It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey downs Syria military jet 'in airspace violation'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Turkish forces have shot down a Syrian military jet they say was violating their airspace despite warnings. Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned such action by Syria merited a "heavy response". But Syria accused Turkey of "blatant aggression", saying the plane had been over Syrian territory at the time. The incident reportedly occurred in an area where Syrian rebels and government forces have been fighting for control of a border crossing. Turkey and Syria - once allies - share more than 500 miles (800km) of border. Turkey has broadly sided with the rebels in Syria's war since October 2011. Turkish forces launched artillery strikes on Syrian targets in late 2012 after the Syrians shot down a Turkish jet. However, the BBC's James Reynolds in Istanbul says neither side is interested in a direct, sustained conflict.

BBC

Well i searched and couldnt find this here anywhere, i posted this in world war three just because.well the world does seem to be shaping up to be at war at the moment. Things like this arent a day to day occurrence and although both sides say they arent interested in a direct sustained conflict, it doesnt mean that wont happen. This could be another flashpoint for russian action due to thier interests in syria imho.

Thoughts?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by moosevernel

i typed in "turkey/syria jet" and found a thread on it..
im not gonna bother linking to it because this thread will be closed shortly

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Already posted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

guess i didnt type it like yo did with the / sign. i think it should be okay though since its in a different forum...or am i mistaken?
thanks for your contribution though

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Someone posted this already, just in case you haven't heard.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by minusinfinity

Little late.. Just a thought, If a breaking news story happens and you are not posting it within minutes? Some star and flag whore already did.

The breaking news is all ATS is worth anymore in my eyes. So if you are gonna post breaking news? Dude it better be pretty fresh or you already missed it.

link   
reply to post by minusinfinity

obviously i hadnt..!!

anyone else wanna chip in and tell me what 3 other people have already said?

link   

Depends, if the only other duplicate is in one of the breaking news sections then you are ok, but I think there are 2 up already about this topic.
We will find out soon enough, a mod will clarify.
Still a really crazy event though, i am ok with repeat post about it so everyone can see what is happening
WW3 was the correct forum, seems the entire world is a powder keg ready to explode into war

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Already posted;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add to the ongoing

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

join