It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Clancy last book Command Authority Predicted Crimea annexation posthumously

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
It always strikes me when Precursors to events are found,

Of course they are always found after the fact, and pointed to.

Gives them a Bit of Plausible deniability

Interesting that Clancys last book published after his death made the Claim it was going to happen, I know Clancy was a student of politics and world history.

He would of known trends that could be coming just from studying the landscape, still food for thought.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
There are a lot of people who saw Putin for exactly who and what he is. It's too bad none of them are anywhere near power. I'm not saying we need a war, but someone able to see this coming and deal accordingly with Russia as the wolf it is might have been able to forestall this with real strength of character and diplomacy. Instead, we got the overcharge button.
edit on 23-3-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

ketsuko
There are a lot of people who saw Putin for exactly who and what he is. It's too bad none of them are anywhere near power. I'm not saying we need a war, but someone able to see this coming and deal accordingly with Russia as the wolf it is might have been able to forestall this with real strength of character and diplomacy. Instead, we got the overcharge button.
edit on 23-3-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

Certainly that could be the case,

But a quick search shows a large example set of these types of things happening before major events.

Lone gunman eps predicts 911, Knowing talking about the oil spill, theater shootings in rap videos, cd labels showing the twin towers burning to be released on the day of 911.

I am sure there are more examples.

Taken apart they seem like random chance, but there sure is a lot of them.

It leads me to ponder.

Collective unconscious, Nefarious rubbing in our faces, Random chance in an infinite universe?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

There were a number of others who predicted this as well. Romney, Palin, I'd bet but don't know for sure, Condy.

So many criticize U.S. for being overly aggressive, yet as soon as a weak President gains power, the lesser dogs make their moves...Putin has at most three years.....

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

nwtrucker
reply to post by benrl

There were a number of others who predicted this as well. Romney, Palin, I'd bet but don't know for sure, Condy.

So many criticize U.S. for being overly aggressive, yet as soon as a weak President gains power, the lesser dogs make their moves...Putin has at most three years.....

Oh well, Sarah Palin predicted it as well...

Nvm, thought it was interesting but if she could of guessed it, writing on the wall eh?

Broke clock right once in a while?

or all just play acting to an agenda?

Prime the pump as you will, set the pieces in place, and let things happen?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Tom Clancy was often privy to Top Secret military technology. To write of many of the things he wrote about could only come from having inside knowledge.

The book title eludes me at this very moment, but I read a Clancy novel about 18 months ago that was about the use of super computers and the use of silicon technology. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if in the next few months or years there was an incident that is basically straight out of this Clancy book.

But most people get caught up in the adventures of Agent Smith rather than seeing the underlying message. The story line is just to keep it in the fiction section. But the message is a lot closer to reality.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Hard to say. There is so much media released, and in something like those you mention, they need plausible scenarios. So, if you get enough of them ... would it be implausible to think that someone is going to hit the jackpot from time to time? Also, when it comes to Clancy, the guy was really plugged in with the kinds of people that could construct really plausible scenarios.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Honestly?

Thats kinda my view,

All this stuff isn't secret, the truth is always infront of us if we are just willing to look.

Clancy like others, wasn't distracted and saw the overall trends and arcs in history.

Like good sci-fi its predictive because hes observant, I just find it fun to speculate at times, it could be something more.

Logic tells me its not, but who knows.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Also, everyone laughs at Palin's predicting this, but seriously, she was the governor of Alaska. Russia is their close neighbor as is Canada. She had to deal with both nations as the governor. While many laugh at and discount her experience of dealing with Russian government thanks to Tina Fey, she likely did pick up some idea of the tenor and attitude of Putin's administration.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Could be as you say. Then again, maybe not. I surely wouldn't know.

History is full of examples of it, though. Not a hard prediction to make.

We, as a race, haven't change one bit...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Clancy also predicted 9/11 in a way. I forget the book but a Japanese pilot crashes an airliner into the capital. killing everyone until Jack Ryan becomes president as. Sec Def?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Very interesting.
I have nothing of value to add, I just want to bookmark this to see what others say on the subject.

S+F

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

spoilers below:

debt of honor,and it was an airliner crashed)the pilot watched his brother killed by American fighter pilots) in to the capitol building following the brief war between japan and usa in that time line and jack ryan was made vp temporarily due to the president being removed and then at the coronation 8 of 10 supreme court justices were killed,80% of senate and the house and pretty much every politican but him(executive orders) . of note and in that time line Russia and America have gotten rid of their ICBMs and only have gravity bomb nukes i dont even think they have missiles on their boomers in that time line. the japanese American war in the previous book was caused by japan after every one gave up icbms secretly producing and threatening the west and nato with them while trying to rebuild ww2 co east prosperity sphere

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
there is another angle I had not considered.

As this is ATS.

Anyone else noticing examples in the media, where Russia, is now a serious threat, or they changed the stance.

I was just discussing this with a friend, and their first response was about the Animated series Archer.

The entire plot up till this season, has been about a Spy agency, Mocking Russia and its incompetence, two bungling spy agencies, That plot has been dropped, and the show reworked.

Just follow the thinking, Perhaps, agendas are sold and pushed, not just in the News, but in pop culture.

A why to prime the public for certain thoughts, just throwing this out there, to see if others can see other examples of Entertainment seeming to foreshadow ideas.

It gives the new agenda some credence, we can all now look back and say

"SEE, Crimea was written all over the walls"

AS so many have jumped up to say.

Again just Postulating something to speculate on.
edit on 23-3-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
FYI:This book was co-authored (written) by Mark Greaney. The last 4 books of Clancy's were written with other writers. I have read that you can recognize the difference in the co-authors styles.

Don't know if Clancy and his co-authors were privy to secret info or not. As someone said. Palin saw this coming, so it must have been a pretty good guess it was coming, if you did a little research. Or in Palin's case, her assistants did a little research.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I bought a computer game (built by Russians) on Su-27 simulation in late 1990s that had the Crimea scenario.

Ukraine has been used by the West for anti-Russian activities ever since breakdown of USSR.

It is just that Russia has now grown the balls to act.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Interesting.
Maybe it is some secret society tipping its hand, perhaps it is the collective consciousness itself, or might it have been some muse influencing Clancy directly?
We'll probably never know.

But I do know one thing, some of the higher ups in this globalist network we talk about so often are dark occultists, and they do love their symbols.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

I have recently come across one report where Putin is getting some new support from further up the food chain

www.veteranstoday.com...

As for what to make of it and just how accurate it is is open to a lot of opinion, time will tell if the tide has turned for the Zionist gangsters.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
One of the most terrifying things about the culture that is created here in America, is that is for the most part solely from the idiot box that allows you to not think. The statistics of how many hours per day your average american watches is staggering! Add in the the prescription drugs the feed all ages and bam, you have yourself a blank slate that simply lives their lives vicariously through their most relatable favorite on air personality! I imagine you will only hear of more shows creating quite the view of our friends in Russia, isnt there a russian spy movie called the Americans on the same network as Archer?
edit on America/ChicagoMondayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331amMonday4 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

edit on America/ChicagoMondayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331amMonday4 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by elementalgrove

Yes the same network that owns Fox News...

new topics

top topics

join