It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is this 2012 still in Forums ? The "enigma" is over.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

BELIEVERpriest
reply to post by lotusfoot

The date 12/21/12 was not the end of the Mayan calendar. It was the final intercalary benchmark that started a 1,365 day countdoun to the end of the Mayan calendar on 9/16/2016.

I can offer mathematical confirmation here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The "Mayan" calendar is actually a countdown to the beginning of the "End of the Age", starting with the birth of Lamech. Its origins are pre-Mayan...antediluvian to be exact.

Jesus is returning mid September of 2023. That is 7 years after 9/16/2016. On the day of 9/16/2016 the believers in Christ will be removed from the face of the Earth, and God will pour out his wrath on the Earth for 7 years so that the remaining might repent.

All of this can be avoided if you believe that Jesus died for our sins on the cross. If you believe that, then you will be resurrected on 9/16/2016, and taken into heaven.

These calculations have been confirmed supernaturally via prophecy:

gods-messenger.webs.com

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.

I don't know if you're being amusing or serious here.
Is there not something in The Bible about no man knowing the hour or the day of Jesus' return? Something about only The Father knowing when it will happen?

Hopefully someone can give you chapter & verse on that.
edit on 24-3-2014 by EnochRoot because: Just checking

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I can't believe the list of things that finished up right on the year 2012. Did you know the last WWi vet died in 2012. There is something strange about the year and the amount of prophetic fulfilments.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochRoot

No, Im being serious. According to my studies, the rapture should happen on 9/16/2016, but the exact day and hour of Jesus' return to Earth's surface is unknown. That is because the tribulation will be shortened for the sake of the elect. The countdown to the end revealed in daniel (1290, 1335, and 1260 days) indicate that this shortening will be only by a day or two at most. Therefore His return would be sometime in mid September of 2023.

I provided links to my data in my post.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

You dont replace what been said. Its for references to members posts and thread topics, even though its past.

Like we still talk about Bush, or pyramids...or the Kennedy assassination.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I completely understand keeping the forum around for archival purposes.

However, people still appear to be posting there.

Why?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Iconoclast67

Why indeed?

In this case, it's the Schrodinger's Horse syndrome. Don't look that up, I just invented it.

When all the hoopla around 2012 first became popular here, a whole lot of us naturally assumed there wasn't much to it. No, the world was not going to end in December, 2012. Naturally, that couldn't be proven in advance, so we sat there not reallyknowing provably and conclusively if the 2012 theory horse in the box was alive or dead. So rampant speculation and theorizing ensued, people got all het up over it (because that's what we do) and Planet X's and Nibiriu's and benevolent (and not so benevolent) space brothers and ancient spiritual whatevers were contemplated, considered, and mused upon.

So the time comes to open the box and lo and behold the horse is as dead as Kelsey's nuts. But that's never the end of the story. People still lined up to flog said inanimate equine into microscopic horse particles.

You know, people become invested in a topic and it becomes difficult to let go. If it's something they want to continue to talk about, that's sort of our raison d'etre. There's plenty of stuff here I have no interest in whatsoever, forums I probably haven't visited in years unless someone alerts on something and no one else is around to address it.

Why do people continue to be interested in anything? Personal choice.

There are much worse things to devote time to. I'll take a good 2012 dead horse discussion over most of what passes for current cultural touchstones - Beebs or that mullet boy Cyrus's daughter, or that family of Armenians (including their significant whatevers) who destroyed Bruce Jenner. Tip o' the iceberg of what I find non-interesting.

And there you go.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

yeahright
reply to post by Iconoclast67

There are much worse things to devote time to. I'll take a good 2012 dead horse discussion over most of what passes for current cultural touchstones - Beebs or that mullet boy Cyrus's daughter, or that family of Armenians (including their significant whatevers) who destroyed Bruce Jenner. Tip o' the iceberg of what I find non-interesting.

And there you go.

I think the point being raised was that it is now 2014.... ergo, this forum is utterly redundant, pointless and should perhaps be removed.

Maybe another forum pop up in it's place?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Yeah maybe.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: brazenalderpadrescorpio

I'd like to see someone post a thread saying that 2012 was not supposed to be a cataclysmic event in the traditional sense, but a paradigm change. I think that there's a good argument for a paradigm change.

You mean this hasn't been discussed already on ATS?!?!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
They could just rename the forum to "End of the World" or something similar, and let it encompass all doomsday discussions.

<< 1   >>

join