It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands Sign White House Petition for Alaska to Secede and Join Russia

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

VirusGuard
Well if you dig deep then you might find out that the USA had plans to take Canada from the British by force at the end of WWII and the British knew about the plan and decided to give it up without a fight should the USA attack and use naval force to attack the USA.

You don't have to dig too deep to find out about War Plan red - which was between the wars, not at the end of WW2.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
obvious Russian propaganda.... How cute though...

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 999zxcv

The communist killed all of the tzars, their kids and all so I would say that their interests and the interests of current Russians leaders are vastly different.

The Tsars were of course the "last" of the Roman empire unless of course that is you don't count the current US. The Tsars and the US had much closer values thus there would not be as much friction. Me being black and sometimes having to deal with judgement and stereotypes would pick the US way of life any day. Russia just sent tanks over the border and took land, and many on here say that oh'boy. If the US had done this on the other hand had done that the world would be up in arms. Pure hypocrisy and it doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Cydonia2012
obvious Russian propaganda.... How cute though...

If it's obvious you must have many sources.

Please provide.

Or....

Peace

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Holy cow I was unaware of this!

not sure what to say just subscribing.

I'm in AK so this is pretty interesting

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Similar tongue-in-cheek campaign? At least people still have a sense of humor.

Ukraine: Campaign for Donetsk 'to join UK'

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Lets start a petition for Texas to join Mexico. Half the population there is Mexican anyway. Then we can build and enforce a real boarder.
edit on 24-3-2014 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

They (the people of) want Alaska to become a part of Russia!?

Wouldn't it just be easier to pack up and move to Russia?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Alaska and the Yukon should succeed from their respective nations and form a new neutral country.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

wantsome
Lets start a petition for Texas to join Mexico. Half the population there is Mexican anyway. Then we can build and enforce a real boarder.
edit on 24-3-2014 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

Half? thats it?

Here in southern California, at least 75%.

Lets give Mexico the southern half of california too, build a HUGE wall manned with mk-19's and let them all know. NEVER CROSS.

then the remaining part of California will stay nice, litter free, and relatively American and English speaking.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

As opposed to south California, which is English and Spanish speaking and ENTIRELY American??

You do realize that English is NOT the official language of the USA don't you??

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
People are trolling if they are thinking Alaska is going to Secede.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

jude11

stirling
Canada may mass troops on the border soon......three mounties and their dog Rex....................
This has to be more sideways Russian propaganda.....they must have a huge Cyber team working 24/7 right now....

Take a look at your history.

Canada has defeated the US 4 times in the beginning of the struggles of this land. We had natives, french men and a few huskys...White House? BOOM! Sorry about the fire

Peace

Three trolls and a baggie, youtube it LOL And I think the WH burned TWICE! But that's not because of the American people, they're great (I hope they still are), it's all about the assclowns in politics.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

greysave
reply to post by 999zxcv

The communist killed all of the tzars, their kids and all so I would say that their interests and the interests of current Russians leaders are vastly different.

The Tsars were of course the "last" of the Roman empire unless of course that is you don't count the current US. The Tsars and the US had much closer values thus there would not be as much friction. Me being black and sometimes having to deal with judgement and stereotypes would pick the US way of life any day. Russia just sent tanks over the border and took land, and many on here say that oh'boy. If the US had done this on the other hand had done that the world would be up in arms. Pure hypocrisy and it doesn't make sense to me.

Rumor has it that one girl survived the carnage that happened to the tzars family and the standard of life then over there was good till the revolution by the bolshevik's , let's just call them jew's and be done with it then look at the affect it had on history there after 30 million killed in the Ukraine in the 30s the same tribe that decimated both black and white in the slave trade for vast profit .

supplied the German military in ww2 and have taken over congress and every newspaper and t.v station on the planet and the three biggest industry's are banking/arms/drugs

All these things keep mankind down and are all headed by our good friends who have a track record second to none when it comes to the philanthropic work and human rights

the older i get the less sense anything makes maybe it is all the drink

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Hmmm, seems we have a bunch of Lower 48 imposters speaking for us. Secession is not the goal; taking over and complete domination is what we're after.

I'm amazed whenever I see this sort of thing suggested, rather than suggesting we solve our problems and clean up our own mess instead.
I suspect those who want this are more a part of the problem than the solution themselves.

To play well with others requires the ability to compromise and work together on solutions to problems; not starting a new mess from scratch as a form of temper tantrum, because we can't have everything our own way.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

AS long as they don't say we are by HI i will be happy with it...

Grim
edit on 25/3/2014 by Grimmley because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Lol join Russia..LMAO yeah no... That is sooo not going to happen... If anything we would form our own country lol..

That reminds me,I remember about 15 years ago, or there about, there was a movement to have AK, Yukon, BC, WA, OR, ID, MN to cede and form a country... That was interesting idea in and of it's self.

We don't need to leave the U.S. we just need to have the EPA and what not to but out of our business, our environmental laws are some of the most if not the most stringent in the country, and let us develop our state...

Grim

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
After reading the article, there is just one small tiny detail that those who have signed the petition have seemed to forget in the first place and that is history.

Technically, Alaska, can not go back to Russia, not without Russia, re-imbursing the USA for the land. You see, back in 1867, Russia signed over Alaska, lock, stock and barrel to the USA for 7.2 million dollars. The purchase was called, Stewarts Foley, as it was considered to be a bad investment at the time. Now if the inhabitants of Alaska, wants to go to Russia, well there is nothing stopping them from going and requesting asylum and leaving the USA. Now if they want to take the state with them, well then there would be the matter of reimbursing the USA for all moneys spent in that state, along with the original purchase price and of course the interest. I am sure a nice large number will come to mind, though I seriously doubt that Russia would be willing to pay for such.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Well, if countries are allowed to unite(if they so choose), then logically, they should also be allowed to break free if they want.
Otherwise, you're just forcing people to live under conditions that they don't want.

Imagine a world without nukes, what would be the difference if the world was one big country, or many many small states where people with similar interests were allowed to govern themselves? The answer is nothing. The only reason to form big countries would be for self-security(well, that is, unless you're a dictator and planned to take over the world), but that's not necessary now that the world is relatively peaceful.

And no, nukes are not the reason there's no WW3. Without nukes, no country would be stupid enough to start a war without reasons, as the entire world would be against them. The Internet is the reason why there's no WW3, yet. The Internet has led to more knowledge, worldwide communication and empathy. According to Dr Michio Kaku, the Internet has made us a Type-I civilization, and I would argue that the Internet was probably developed or at least aided by UFOs, but that's another discussion.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

Hawaii, is a #pit with no real value for the United States, beyond the strategic placement.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join