It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it always, God's fault, when something goes wrong!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Why is it always God's fault when something goes wrong......and when something goes right according to ones thinking...always ends up as '''I ''' take credit!!!

Why do people detest the things that seem bad......as an act of God......and those that are ''good'' are something that they take the credit for???

Because mankind has always wanted to be held in high position and not know that all will die in the flesh.....and become like the earth.......... trodden down by others!!!

Everything happens for a reason..........and whether someone can see it or not, it is for the best, although to some it may seem like a vengeance.... ........blaming God for all wrong doings is like hating the things that may benefit us........
It is easy to blame someone else ....and hard to take the blame for ourselves!
it is easy to seem all good and proper in ones mind,
it is easy to fool ones mind in being thought of as all correct and no blame for one self when things go wrong..........
It is easy to put blame on one that cannot answer back to us...........

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I haven't blamed God for anything, if it was my fault then I blame myself.

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Its a conspiracy, we're all in on it! We're all part of it.
The head honcho is his truly God Almighty. He started it all he gets the blame. That simple, o.k.

Now how do we get out of it.

Simple, Burn your bible Helen. Forget God. No more questions no more blame.

[Edited on 25-5-2003 by Maddas]

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Why do people say......Oh my God!!!
What did you do that for???

Although this was not directed delibrately at God, it was said.........Why not say.........Oh my Demon!!
Bloody fool, why did you do that!!!

Ok.....that was a bit off line....but i hopeone knows what i mean......
I would probably burn my Bible when im finished reading it!!!
AndI'm not even 1/4 through it!
And then again.........there are plenty of other books to burn!!!

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Why burn books? That seems so Nazi

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Why burn books? That seems so Nazi

I have an open fire place!!!

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Perfect reasoning.

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Perfect reasoning.

I thought so!

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 01:44 AM
link   
God created and is the reason for everything. But we need to take credit for something or what would be the point of life if we did nothing. So it�s only logical to take credit for the good stuff if you blamed all the bad things on our selves you would just be angry at your self and that�s just not fun.

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 11:33 AM
link   
First time Helen hasn't mention Jesus!?!? What's the world coming to. Just messin with ya Helen. Seriously though I think it is because people don't want to take responsibility for there actions. We create our reality. Plain and simple

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Human nature loves having a scapegoat to blame things on. What better scapegoat than an Almighty Being who controls the Universe and knows everything?

Existential philosophy believes that we are each responsible for our own lives. If we're making poor choices or not using our abilities - then that's on us, not God.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 07:10 AM
link   
GOD DOESNT EXIST.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 04:49 AM
link   
But anyway..helen I do blame God for some things that happen, and I blame Satan for some, and then people are too blame as well..we make choices that cause certain things to happen and then sometimes the choice is made for us, by a higher power or another human being...that's just the way life is unfortunately

Mag

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
Why is it always God's fault when something goes wrong.

Okay... here we go again:
Christians claim that God is omniscient (knows everything from the beginning of time to the end of time), omnipotent (is in control of everything), and omnipresent (knows what you are thinking and is everywhere at once.)

That means he knows all possibilities. He knows that if he put that particular buffalo in this particular location, that the natives will miss the herd and therefore they won't get a kill that day and someone will starve and this child won't be born and therefore those descendants won't be born and so forth. In fact, he knows all the consequences of moving that animal anywhere at any time.

God is in control.

Therefore, it IS his fault when things happen that we don't like. That's God's plan. Since he doesn't take action to change things, this means that things are going along the course he ordained for it -- including sending the majority of all humans who ever lived to hell because they didn't worship Jesus.

And you apparently haven't been hanging around the fundamentalist boards because they don't blame God, they praise him for the good and the bad.

Those who don't believe in Jehovah have a different take on matters.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Byrd you don't know what the hell your taking about

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Where do you think I'm in error, Alao?

The Christian doctrine of God is that he is ominpotent, omniscient, and omnipresent -- surely you don't have an argument with that?

As to the rest, I simply repeated the doctrine of the Calvanist Christian schools -- that because God is ominpotent, omniscient, and omnipresent, everything is destiny. It's called the "doctrine of Unconditional Election" in Christianity and goes hand in hand with "Once Saved Always Saved."

This isn't my theology; it's mainstream Christian theology. Those who believe this are following the Calvinist philosophy. Those who do NOT believe God is all the above are said to be Arminianists and in denial of God's sovereignty.

Or are you arguing that fundamentalist Christians don't both blame and praise God? I can show you a number of Christian boards where this goes on all the time and where the population is Biblical literalists/fundamentalists.

So which of my points did you feel were incorrect?

[Edited on 27-5-2003 by Byrd]

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Wow, especially helen, don't you remember why it is his fault? His divine plan!!!! He came up with a plan, he set it out, what happens is because of that plan. So all his fault. Hitler, 9/11, SARS, AIDS, WWII, Bush being president, all that his fault.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I'm sorry!
But people do have their choice on what goes on in their lives!!!
People have a ''FREE WILL'' and do what they think of it......
God does not interfere with each persons ''FREE WILL'' if He did, then we would not be the people we are.....

We are free to make the choices in life..which direction to take,
what path we follow.....
Whom we chose to follow...
And what we choose to do in our lives!!!
Be it good or bad....we have that ''FREE WILL ''' THAT ONLY OURSELVES ARE TO BLAME!!!
Blaming God for the misfortunes of life is totally ABSURD..
If one has any sense,than one has only themselves to blame!!!
It is a choice....
And that choice is up to you!!!

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
But...let's suppose then, that Satan is responsible for bad stuff, and God is responsible for good stuff. If this is the case, then in the scoring game, Satan is way out ahead, and God could double his score, and still not be halfway there.

For a great illustration though, go see the movie "Bruce Almighty"...quite an interesting take....

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   
well there Helen
everybody must be responsible for their actions
on the other hand
if everything happens for a reason, it must certainly be God's reason
for they are not all mine

top topics

<<   2 >>

join