It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are women the true spiritual leaders?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

defuntion

theabsolutetruth
reply to post by Willtell

Well said, good post.

There is already a decline in the male population, as well as a weakening of their genetics.

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole gay increase and feminising of men is mother natures way of redressing the balance from all the hideous misogyny.

This subject is something that I have lived with since I was born, a mother that favoured the male. The violent, egotistical selfishness of a male sibling was implanted, nurtured, and rewarded. My childhood was like some sort of hell at 'home' because of this. No wonder I threw myself wholeheartedly into education, work and left that 'home' as soon as I could. I was literally told that females were ''lesser, not the decision makers, unimportant etc'' and forced to do housework from an early age while my male sibling didn't do any and was ran after hand and foot and declared ''head of the house'' before even hitting puberty.

Sounds like the dark ages, Victorian era, some traditional Indian households or the 1800's, but no, average white people of European ethnicity growing up in the UK in the 70's and 80's.

So it isn't just the male attitudes than need challenging it is the attitudes of women that have bought into the male hierarchy and subservience of females.
edit on 23-3-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

Sounds like your problem with men is you had bad parents and an annoying brother.
So, now all men need to learn some manners...
I think your attitude needs challenged. Get a grip. Really.

The playing field is equal. There are plenty of female turds out there ruining the world alongside the males..

There is something to be said for power that corrupts...totally.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

BuzzyWigs
reply to post by Logarock

The reason some women are obsessed with all this is because they are really no better than their male counterparts who are obsessed with control, power ect.

I'm getting the feeling - or message - that you are very bitter and angry at the world and your circumstances.

I actually see and believe this about the idea of an elevated womanhood to the point of deification. Lots and lots of nonsense floats around the subject. Its not good for women and most that hover around the idea have issues with many things. I am sorry you see it as bitter. Maybe you are projecting.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
We are all our own spiritual leaders. Male or female. We listen to and read about what other people have to say about spiritual philosophy, then we compare it to our own observations, and we decide if it's accurate or not. Then we just go ahead and live our lives according to what we put together, modifying it if necessary depending on our changing experiences.

Women are no more inherently "spiritual" than men.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Everyone is intrinsically spiritual. People who think they are more spiritual than others , perhaps because they perform more rituals, read more "spiritual" literature, or engage in more enthusiasm, are merely people who act as if they are more spiritual, but on a fundamental level, aren't.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Logarock

BuzzyWigs

The reason some women are obsessed with all this is because they are really no better than their male counterparts who are obsessed with control, power ect.

I'm getting the feeling - or message - that you are very bitter and angry at the world and your circumstances.

I actually see and believe this about the idea of an elevated womanhood to the point of deification. Lots and lots of nonsense floats around the subject. Its not good for women and most that hover around the idea have issues with many things. I am sorry you see it as bitter. Maybe you are projecting.

There is no elevated womanhood in reality, but obviously there is one that exists within your life's experiences or you mind. Perhaps you are projecting.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

Did you read and do you understand the topic of this thread?

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Aphorism
Everyone is intrinsically spiritual. People who think they are more spiritual than others , perhaps because they perform more rituals, read more "spiritual" literature, or engage in more enthusiasm, are merely people who act as if they are more spiritual, but on a fundamental level, aren't.

Yes. However the topic, the question of this thread asks if women are "naturally" the spiritual leaders I suppose in any given circumstance. Do women posses a superiority here innately?

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

I admire your courage, as a woman, not to turn this into a gender thing. There are too many forces in the world setting men and women against each other when the true spiritual reality is a union of male and female energy. That is the spiritual reality of sex. It is not an accident of nature that sex brings new life, not just in terms of a physical child but in terms of spiritual union and growth. Marriage is a spiritual vocation and the denigration of men or women is evil.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Logarock

BuzzyWigs

Well you may want to bone up. That was the whole idea of the pagan female divine. And your are right they did provide balance....a balance between the male and female attributes

I refer you to the ancient British pre-Roman times mythology.

Druids were men with spiritual knowledge; the Ladies of Avalon were held as equally important. They worked together.

Bone up on what?

The reason some women are obsessed with all this is because they are really no better than their male counterparts who are obsessed with control, power ect. You need to ask yourself if its really balance between the male and female that you truly want. Now my point has been be it balanced, male of female dominated, the pagans are nothing to exemplify gender attributes. They have used it all as control mechanisms. Who cares it the Druids and the Lady's of Avalon were on some sort of equal footing....you get the same from both...don't step out of line. You kiss Odin's ass or you kiss the ass of Sofia....but you will kiss some ass. You get the control freaks at both directions.

I don't believe the myth that men are out to dominate women. There is a conflict between men and women and it is rooted in fear of love. It is just that in some respects - in the external world - men have more freedom. We never plotted this, it just happened that way. We are not obsessed, by and large, with control, no more than women are. The will to control exists in both sexes. It is based on fear.

We are not out to dominate women, we are - as they are - involved in a conflict that goes both ways. Gender hatred is fear of love.
edit on 29-3-2014 by EnPassant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

"Men, as leaders, can too easily fall to lust & attraction because of testostrone/hormonal influence. Sometimes to aggressive
Women, as leaders, can too easily fall to emotions lows/highs due to their own hormonal cycles. Sometimes too passive."

It is a myth that men are lust monsters. Women are equally lustful, but they are more subtle about it.
edit on 29-3-2014 by EnPassant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by zuimon

True spirituality is beyond gender. It is the UNION of male and female. This is why the Church teaches that marriage is sacred.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by zuimon

Women have a tendency towards intuition (but I know men who are intuitive) and men tend to be logical and abstract (but I know women who are intellectual too). Both are qualities that are good and necessary.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

Yeah, I agree, and while I generalised, it wasn't meant as any kind of "men are better than women at x" kind of thing, just a theory, in the same way that my Mrs makes fun of how I can cook, fix an engine and help the kids with their homework, but not all at once

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zuimon

Somewhere in the Bible it says 'And a new thing shall come to pass, a woman shall encompass a man'. *L* Wonder what that's about?

Also, I believe that men have been dominant in religion for so long, to protect women as Eve was guilty of the first sin, but men are guilty of much more, such as wars, false religions and religious crusades.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join