It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millionaire Couple Living on Yacht, Accused of Welfare Fraud

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I wouldn't doubt that these two are the type of rich folk who flaunt it all over the jet set scene.

I also expect that they are also the type who would look down their noses at the inferior "little people" who too often spoil their view with their useless existence. The same poor people who get by on assistance and contribute nothing to the world of the elite except for scrubbing their toilets and changing their bed sheets.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

NavyDoc

Fylgje
Show me an honest rich person. Most rich people didn't get that way by being nice and honest. In other words, I'm not surprised at all. They should get 1000 hours of community service after they get out of prison. But, because they have money, they will just get a slap on the wrist and that will be that. Had they been poor and got caught, they would pay the price. There's two sets of laws in America; One for the non-elites and one for the 1% elites. Which are you?
edit on 24-3-2014 by Fylgje because: typo and to add

Saying that there are no honest wealthy people is just as silly as saying that all poor people are criminals or lazy.

Every demographic has good and bad people.

Do you believe that Stephen king or J.K. Rowling are dishonest simply because they are very wealthy?

Has Stephen or JK done anything to help the people of their community? Or can they not see the poor part of town out the windows of their mansions on the hill? It's not just about dishonesty....it's about common decency.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

I'm more worried about the Millionaire Couple Living in DC. They rape us far more than these scumbags and rarely get prosecuted.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Fylgje

NavyDoc

Fylgje
Show me an honest rich person. Most rich people didn't get that way by being nice and honest. In other words, I'm not surprised at all. They should get 1000 hours of community service after they get out of prison. But, because they have money, they will just get a slap on the wrist and that will be that. Had they been poor and got caught, they would pay the price. There's two sets of laws in America; One for the non-elites and one for the 1% elites. Which are you?
edit on 24-3-2014 by Fylgje because: typo and to add

Saying that there are no honest wealthy people is just as silly as saying that all poor people are criminals or lazy.

Every demographic has good and bad people.

Do you believe that Stephen king or J.K. Rowling are dishonest simply because they are very wealthy?

Has Stephen or JK done anything to help the people of their community? Or can they not see the poor part of town out the windows of their mansions on the hill? It's not just about dishonesty....it's about common decency.

So if someone who has more than you doesn't give you stuff, they are immoral, dishonest, and not decent people?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
If he is a welfare cheat I think the best punishment is for liquidation of all his assets as punishment is in order

In fact I think that should be the punishment of all welfare cheats rich and poor

O and life time ban on claiming welfare themselves mwhahahaha

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

How is this not only a surprise, but an issue?

Thousands of people cheat/scam Welfare. Just because these people have 3 million in the bank makes them a big deal??

How about the people paying cash for booze that use welfare to pay for food and diapers???

There is a reason why Govt provided welfare is crap.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

macman

How is this not only a surprise, but an issue?

Thousands of people cheat/scam Welfare. Just because these people have 3 million in the bank makes them a big deal??

How about the people paying cash for booze that use welfare to pay for food and diapers???

There is a reason why Govt provided welfare is crap.

Certainly it is a system rife with corruption and fraud and abuse. All it is, is buying votes with taxpayer dollars.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Not me. I got everything the hard way. I'm saying that if you ever end up with millions, most of which you will never spend, I think you should help the less fortunate no matter what. If I won the lottery, and seen somebody who needed a new vehicle(who is obviously poor) I would buy them one. If I was driving down the road and saw some houses or whatever that needed some work done, I would take care of it. I care about people, 99.9% of rich people only care about themselves. You should always give back, not because someone wants you to but because us humans should help each other and care about each other, especially in our own communities.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
they are not the only ones....
www.dailykos.com...
and let's not forget the millionaires that collect unemployment...
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

But wait a second. They "paid into" the system. Why shouldn't they get back what they paid into?

I thought it was "Unemployment" Insurance. Not "Don't have money" Insurance.

Love it when you and others push the whole 'It's different' thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join