time. This is a stress headache over the fact that the drug company is completely out of my medication and won't have any until 2015. Any stress with autoimmune will flair the autoimmune symptoms. So I know what is causing it. I just wish it would leave. UGH. I just saw myself in the mirror .. man I look wiped out. (i am)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

nerbot
Do you chew gum.....suger-free type with "Aspartame" in it?

I have lots of neuropathy. I can't chew gum because I'd end up chewing my tongue and it would be a bloody painful mess for a week or two Sometimes I can't feel whats inside my mouth and I trip over my tongue, and I think I'm chewing my lunch but it's really my tongue. Also - not to be gross - but the sjogrens leaves my tongue raw and ulcered. I have open painful sores on it. So no gum.

beezzer
Have you ever considered massage?

My accupuncturist does massage. I used to go to accupuncture - I went 6 times when I first got really sick. It didn't help my disease(s), but for some reason it would put me in a really good mood. It was like it took all the emotional baggage away. It's expensive though. $100 a session. And we don't have that kind of money.

I just have to power through it and wait for it to leave ...

*rant rant rant *

edit on 3/24/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I used to be troubled with debilitating migraines, then I started getting ocular migraines, where my vision was severely disrupted, but no pain.
I have had one each day for the past three days. Yesterday, after the onset of the third one, I was at the grocery store and my right eye crossed... turned to the left, and I of course got double vision. I thought quickly enough to cover my right eye to verify that it was crossed. My vision through my left eye was normal. It only lasted about 30 seconds, but it really did freak me out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join