It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are women the true spiritual leaders?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

BuzzyWigs
reply to post by AthlonSavage

What? I have control over my life, my decisions, and that's it.

You don't like my driving? What are you talking about?? Women keep the peace, the home, and raise the kids. Men are the conquerors/hunters - since caveman days. Women help keep things balanced, help men understand themselves, and are tuned in to others more than men are. Plus, we have babies. Ha.

You have just areported on the dual archetypes of the masculine/feminine.

Examples of feminine archetype aligned behavior:

- planting seed
- creating bedding
- cooking food

Examples of masculine archetype behavior

- plowing the field
- cutting the reeds for bedding
- killing game for food

In ancient minds, this is how things were seen. They attached the concept of "as above, so below" to everything. To be honest, this makes sense if you understand how humans like to think. We are analogy and metaphor driven, seeing relational aspects across the spectrum. Which, while a diversion from this topic, is extremely interesting to discuss on its own

We are a product of ancient peoples, but filtered through the ages. That being said, the "problems" with society as a whole have nothing to do with the masculine/feminine aspect. It has to do with human flaws, the result of intelligence mixed with and ability to lie. Men and women both do this, and are very adept at it. You cannot separate the behaviors of one from the other....because the behaviors arise from being human, not from being male/female..

I will conclude with: misandry is every bit as ugly as misogyny. For whatever that is worth.
edit on 3/28/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

All of this is just the overblown fixation on certain male and female attributes morphed into some superhuman divine qualities for the masses to chew on.

I think religions bear the brunt of having created that mess.

So, I don't follow them.

And yes, I'm aware of the ancient reverence for the feminine aspect of the divine. Trying to suppress it was wrong. For all its heinous and egregious faults, at least the Roman Catholics kept that feminine aspect intact with their attitude towards "The Virgin Mary"...
the Protestants shoved her out into the cold, naked and alone.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Women were the first magicians. That's why they became branded as witches. Every new religious system requires the former's deities, to become the demons of the new religion. Every ancient Matriarchal society was prosperous, wise, and peaceful. Look at what destruction the rule of men has brought. These energies are already rebalancing themselves.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I will conclude with: misandry is every bit as ugly as misogyny. For whatever that is worth.

It is, I agree.

And btw, I don't like women in general. I much prefer the company of men. So many women today are just mean; starts in grammar school - that competitiveness and underhanded nastiness, "once a mean girl, always a mean girl." And wow do women hold grudges...

at least men just have a fist-fight and then get over it and have a beer together; all forgotten, slate wiped clean.
Women, not so much. They might forgive, but they never forget.

Young women, college coeds, for example, start realizing this in their freshman year...they expect the middle and high school bullcrap to be overwith, like we'll all finally grow up and get along. They are blown away by the childish, petty squabbling, and cattiness....I tell them, "I know, you'd think it would finally be outgrown. But it won't ever change."

Now being post-menopausal, I can tell you it sure does tone down that temper.

Maiden/Mother/Crone.... a crone no longer has to engage in cat-fighting, primping, prancing, and flirting for survival.

edit on 3/28/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Oannes
Women were the first magicians. That's why they became branded as witches. Every new religious system requires the former's deities, to become the demons of the new religion. Every ancient Matriarchal society was prosperous, wise, and peaceful. Look at what destruction the rule of men has brought. These energies are already rebalancing themselves.

You mean like this...

This is from the female deity cult center at Palermo. Yea I am feeling the love and peace here let me tell you. A woman and her dogs of war.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

And btw, I don't like women in general. I much prefer the company of men. So many women today are just mean; starts in grammar school - that competitiveness and underhanded nastiness, "one a mean girl, always a mean girl."

Youd hate the Mother divine then shes as Catty as they come.
Tattoos and all, she probably also drinks beer and smokes just like a man

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

There's a reason for that cliche, a woman whose kids/home/family are threatened becomes a Mama bear. It can't be helped.

My husband says, "She's a wonderful woman, but don't piss her off."

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I enjoy the company of crones.
Not romantically (should that need to be said for other readers). But conversationally. I like older men, too.

But with old women, i find more frequently an elegance in the way they talk and think. I am not sure if they are a product of their era, or years. You find it in some older men, too. But not as often as in women.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

BuzzyWigs

All of this is just the overblown fixation on certain male and female attributes morphed into some superhuman divine qualities for the masses to chew on.

And yes, I'm aware of the ancient reverence for the feminine aspect of the divine. Trying to suppress it was wrong. For all its heinous and egregious faults, at least the Roman Catholics kept that feminine aspect intact with their attitude towards "The Virgin Mary"...
the Protestants shoved her out into the cold, naked and alone.

The protestants venerate Mary, Ester ect. What they shoved out was this pagan Queen of Heaven aspect that the Romans so love. Chief mourner for the dead goddess nonsense that goes back to the roots of paganism.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Tattoos and all, she probably also drinks beer and smokes just like a man

I know! right? (Yes, I have a tattoo and drink beer and smoke. Ha. But I didn't when I was pregnant or during the time my kids were in school. Once the 24/7 was done, though, and the kids were grown, well - no longer a reason to present oneself as the pure virgin). Maybe you have an issue with what they call the Madonna Complex?

You want a virgin to marry, but would rather hang out with the brazen types. Right?

Women find each other to be threats nowadays. Those peaceful, prosperous societies that were Matriarchal didn't have that problem. Now we have to fight for it. See what happened when the reverence for the feminine was suppressed?

I do have some close female friends, btw, and am quite tight with my mum and daughter. Aside from them, though, I don't need or particularly enjoy the company of women.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I know! right?

I wish you well on your quest to the stars in the spirit sky. As for me im gonna go sleep I find a better company of person there.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

BuzzyWigs

There's a reason for that cliche, a woman whose kids/home/family are threatened becomes a Mama bear. It can't be helped.

My husband says, "She's a wonderful woman, but don't piss her off."

Yes to be sure but hyped up to War Goddess status, bringer of destruction and death....with that motherly quality driving the empire ever onward. This is certainly not the peaceful world the above poster sought to represent with the finer female qualities.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

But none of them consider women sacred.
Neither does Islam or Judaism. They're all about keeping women quiet and out of sight.
LOL

The old "pagan ideas" still have a lot to offer. Too bad you're so sour on them that you can't appreciate the balance they provide.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

BuzzyWigs

Women find each other to be threats nowadays. Those peaceful, prosperous societies that we Matriarchal didn't have that problem. Now we have to fight for it. See what happened when the reverence for the feminine was suppressed?

Oh contrair, this is what happened when women bought into the bull. That there was never a peaceful and prosperous societies without men and women working together. Feminism in the country gave birth to this generation of discontented and hostile women. It wasn't religion, men or the suppression. Lawyers maybe.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Logarock

BuzzyWigs

Women find each other to be threats nowadays. Those peaceful, prosperous societies that we Matriarchal didn't have that problem. Now we have to fight for it. See what happened when the reverence for the feminine was suppressed?

Oh contrair, this is what happened when women bought into the bull. That there was never a peaceful and prosperous societies without men and women working together. Feminism in the country gave birth to this generation of discontented and hostile women. It wasn't religion, men or the suppression. Lawyers maybe.

I am neither a discontented nor a hostile woman, yet I believe in the core values of feminism, and I don't buy into either the patriarchial, matriarchial, religious limiting programming that still exists within our societies. Perhaps that comes with thinking for oneself and not letting others do it for me.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Well, not sure if that's a snide slap in the face, or an actual token of appreciation.

Hmmmm.....*taps lips with finger*...which to choose? *scratches head*

For your sake, I'm going to go with actual token of appreciation. Sleep sweet.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Feminism in the country gave birth to this generation of discontented and hostile women. It wasn't religion, men or the suppression.

Au contraire, mon frere, one must consider how feminism arose before one can deconstruct the fall-out.

Religion is to blame.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

BuzzyWigs

But none of them consider women sacred.
Neither does Islam or Judaism. They're all about keeping women quiet and out of sight.
LOL

The old "pagan ideas" still have a lot to offer. Too bad you're so sour on them that you can't appreciate the balance they provide.

Well you may want to bone up. That was the whole idea of the pagan female divine. And your are right they did provide balance....a balance between the male and female attributes blown into a major league control mechanism. Its very common on ATS to see all sorts of themes on the religious control mechanism, but you will not often find the ancient pagan religions, the deification of the male and female "divine qualities" as the driver for centuries of death and destruction. Mother and father "god" watching over us as we go into war!

The ego of Sol driving men to war watched over by mother Hecate for safe passage into the next world. What pure bull. And when Zeus is not around fear not because mother of war will lead to great victory!

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Well you may want to bone up. That was the whole idea of the pagan female divine. And your are right they did provide balance....a balance between the male and female attributes

I refer you to the ancient British pre-Roman times mythology.

Druids were men with spiritual knowledge; the Ladies of Avalon were held as equally important. They worked together.

Bone up on what?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

BuzzyWigs

Feminism in the country gave birth to this generation of discontented and hostile women. It wasn't religion, men or the suppression.

Au contraire, mon frere, one must consider how feminism arrose before one can deconstruct the fall-out.

Religion is to blame.

But it wasn't religion that the feminists were after. They stepped away from that years ago. Now in a state of discontent, despite all the equality provided women in our society these days, any negatives are still pined on the donkey of man and religion. Self determination of women has provided no growth in this area. Gots to blame someone I suppose.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join